1 2 3
GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/5/08 10:02 a.m.

Fair enough, im sure the system could be drasticly improved. Simply doing away with it though because some drug addicts take advantage of it seems foolish as it would have very little impact on our nations drugs problem and could possible make things worse.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/5/08 11:56 a.m.

I don't recall anybody saying to do away with welfare...but to place a constraint on it that is commonplace in many other aspects of life.

Clem

Duke
Duke Dork
8/5/08 12:08 p.m.

Yeah, although I don't like welfare, I'm not suggesting we abolish it. Just make mandatory drug testing part of picking up your check every month.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/5/08 12:09 p.m.

Duke, It's all Direct Deposit now, so they can use a Debit Card just like Rich Folk. Should they pee into the computer?

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/5/08 2:18 p.m.

lmao

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
8/5/08 2:33 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Duke, It's all Direct Deposit now, so they can use a Debit Card just like Rich Folk. Should they pee into the computer?

Are you telling me that people don't have to 'wake up, cause it's tha first of tha month....'

Damn, I almost envy these peoples.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/5/08 2:49 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Duke, It's all Direct Deposit now, so they can use a Debit Card just like Rich Folk. Should they pee into the computer?

Hey, they've got all kinds of identification these days. I'm sure we can pay some smart gummint scientist types to figure it out.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/5/08 3:17 p.m.

When they came out with the debit welfare cards, they made a big deal because now when these people spend your money at the grocery store buying everything except beer and smokes (which they pay cash for), they don't have that nasty stigma of welfare attached to their check-out experience like when they actually used food stamps. They can just swipe your money on their debit card.

I think that once a month or so drug tests for welfare money is quite reasonable. Plus maybe an occasional spot check too. Like "come in in 24 hours or loose your 'back pay from before the war,'" which incidentally is what it is called in certain communities.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/5/08 4:36 p.m.

Note: Remember not to buy poppy seed muffins with free food card!

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/5/08 5:39 p.m.

i usualy have 2 poppy seed keiser rolls a week, good thing I dont take drug tests

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/5/08 5:42 p.m.

Poppy seed would probably be out of your pee in about 48 hours. Extra Strong Tobacco takes a month.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/8/08 12:27 a.m.

back to the original post, news (cnn?) stated that drug dealers have been shipping packages to innocent civilians and then picking them up before the residents took them in. i still believe that the cops where behind this.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
8/9/08 8:21 a.m.

"OOOPS, We goofed. E36 M3 Happens. Tough luck about your dogs, we'd kill them again tomorrow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/08/AR2008080802690.html?sid=ST2008080603533&pos=

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/9/08 9:28 a.m.

What a doushe.

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
8/9/08 9:53 a.m.

Your the berkeleying mayor! Have that swat team ground up and fed to the dogs at the local human society!

Joey

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
8/9/08 2:27 p.m.

High exonerated the mayor and his family and expressed regret that they were victimized by drug dealers and that their dogs had been killed. High stopped short of apologizing for any action by law enforcement, police and Calvo said.

That right there is proof enough that this was warning/retribution for the mayor's "interference" with the local PD... The Sheriff knows it too, just doesn't have the balls (probably fears for his family, frankly) to call them on it and wants to call the FBI in. I think they should get involved.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/9/08 2:53 p.m.

aparently they didn't secure the appropriate no knock warrant..

Any lawyer worth his salt will rip them apart... ultimate retaliation and retribution will be when everyone on that police force is guarding the shopping malls

http://mallrats-lafours.ytmnd.com/

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/9/08 3:01 p.m.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-mayor0808,0,4628748.story fbi is on the case y0

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
45V9ep7VO1iJozBJg6ecQA3PqBAFVtGaxtfKvQc5LZR7iMVPatL4IMgtLFW2fH07