1 2 3
rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
6/23/14 2:37 p.m.

Quasimo1
Quasimo1 Reader
6/23/14 3:26 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Those front ends don't just bolt on do they? My friend put a SS from clip on a cutlass and it was a pain In the neck, also looked like crap.

IIRC the Monte SS nose is a little wide for an El Camino and needs to be cut down to size.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/24/14 4:37 p.m.

I'm in the process of finding out which ones fit which.

I mean, they all fit each other, but some are more intense projects. For instance, I was scrutinizing Cutlass and Elky/Malibu. The whole front clip bolts on, but the back edge of the cutlass fenders doesn't match the leading edge of the Malibu/Elky door. So, the easy fix is to get Cutlass doors, but the body contour at the rear of the Cutlass door doesn't match the Elky quarter. Lots of work involved.

curtis73
6/24/14 4:40 p.m.
Wally wrote: I'm pretty sure the Celebrity headlights fit in the openings of the Monte SS and probably anything else with two rectangular sealed beams. At one time it was a pretty popular mod.

That's good to know. For that matter, its not out of the realm of possibility to just graft in darn near any lights I want, just nice to know that there are some possibilities.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
6/24/14 4:41 p.m.

Man I want a G-Body so badly, and this isn't helping. I'd go for the Grand Prix 2+2 aero coupe nose.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
6/24/14 4:48 p.m.

That Cutlass El Camino bothers me because the rear wheel arches don't match.

curtis73
6/24/14 5:00 p.m.

As far as noses go, I'm partial to the Cutlass and Grand National.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/24/14 5:37 p.m.

Doooo eeeeeittt !!!

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
6/24/14 5:47 p.m.
turbojunker wrote: That Cutlass El Camino bothers me because the rear wheel arches don't match.

That is when you throw on the bolt on GN flares

nicksta43
nicksta43 UberDork
6/24/14 6:07 p.m.

That orange olds and the Grand Camino/El National look amazing.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d18WQWpbTiOiktN6G6VrYpLxjfBigm7qxIm8Ry1CfPK3SLm7fJyoZljMQQk5omel