1 2
dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/27/14 8:56 p.m.

Prior to yesterday, I was not even considering a Fiat 500 Abarth. Thanks to Jerry (Great deals on 2013 Fiats), I'm now feverishly shopping them.

The Abarth I want is at Fields Fiat of Orlando. Given that the deals might end after tomorrow, I'm considering calling them and trying to strike the deal over the phone. As such, 2 questions for the smartest car folks on the internet.

1. It's been 10 years since I bought a new car. Suggestions on how to proceed? Just call and ask for sales? Hard hardball does one play over the phone?
  2. Anyone here know anyone at Fields? I'd rather go with a friend of a friend than just whomever answers my call for "sales".
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/27/14 9:06 p.m.

If you know what you want, hit up the Internet sales guy for a price. They'll expect that you're asking every dealer the same question.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
2/27/14 9:29 p.m.

When I test drive the Abarth at Fields last December, I spoke with Tom Mikl. I recall that he had an E46 M3 before getting an Abarth of his own. I'm a young looking guy who is normally ignored at dealerships, so I appreciated that this guy at least took me seriously. I can email you a picture of his card if you would like.

dyintorace
2/28/14 7:57 a.m.
Mitchell wrote: When I test drive the Abarth at Fields last December, I spoke with Tom Mikl. I recall that he had an E46 M3 before getting an Abarth of his own. I'm a young looking guy who is normally ignored at dealerships, so I appreciated that this guy at least took me seriously. I can email you a picture of his card if you would like.

PM sent!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
2/28/14 4:46 p.m.

..... It's been 8 hours, where are the pictures?

dyintorace
2/28/14 9:42 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: ..... It's been 8 hours, where are the pictures?

Given that I bought it sight unseen today, I'll have to go with the dealership's photos!

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
2/28/14 10:00 p.m.

Wow! Congratulations! I think that's the best color. Did you use Tom? If so, I will need to politely remind him that I have him a sale.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
3/1/14 12:12 a.m.

Congrats! Now where's the pic of the hot Italian scolding me for lusting over a car?

dyintorace
3/1/14 5:34 a.m.
Mitchell wrote: Wow! Congratulations! I think that's the best color. Did you use Tom? If so, I will need to politely remind him that I have him a sale.

I did go through him and already gave him your name. Hit him up for something!

dyintorace
3/1/14 5:35 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Congrats! Now where's the pic of the hot Italian scolding me for lusting over a car?

She's in the other thread Jerry started.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
3/1/14 6:24 a.m.

Let me know how you like the leather seating; I only sat in the cloth seats when checking them out.

We'll see how my car is running once I am done working on it; I'm about ready to kick it to the curb.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/14 7:38 a.m.

Nice!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/1/14 7:39 a.m.

I'm glad I didn't click the link in the other thread seeing that they were only $16k, otherwise I would have been extremely tempted to investigate further...

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/1/14 8:32 a.m.

My ears were burning...

Nice! I'm going to test drive one today, see if they still offer the ~$20k price. If so I'll have one myself before sunset. I'm debating colors though. White with white wheels & black/red graphics, red with white wheels, white with black wheels....

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
3/1/14 8:59 a.m.
Jerry wrote: My ears were burning... Nice! I'm going to test drive one today, see if they still offer the ~$20k price. If so I'll have one myself before sunset. I'm debating colors though. White with white wheels & black/red graphics, red with white wheels, white with black wheels....

I am not normally a fan of stripes and such, but the Abarth looks a lot better with the stripe. It doesn't look so tall.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
3/1/14 9:55 a.m.

I was driving next to one the other day, and man did it sound nice as he was taking off

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/1/14 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

13's. The rebate supposedly ended yesterday, but if they still have the same 5-6 cars on the lot, with 14's coming soon for the same MSRP, what are they gonna do with those 13's? The website still has the $20k prices so far. I'll find out around 530pm EST.

And definitely stripes. Just have to decide the color/wheels.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/14 12:17 p.m.

Good luck with it.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
3/1/14 4:55 p.m.

I stopped by Fields on the way home from work today, seeing whether they had the stripped out model on the lot. I saw your car tucked away in the corner. It is an excellent example. Let us know how the "Abarth Experience" is!

dyintorace
3/1/14 8:09 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: I stopped by Fields on the way home from work today, seeing whether they had the stripped out model on the lot. I saw your car tucked away in the corner. It is an excellent example. Let us know how the "Abarth Experience" is!

I'm glad at least someone I know has seen it in person!

Can't wait to pick it up. Very excited!! 2004 BMW 330i ZHP up for sale very soon!

dyintorace
3/1/14 8:14 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Let me know how you like the leather seating; I only sat in the cloth seats when checking them out. We'll see how my car is running once I am done working on it; I'm about ready to kick it to the curb.

Will do. I hope I like them!

dyintorace
3/1/14 8:14 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Great score. I'm not in the market, but boy it's tempting not to just grab one because.... I wonder what the guys that paid $23k and thought they got a deal think now? The local dealers have the regular pop model for $12k on the road, if my youngest was closer to driving age, I'd get one for her. Her sister has an 09 Jetta, I asked her if she'd rather have the fiat instead. Her answer? "Maybe the red abarth, but probably not, I like my car"

I hope so. I see used ones at the same price I paid new, so hopefully that will take some sting out of the normal new car depreciation.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/2/14 10:14 a.m.

Test drove a red one with upgraded wheels, Comfort and Convenience, and Beats Audio, plus sunroof. Loved the drive, but expecting a $20k car and first offer was $23.5 I scoffed. This one had extra stuff compared to the one I saw online so I offered an extra $1k and said if you can do $21k out the door I'm in.

He came back with $22.6k, after a sheet of dizzying numbers, and I decided to walk. In hindsight, that may not have been a bad deal, my estimated payment after $5k down was $294, which my goal was under $300/month. SWMBO thinks he'll call me back, I'm debating calling myself. Loved the car, and maybe $22.6k out the door wasn't so bad? The cheaper one ended up being a manager demo with 7k miles on it!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
3/2/14 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

I think I test drove the same one. Nice. I liked the hill hold, someone on Fields Ertel decide to get nice and close at an uphill stoplight.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
3/3/14 6:47 a.m.

I didn't even get to test that. Traffic was so bad we barely made it outside of the loop. I emailed two other dealerships, see what they can offer.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BhWeaXrMhs4444SKSJTn2enkhxXpDohTGcGOtFAWgoza8Ghf6M4fTU5EFYNoTivG