1 2 3
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
6/9/10 11:25 a.m.

Looks like the viper is sold, collected seriously ~3K in non refundible deposits on the car over the last four months. All stupid people who could not get financing wasting time. Donated half of it to charity this morning. Finally found a stand up guy paying in cash and discounted him the rest of the deposits.

All I have now is my stupid leased Prius for work. Plus a huge pile on money to go spend on something else. The car is off being detailed for the new owner and I already regret this sale.

So expect a bounce back car soon. Something big and boisterous and really freaking expensive. This will be the first time in like 10 years I have not had a sports car for any length of time over say a day.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
6/9/10 11:28 a.m.

Slight OT, but did you have any issues with the people who gave you deposits (ie, wanting/demanding it back) ?

jlm_photo
jlm_photo New Reader
6/9/10 11:44 a.m.

I say pay off the Prius lease and buy something really cool! I'd love to have a pile of $$$ to spend on a car.

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
6/9/10 11:46 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: So expect a bounce back car soon. Something big and boisterous and really freaking expensive. This will be the first time in like 10 years I have not had a sports car for any length of time over say a day.

It ain't no sports car, but the car in my avatar is big, boisterous and really freaking expensive It does autocross better than you might think, and one day after I get some HPDE experience and the CPO warranty is finally used up I will take it to Watkins Glen for a track day, where I think it will really shine.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
6/9/10 11:48 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Something big and boisterous and really freaking expensive. This will be the first time in like 10 years I have not had a sports car for any length of time over say a day.

CTSV. DO IT!

Or, you could be really cool and turn a musclecar into a pro-touring type of mobile.

If you want BIG, I think it would be wicked to see some year of M5 with a LS stroker motor in it making big power with a 6 speed.

If you want a big sports car, I don't think those go hand in hand...

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/9/10 11:52 a.m.

Aston Martin!!!!!!!!!!

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/10 12:00 p.m.

^ plus as many as it takes. No sigle car should look so sexy and sound so sexy as they do.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/9/10 12:04 p.m.

e39 wagon+LS+Eaton blower. Leave ribbons of german/american awesome everywhere you go.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
6/9/10 12:06 p.m.
jlm_photo wrote: I say pay off the Prius lease and buy something really cool! I'd love to have a pile of $$$ to spend on a car.

Already prepaid. My/Wife' daily's are always leases on the jacked up residual specials prepaid to avoid Cali tax and interest in some cases. 210$ lease or something along those lines monthly for a 24K car bwahhh.

Only real debt I have is my mortgage and that's a drop in the bucket its a cheap little GRM friendly house in the land of excess.

So looking around the 90-100K range used leased for ~three year (avoid sales tax, stupid California)

I want a Gallardo but cannot get a good one for that. I need the 05+ for the nose lift. The wife is swinging for something cheaper and old and slow (Another 356) I like the Morgan but cannot find one in good coloring. The 360 is out the 355 is out due to Mantiance.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
6/9/10 12:20 p.m.

Wonder what an 07 or so S65 AMG goes for these days.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
6/9/10 12:27 p.m.

Testarossssaaaah....see how that just flows????

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
6/9/10 12:31 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Testarossssaaaah....see how that just flows????

Don't start with that, I love them and they are CHEAP to buy, just a pain to maintain. Just keeping my old 308 on the road was trouble. A TR thats like having a mistress with a gambling problem.

Here is the last car I looked at, unfortuently sold now.

http://www.jakesmotorcars.com/web/2244/vehicle/438660/2006-Lamborghini-Gallardo-E-Gear-San%20Diego-CA?store=2244

jlm_photo
jlm_photo New Reader
6/9/10 12:40 p.m.

I'm thinkin' Porsche 997 GT3 RS MkII.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
6/9/10 12:47 p.m.

So I'm the one that has to say LS1 + Miata?

-Rob

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/10 12:52 p.m.
jlm_photo said: I'm thinkin' Porsche 997 GT3 RS MkII.

Do you think Used viper money will buy one of those? If so, I have a used Viper to sell you.

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
6/9/10 12:53 p.m.

I'd try and stay patient for another Gallardo to come up.

What about a new Viper?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
6/9/10 1:06 p.m.
maroon92 wrote:
Do you think Used viper money will buy one of those? If so, I have a used Viper to sell you.

New Viper money does not even touch them, they are 160K+ everyday if you can get one. A 997./1 GT3 RS is still above 100K for a properly equiped non tracked model.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/10 1:17 p.m.

You know, there is a beast of an LS1-powered RX-7 in the GRM Classifieds right now...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/10 1:36 p.m.

How about a 328?

My buddy's 89 has been pretty reliable. It just needs to be driven regularly. Bosch EFI is pretty straight forward to maintain, slightly larger engine means more torque so its a bit more driveable around town, etc. Worst case, swap a MegaSquirt into the stock case and no one will be the wiser.

How about an Aston Martin or a Jaguar?

jlm_photo
jlm_photo New Reader
6/9/10 3:27 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote:
maroon92 wrote:
New Viper money does not even touch them, they are 160K+ everyday if you can get one. A 997./1 GT3 RS is still above 100K for a properly equiped non tracked model.

Yeah, I hope you don't think I was being serious...

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
6/9/10 3:32 p.m.

I was going to say Ford GT, but wow the prices on those are up there.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
6/9/10 3:37 p.m.
Cotton wrote: I was going to say Ford GT, but wow the prices on those are up there.

Yeah they never came down. A good friend in the office across from me has one, bought it new and I think its worth more then he paid at the time. Lovely car though.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky Reader
6/9/10 3:40 p.m.

I can't begin to think what I'd buy with "used Viper" amounts of money. I guess that's what I get from growing up on the other side of the tracks, LOL.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones Reader
6/9/10 3:56 p.m.
VanillaSky wrote: I can't begin to think what I'd buy with "used Viper" amounts of money. I guess that's what I get from growing up on the other side of the tracks, LOL.

No Kidding, this seems like the most un-GRM post I've seen... :)

KJ

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/9/10 3:56 p.m.
P71 wrote: You know, there is a *beast* of an LS1-powered RX-7 in the GRM Classifieds right now...

I can attest to seeing this thing in person, VERY nicely built.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pVMNZV6AUaNXc1zjVOysR7BhLZ14wk1jx2Fu9ixzdSohWCuzzv1cZBBTpqqGl9MR