SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/1/13 8:39 p.m.

Has anyone played this? My god what a great game. If I hadn't heard about it from my cousins husband, I would have never known. I'm absolutely addicted.

I think I'm going to play right now.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
5/1/13 8:46 p.m.

The story is five kinds of gay. The multiplayer is, the last time I played it, extremely broken. It stops being as fun when there isn't anything left for you to do. After a while there aren't any enemies left.

Other than that it's alright.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/1/13 8:53 p.m.

Wow, that was harsh.

I figured you are going to eventually run out of stuff to do. However the storyline is better than the last couple COD games.

I like that there is a huge map and that there are other things to do besides the storyline.

I haven't played multiplayer, but I've played Co-op and that has been pretty fun.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
5/1/13 9:29 p.m.

This may be on my short list. Misspent many hours on the original Xbox playing multiplayer in the first FC. Cool map maker toolset, too.

Can't beat that the guy that makes the worst movies in the world made a FC movie with Stephen Colbert in a small part!

Neckromacr
Neckromacr Reader
5/2/13 12:03 a.m.

I was playing this and had just gotten down to where the really cool take downs had come into play and got called back to Borderlands.

The story isn't awful, but won't win any prizes. It's primer just to keep the action going.

The action is where it's at, very involving and fun. The art of taking down a base, the very live feeling of the world. Now I want to get back to playing it again.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/2/13 7:42 a.m.

Had it lined up to play, then my gaming PC died

The biggest criticisms I've heard are that the autosave system discourages you from "messing around" (Imagine the GTA series with autosave...that would suck!) and the storyline. The developers have said that the storyline is self-parodying and people aren't getting it...uh huh.

Neckromacr
Neckromacr Reader
5/2/13 10:12 a.m.

I messed around pleanty and never got overly annoyed. It's good in some ways, say you're raiding a camp and totally fubared it, you start from just outside the base. Try again with a new plan of attack.

Then again I'm prone to rapid quick saves and suffer from the "oh why did I save here I'm so berkleyed" syndrome.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/2/13 10:15 a.m.

Farcry 3: Blood Dragon looks WAY cooler.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
5/2/13 10:18 a.m.

I picked it up and have been playing it off and on. I like it, but I'm a pretty horrible gamer, so could use some good cheat codes.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/2/13 7:06 p.m.
Neckromacr wrote: I messed around pleanty and never got overly annoyed. It's good in some ways, say you're raiding a camp and totally fubared it, you start from just outside the base. Try again with a new plan of attack. Then again I'm prone to rapid quick saves and suffer from the "oh why did I save here I'm so berkleyed" syndrome.

I like being able to make a new plan of attack when it doesn't work the first time.

failboat
failboat SuperDork
5/2/13 8:17 p.m.

always liked the map editor aspect of far cry.

back in the day one of my friends made an epic off roading map for the jeeps and atv's. i made a really good clone of the counter strike map iceworld, that was crazy.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
5/2/13 8:28 p.m.

I haven't played FarCry 3 yet (been going through Bioshock: Infinite. What an amazing game). I got a free FarCry 3 download after buying a new SSD hard drive for my laptop, I just haven't gotten around to downloading it yet.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/2/13 11:23 p.m.

I haven't gotten off Far Cry yet.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
5/6/13 12:56 p.m.

Bumparuuuu

Swank Force One wrote: Farcry 3: Blood Dragon looks WAY cooler.

I played the demo.

Predator and Robocop references, lasers, explosions, swearing, bad puns, synth music, neon colors. It's berkeleying gloriously 80s.

I'm seriously tempted to get the game.

calteg
calteg Reader
5/6/13 1:36 p.m.

The game started off great, and got repetitive pretty fast. Once you get the silenced sniper rifle, it's all over. I did enjoy trying to clear out the strongholds using only melee attacks

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/6/13 2:32 p.m.

In reply to calteg:

Even with the silencer on the sniper rifle, you can get yourself in trouble. What bases I have left are the privateers, not the pirates, so there are more guys and they have the juggernauts, which are for some reason not going down as easily with the grenade launcher as they once did.

I'm going to go back to the bow and arrow, that was pretty damn effective for trying to be undetected.

Also I think the indicators when you look through the scope are kind of cheating. I don't know if you can shut that off, I haven't looked.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
5/7/13 5:12 a.m.

photo IMG_20130507_055436_zps354485e4.jpg

Listen here: http://youtu.be/GI6CfKcMhjY?t=57s

Sing along.

Yeah, it's self-parodying. I berkeleying love the game. The demo for Blood Dragon pissed me off because it's so awesome and I only have the demo.

I haven't played multiplayer at all. Just the story. The last time I played a story all the way through was back on the SNES with Breath of Fire. Granted that was last year, but seriously, I don't play action games often, and this game has eaten way too many hours. I unlocked the final radio tower the last time I played, so I'm getting somewhat close to the end.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
5/7/13 5:13 a.m.

Oh, and sorry about the cell phone pic of my TV screen. I could not find a screen cap anywhere online.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
5/7/13 9:56 a.m.

I bought Blood Dragon and beat it last night. However, I'm going to up the difficulty and not run through the main quest as fast this time.

Seriously fun game, and definitely worth fifteen bucks.

Honestly, if FC3 had been Blood Dragon, it would be one of the best games ever.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IfzwKAg93WipPr8d1nly46xGD60A0roQqT5X3KW9nStDtpY9kkdUKk8qrzBF0oEK