m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/12 8:25 p.m.

I took my bag o'valves and valve springs for the Maserati to work today so I could buy a bucked of Chem-Dip and clean up the valves.

Bought the bucket o'chemicles and carried them up to my 6th floor IT suite. I then proceeded to set the valves inside the solvent and shook them up every so often, you know, so the stuff could work it's magik.

I left work a bit early as Jonny Pruitt was going to come over and we were going to set the valve clearances.

Except I left the bag o'springs in my office.

Doh!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/12 9:19 p.m.

have they sprung yet?

m4ff3w
4/16/12 9:38 p.m.

They won't get sprung until tomorrow. But because of class, they won't get compressed until Wed...

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
4/16/12 10:18 p.m.

I intended to shoot some clearcoat on my bike tank and fender, after work, today. Last night, I put the tank and fender and a roll of masking tape for the fuel fittings into my van (needed to bring the trailer home for yard clean-up).

It was around lunchtime, that I realized I didn't transfer the cans of clearcoat and hardener, that I picked up on Saturday, from the Mini to the van.

Doh!

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
4/17/12 7:28 a.m.

They'll be real clean by this morning though.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
4/17/12 7:32 a.m.

I put my lunch this morning on the trunk of the Miata when I saw the garbage waiting to go to the curb. Then I remember hearing something sliding of my trunk at the round-about. I got to work and looked for my lunch... DOH!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/12 9:30 a.m.
RossD wrote: I put my lunch this morning on the trunk of the Miata when I saw the garbage waiting to go to the curb. Then I remember hearing something sliding of my trunk at the round-about. I got to work and looked for my lunch... DOH!

I saw a lady do that with a gallon of milk.. it was a right mess

m4ff3w
4/18/12 9:22 a.m.

I took the valve springs home last night. I checked on the valves and the carbon just wiped off with my fingers. So maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/18/12 9:31 a.m.

WHen SWMBO and I were just dating, she was moving from her apt to a rental house. The day we were supposed to help move her out (2nd to last day of her lease) she broke her foot, and ended up getting a cast.

fast forward to the hectic last 2 hours of the move, at 3 am, after no sleep the night before, and a day at the doctors office getting a foot set, and we are finishing up and cleaning up the empty apt, sweeping floors, vacuuming carpet, and taking trash to the dumpster. I tossed about 10 trash bags full of crap out.

Apparently, one of those bags wasnt crap, it was ALL OF HER SHOES ...including the shoe she couldnt wear because of the cast. Thats right, i threw away all her shoes, except for the ONE she was wearing...

DOH

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
4/18/12 9:53 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

you should be outta there in another ten yrs or so... but she will never forget

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/18/12 9:55 a.m.

In reply to fasted58:

LOL...I spent HOURS inside that dumpster the next day once we had figured out what had happened...dug through MOUNTAINS of trash...to no avail. I almost wondered if someone else found a bag full of shoes in a dumpster and ran off with them in the night...

Duke
Duke UberDork
4/18/12 10:40 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
RossD wrote: I put my lunch this morning on the trunk of the Miata when I saw the garbage waiting to go to the curb. Then I remember hearing something sliding of my trunk at the round-about. I got to work and looked for my lunch... DOH!
I saw a lady do that with a gallon of milk.. it was a right mess

I saw a typical guy in a snappy suit driving an Audi do that... with a Big Gulp and an open sunroof. FTW.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eJqGM5MDanfCCLaHDu3569gHeDdfT9UL8rVDJhP6XTsYce4k42ebWYRS6UHxTxUV