1 2
RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/11/22 8:58 a.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:

Yeah, they're all on Testosterone and Creatine, but they're definitely loving life.

Hormones cost what, 0.01 calories to produce...there's a good reason why the levels to go down as you age.

See also running NOS on a 250K mile engine.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/11/22 10:07 a.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Feel free to post any studies (probably best in another thread). I think we have at least a couple members who are taking TRT. 

I'm coming around to the idea that it increases quality of life for some men in their later years, and can be safely administered by a doctor.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
8/11/22 10:18 a.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

Feel free to post any studies (probably best in another thread). I think we have at least a couple members who are taking TRT. 

I'm coming around to the idea that it increases quality of life for some men in their later years, and can be safely administered by a doctor.

I've asked my doc about it, but she seems VERY resistant to the idea...

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/11/22 10:39 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

For good reasons! I'm trying to eat / live in a way that gets my body to produce more of it own. Look into Dr Scott Hannon. Friend of mine, and super nice guy. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/11/22 10:52 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Supplemental Testosterone Healthy or Not

I've never heard of an underlining mechanism that inhibits hormone production as one ages so it "seems" reasonable to assume that levels decrease over time for good reason(s).

I haven't researched this, I don't really care that much one way or the other, it just "seems" like a bad idea to mess around with your chemistry in the absence of some identifiable problem.

Maybe its just to lower aggression levels so old guys don't constantly get their a$$es kicked. cheeky 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/11/22 10:58 a.m.
RX Reven' said:

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Maybe its just to lower aggression levels so old guys don't constantly get their a$$es kicked. cheeky 

I don't know if that's the initial reason, but it's an excellent side affect, at the least!!!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/11/22 10:59 a.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to stroker

I passed 74 and am working on 3/4 of a century  

I never attend reunions. High school or college.       Besides I was still in the Navy when the 10 year came around. 

Yeah but you could have worn your naval uniform with aviator wings and scored like a champ.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/11/22 11:10 a.m.
stroker said:
CrustyRedXpress said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

I've asked my doc about it, but she seems VERY resistant to the idea...

I finally got my urologist to give me his opinion on TRT and he said he didn't believe in it.  He said he was fine if I talked to my GP about it, but he wasn't going to do anything.   

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/11/22 11:17 a.m.
spitfirebill said:

Yeah but you could have worn your naval uniform with aviator wings and scored like a champ.  

Or, since it was '76, or so, he might have been spit on crying

stupid times. Now 10 years either way, oh - heck yea!!!

stroker
stroker PowerDork
1/5/23 11:48 a.m.

So this thread is coming back solely for the reason that a friend (my age) who I've known for almost 25 years passed away last week.  He made two posts to FB around noon and after that, nothing.  Word on FB is that he "died in his sleep" but I'm thinking that's probably not accurate.  No other word so far on possible causes but he was diabetic and had other miscellaneous health issues.  Short version is that nobody expected it.  I do not envy his family having to drive 125 miles to go through an apartment absolutely FULL of E36M3 and try to figure out what to do with it.

Don was one of those guys who would give you the shirt off his back, but was as exasperating as "Sheldon" from Big Bang Theory.  A little of Don went a long way, but I'm going to miss him.  I think his passing is a message or warning for me, but I'm going to have to carefully consider what that might be... 

Like I said in the thread title--I'm feeling old.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/23 12:09 p.m.

I've gone to most of my reunions. 10th, 20th and 30th a few years ago.  The "memorial table" at the 30th was sobering - around 40 out of a class size of ~500. Especially since I knew so many of them. My best friend... a girl friend.  Yes, FB does help to keep track of folks to some extent. There is a "Class of 1988" group and once in awhile they will set up a gathering at a local watering hole. I haven't been to one. 

"Feeling old" right now is sitting in a construction trailer office with a group of welding inspectors - most of whom were born after I graduated.  Only one of them is my age or maybe a bit older. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WiyEkNXWsGqLZbEQVg5VfDI4pR7oYPuDBLrWC5T7MBZTijSnqD8OPbCVwDXsCDT7