1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/24/08 2:27 p.m.

I came to college, and I found out that texting is the only way people communicate. Which pissed me off, because I really hate texting, and paying the cell phone companies who are already ripping me off even more. And I really hate texting (whats wrong with CALLING me on the PHONE, what it was meant for?)

So now I'm thinking of a way to make texting more enjoyable...A cool ringtone!

I'm looking for a very specific ringtone... I don't know if it exists or not though, Steve McQueen's double clutching in Bullitt. Any ideas on where I can find this? Otherwise I think I'll just get Green Onions by Booker T, but the Mustang would be awesome

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/24/08 2:29 p.m.

depending on your phone, you can create and load sounds from you computer. Not sure how to do this, tho

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/24/08 2:30 p.m.

I googled "Make your own ringtone" and it looks like if you can get the sound clip from the movie you can upload it and make a ringtone out of it.

I may be able to help you get an MP3 of the sound clip, but I am not at my home computer right now.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/08 2:53 p.m.

http://www.myxer.com/

Upload songs/sounds from your computer to make your own ringtones. All free.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
10/24/08 2:57 p.m.

I think less of people with sound clips. MIDIs are acceptable.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/08 2:59 p.m.

As much as I hate the stupid interface design of my Motorola cell phone, I will give it props for one thing. It makes a goddamn ringing sound. Sounds like a big ol' 1940's clunker of a phone. Nobody ever wonders what the sound is. It's a PHONE.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/24/08 3:02 p.m.

I have the clunker ringing right now. Cause everything else is stupid. But Bullitt would be awesome

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
10/24/08 3:18 p.m.

hmmm i just might have to do that myself...I already have one ringtone of a 911 turbo reving its engine

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/08 3:20 p.m.
mtn wrote: I'm looking for a very specific ringtone... I don't know if it exists or not though, Steve McQueen's double clutching in Bullitt. Any ideas on where I can find this?

I could get you a WAV file of it, but from that point on it's up to you. Do you want the whole double-clutching part of the chase sequence?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
10/24/08 3:28 p.m.

Just tape the phone to the rear bumper, have someone hit record, and take off. I may do that....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/25/08 9:51 a.m.

Hey mtn, did you get a sound clip yet? I have one if you want it, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to ya.

Barbo
Barbo New Reader
10/28/08 3:38 a.m.

I use http://makeownringtone.com it allows you to upload your own mp3 files and make ringtones out of them for free.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/28/08 9:25 a.m.

I used Myxer, with an MP3 file that MoJo sent me. It worked great, except now I'm missing calls because I let it play to the end.... Which works out, because usually I don't want to talk to the person calling me.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
10/28/08 10:19 a.m.
mtn wrote: I used Myxer, with an MP3 file that MoJo sent me. It worked great, except now I'm missing calls because I let it play to the end.... Which works out, because usually I don't want to talk to the person calling me.

That just made my morning, thanks

RotoryHeart
RotoryHeart Reader
10/28/08 12:36 p.m.

I was not to thrilled about teh texts until i got a phone with a real key pad. that made it all better. I use to have The Police's Message in a Bottle as my text ring tone and Men at Work's Who Could It Be Now as my main ring tone. I thought they were suitable.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
10/28/08 3:38 p.m.

Mine plays the best ringtone:

zzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzz....

Vibrate. It's free. It doesn't annoy others. Woot.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
10/28/08 5:00 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Mine plays the best ringtone: zzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzz.... Vibrate. It's free. It doesn't annoy others. Woot.

Mine too........ I keep in my pocket :)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/28/08 5:27 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Mine plays the best ringtone: zzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzz.... Vibrate. It's free. It doesn't annoy others. Woot.

I did until I read that it can hurt male fertility... Although in my case, maybe thats a good thing.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA UltraDork
10/28/08 5:44 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote:

God bless both of ya.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
10/29/08 7:03 a.m.
I did until I read that it can hurt male fertility... Although in my case, maybe thats a good thing.

ehh....I'm fixed anyways....so who cares

therex
therex SuperDork
10/29/08 7:09 a.m.
mtn wrote: I did until I read that it can hurt male fertility... Although in my case, maybe thats a good thing.

How could this possibly be true? I mean, is someone keeping their phone in their crotch? Gotta be awkward to answer...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/29/08 8:55 a.m.
therex wrote:
mtn wrote: I did until I read that it can hurt male fertility... Although in my case, maybe thats a good thing.
How could this possibly be true? I mean, is someone keeping their phone in their crotch? Gotta be awkward to answer...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/159624

radio-active somethin or the other. I think that its only when its in talk mode, which would mean that my gonads are ok, and its only my brain that is at risk.... But I've still started to keep my phone in my backpack.

rodrigonella
rodrigonella New Spammer
1/14/20 2:04 a.m.

You can use the Mp3 cutter application to create your own ringtones... [I suggest the smooth sounds of waves lapping up on a canoe]

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
1/14/20 8:29 a.m.

Ring tone is the Cantina song from Star Wars.  Text notification sound is a blaster fire.  Do you sense a theme here?  (And personally I'll take a text over call every day.  Text I answer when I have the time, call says deal with me right now.)

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/14/20 9:06 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

I'll take a time machine sound over Stars Wars sounds every day.......this thread is 14 years old and was resurrected by a canoe.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nlFnVKYL61UKwIUtHkkLwPr5gZQgPCKUN4GCb2V3eoiSN1Eh8oDS5YGCooBaf40X