1 2
BARNCA
BARNCA Dork
8/17/12 9:33 a.m.

anyone see it yet.. if so was it good bad or indifferent?

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/17/12 10:59 a.m.

I wanna go see it. Hope someone here offers a good review and doesn't spoil it. LOL

former520
former520 Reader
8/17/12 11:11 a.m.

Things blowing up, cheesy catch phrases, physics defying stunts in unbelievable situation. Sprinkled with lots of explosions and action. Looks like a summer blockbuster to me. How can you go wrong?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/17/12 11:14 a.m.

It's got Chuck Norris. Even if it is only a cameo, that has to be worth the price of admission. They've got all the action stars I can think of in it. It's popcorn fun at its best!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
8/17/12 6:29 p.m.

I had really low expectations when I watched the first one on Netflix, but I really enjoyed it. Not Shakespeare by any means, but it was funny in places and the action was great. Jason Statham's always a good bet.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
8/17/12 6:42 p.m.

I will give a report tomorrow. We are going to go see it with SWMBO's family tomorrow afternoon.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/17/12 6:44 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I had really low expectations when I watched the first one on Netflix, but I really enjoyed it. Not Shakespeare by any means, but it was funny in places and the action was great. Jason Statham's always a good bet.

Hmmm, maybe I will watch the first one later tonight.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/17/12 9:47 p.m.

One of the best comments I ever saw on the internet was shortly after the poster was revealed:

"That should be the new American Flag."

jg

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/17/12 10:00 p.m.

I think I'll wait until it hits Netflix instant. That should happen in less time than it takes for Chuck to regurgitate a catch phrase. I don't have the money to be wasting at the movies anyway.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/17/12 10:02 p.m.

AMERICA! berkeley YEAH!

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/17/12 10:03 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: One of the best comments I ever saw on the internet was shortly after the poster was revealed: "That should be the new American Flag." jg

Sad thing is, Dolph, Jean Claude, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Arnold-? Not from 'Merica.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/17/12 10:05 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: One of the best comments I ever saw on the internet was shortly after the poster was revealed: "That should be the new American Flag." jg

Needs more Bruce Campbell.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/17/12 10:12 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Do I really have to say it? Fine then... Bruce Campbell is WAY overrated.

Looking to go with some friends soon. I watched the first one the day it came out with my friend Woodsie for his birthday. Maybe Monday.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/17/12 10:13 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Needs more Bruce Campbell.

Throw in Campbell, Don Johnson and Kenny powers and call it a day.

jg

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
8/17/12 10:22 p.m.

I saw some article saying that they are already talking about doing a third movie and they are trying to add Harrison Ford, Nicholas Cage and Wesley Snipes to the line up.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
8/17/12 10:52 p.m.

Please get Steven Segal, please, please, please..

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
8/17/12 11:27 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Please get Steven Segal, please, please, please..

^This... then let him and Van Damme go at it.

Also... add that Dudekoff guy (American Ninja?) and let him and Chuck Norris go at it.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/18/12 12:01 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: I saw some article saying that they are already talking about doing a third movie and they are trying to add Harrison Ford, Nicholas Cage and Wesley Snipes to the line up.

Wait, what? Why the berkeley would they even consider him? I would take the offspring of Bruce Campbell and Kenny Powers before I would consider that dude for a movie like this.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
8/18/12 12:15 a.m.

In reply to driver109x:

Whoa I havn't seen the American Ninja movies in forever...

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
8/18/12 1:38 a.m.

My thoughts on this movie:

"I'LL TAKE MINE WITH EXTRA CHEESE PLEASE!"

And I loved it. It was so cheesy it was good. Better than the first one by far.

BARNCA
BARNCA Dork
8/18/12 7:29 a.m.

nicholas cage doesnt exactly make me think action superstar..

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
8/18/12 8:08 a.m.

In reply to BARNCA:

Yeah that one kinda made me scratch my head. I mean the guy has been in plenty of action movies but he just doesn't fit with those other guys. Harrison Ford is also getting up there for doing action rolls.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/18/12 1:56 p.m.

Harrison Ford is too old, but Norris is not? Norris is 72 years old!

Well, ok... He's Norris!

Nicholas Cage is a baby by comparison (48 years old).

Actually, while it is a screaming cast, it's a pretty geriatric bunch. Scott Adkins is the only one in his 30's. After that, the average age of the cast is over 55.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
8/18/12 10:01 p.m.

Saw it last night. It was great if you like things that go boom and a plot that is nearly non-existant. I liked it for what it was. There were some really cheesy lines tho.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/18/12 10:06 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Harrison Ford is too old, but Norris is not? Norris is 72 years old! Well, ok... He's Norris! Nicholas Cage is a baby by comparison (48 years old). Actually, while it is a screaming cast, it's a pretty geriatric bunch. Scott Adkins is the only one in his 30's. After that, the average age of the cast is over 55.

I had no idea Jet Li was almost 50. Jesus. And Chuck is 72? Holy CRAP!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SE5ZIbFVI9c4ycNwydIsD0kQTOfBJXdrupe3kQ8HIibmRHfTNF4ldClbW5L7Nuwz