carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/20/12 12:52 a.m.

For those of you into the video game or anime here is a video of the introduction of the movie at the Dallas International Film Festival

http://diff2012.dallasfilm.org/diff-video-dragon-age/

The cute blonde being interviewed is my daughter.

The Bioware extra's they are talking about being on the DVD is what she just went to Japan to film. It is really a very seldom allowed look into much of the Japanese company. The Japanese in general are very private and very seldom allow filming in their businesses.

She's the daughter that is the most into autocross and cars. She's the one that, in an effort to beat all us guy's times on an off road kart course flipped her kart 4-5 times in the air and her left arm is held together by pins. Very competitive.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/20/12 8:27 a.m.

Hiding this post from my wife. I'll never get any gaming time in again.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/20/12 8:59 a.m.

Just take her to the movies or buy the DVD and maybe she'll get hooked too.

We're going to the world premier tonight.

In Dallas they do it differently, the Red Carpet and interviews are one day and the movie is the next day.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/20/12 9:00 a.m.

No... SHE'S the one addicted!

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/20/12 6:49 p.m.

Another gratuitous proud papa link -

On the Red Carpet

Love the line "we're scared of her" when asked what makes her a good producer.

Off to see the premiere of the film in about 30

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/21/12 12:50 a.m.

The movie was excellent and the partying was pretty good too.

I'd seen artwork and had plot lines and scenes bounced off me quite a bit but was still very surprised at the storyline, quality and length of the movie. For some reason I'd gotten into my head this was about a 45 minute movie.

Not so, it was an hour and a half and had a very good story line. You don't need to be a gamer or Anime fan at all to enjoy the movie.

They took a character that was in the game as more of an extra and did a good job of telling her back story and fleshing out her character.

And if you are a fan of Godzilla vs.(the monster of the day) movies you'll get a kick out of part of the climax.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
4/23/12 12:00 p.m.

The LA Times has a trailer

LA Times

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
4/23/12 7:12 p.m.

congrats, it looked fun.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KEnDT6MauB5DWtPn0XxO5tLvOvtQaXYip7O5QauOTlmPxvOsg9gGJJJiypWWpnn7