P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/20 7:52 p.m.

I was looking for something else on a map and stumbled upon the fact that I was under a mile away from this today:

I looked it up and it’s a place called F T Techno of America LLC. They’re proving grounds for the two big Michigan universities, for one thing. Has anyone else heard of them or what they do? It would be conveniently close for me if they DID happen to do road courses there!

incidentally, there’s a really cool sunflower field half a mile to the south on Mason road, just east of Fowlerville Rd there at Munsell Farms. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/20 7:58 p.m.

Huh. I've lived in Livingston County my whole life and I've never heard of this place.

P3PPY
8/8/20 8:03 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Well hey neighbor. And FWIW they didn’t have any job openings there. Poop :)

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/8/20 8:04 p.m.

The Fowlerville Proving Ground, situated on 950 secluded acres in southeast Michigan, is a world-class, independent proving ground, fully equipped with professional engineering and operations staff to exceed expectations. Open year-round, test tracks, building space, and testing services are provided according to customer needs and budget requirements. The facility boasts multiple test tracks, including a 4,500-foot straightaway, 48,000 square-feet of low and middle µ tiles, a 20-acre dynamic pad, a 3-mile oval track, an ADAS Test Facility and many more.

https://www.ftt-a.com

They also host private driver events but it looks like they are aimed at manufacturers or organizations. 

Fowlerville Proving Ground specializes in hosting flawless, memorable events that will stand out in the minds of your guests. From custom course set-up, to technical advisement and safety monitoring, let us guide you every step of the way. Our attention to detail and pride in customer satisfaction will be evident in every facet of your experience.

• Work one-on-one with FTTA staff to coordinate the perfect event for your company
  • Utilize FTTA tracks, offices and garages to showcase your products and experience
  • Create a memorable event at a location your customers and executives will never forget

https://www.ftt-a.com/events/

P3PPY
8/8/20 8:22 p.m.

Yeah I read all that but marketing-speak isn’t always very translucent 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/20 9:24 p.m.
P3PPY said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Well hey neighbor. And FWIW they didn’t have any job openings there. Poop :)

Howdy! I'm in Brighton.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DdXKuBnLUgBZUGcYSiePibloJk0bqd1HDhJ7fTyihTJA8RW1IPAf5K0z0Mxo4OE7