1 2 3 4
Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/29/22 11:04 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:
travellering said:

I definitely had an error 404 on today's wordle.

I hate when I work out the last four letters by the third attempt.. but there are seven possible first letters so I fail to get it. 

Another one like that today. Except it was the first three.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/29/22 11:45 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Argh, yeah, I had four letters in the right place as of the second guess. But it took two more to get it right thanks to all the other pesky possibilities.

stukndapast
stukndapast Reader
3/29/22 12:31 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

These two are great

Nerdle (numbers/math) https://nerdlegame.com/

Worldle (geography) https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/

I tried both of those today.  Very good games.  Got the geography in 3 (really should have recognized it immediately) and the math in 4.  The math one is quite an exercise.  Thanks for the links.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/30/22 9:29 a.m.

Here we go again.  On guess 2 I have 4/5, but there are so many options for that missing letter.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/22 9:32 a.m.

Today's word was annoying for me, 5. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/30/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Three. I'm kinda surprised I hit it, only had three letters on my two seed words. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/30/22 10:43 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

Here we go again.  On guess 2 I have 4/5, but there are so many options for that missing letter.

The trap on those is trying to guess it on the next guess. 

For example... if you've got the last four "ound", there are a BUNCH of letters that could be first. B, F, H, M, P, R, S, and W. DON'T try to guess the word on the next guess. Use a word that doesn't use any of the known letters, and as many of the unknown ones as possible. "Whomp" or "Wharf" are much better guesses. 

Of course, if you are on your 5th guess when you learn the last 4, you don't have a choice. You have to guess. 

nlevine (Forum Supporter)
nlevine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/30/22 11:12 a.m.

Weird situation today, as my wife and I were each served-up different words (we've been "competing" and comparing notes/solutions for months). Both were listed as Wordle 284.

Also, I'm bummed that I failed on Quordle (4 words in 9 guesses) and Octordle (8 words in 12 guesses) as well...

Yesterday was a better day - solved everything...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/30/22 11:15 a.m.
SV reX said:
ProDarwin said:

The trap on those is trying to guess it on the next guess. 

For example... if you've got the last four "ound", there are a BUNCH of letters that could be first. B, F, H, M, P, R, S, and W. DON'T try to guess the word on the next guess. Use a word that doesn't use any of the known letters, and as many of the unknown ones as possible. "Whomp" or "Wharf" are much better guesses. 

Of course, if you are on your 5th guess when you learn the last 4, you don't have a choice. You have to guess. 

Yeah, but as I mentioned earlier, I've been playing on hard mode and you can't do that.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/30/22 3:57 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Huh.  That doesn't look like it makes it "hard".  It doesn't take more skill to play that way.  That makes it more random.  It turns it into a complete game of chance.

It may be "harder" to win, but it doesn't appear to take more skill.  Just more luck.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
3/30/22 7:19 p.m.

If you're a movie buff, try framed

https://framed.wtf

No Time
No Time SuperDork
4/16/22 9:21 a.m.

Here's a new way to evaluate your performance:

Wordle bot

solfly
solfly Dork