1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/20 9:12 a.m.

Wow. I think this was on my first ever cell phone. In any case, my phone is on silent 24/7 nowadays. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/14/20 9:15 a.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to Jerry :

I'll take a time machine sound over Stars Wars sounds every day.......this thread is 14 years old and was resurrected by a canoe.

Hmm, 2008 to 2019 = 14 years. I knew I felt old for a reason.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/20 9:18 a.m.
dculberson said:
T.J. said:

In reply to Jerry :

I'll take a time machine sound over Stars Wars sounds every day.......this thread is 14 years old and was resurrected by a canoe.

Hmm, 2008 to 2019 = 14 years. I knew I felt old for a reason.

Uh, don't know if anyone told you, but it is 2020 now.... So I think that makes this thread at least 17 years old.

(I know why you used 2019 - thread being from October and all)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/20 9:18 a.m.

Also, this has to be in the running for oldest canoe-revival on the board. I think this iteration of the board came about around May 2008.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/14/20 10:18 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Haha, no, despite writing 2020 several times a day my mind is apparently stuck in 2019.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/14/20 10:39 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/14/20 12:38 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

No joke my brothers and I quote that line at least once a week.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/20 1:38 p.m.
mtn said:

Wow. I think this was on my first ever cell phone. In any case, my phone is on silent 24/7 nowadays. 

At the time, I used a classic old school ringing noise. Now my iPhone plays the Nokia tune and goes beep-beep-beep-beeeep-beeeeep-beep-beep-beep when I get an SMS. Which I use because it makes me smile and I never have to wonder - the exact reason I was using the old school ring back in 2008. Some things don't change.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
1/14/20 6:41 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to mtn :

Haha, no, despite writing 2020 several times a day my mind is apparently stuck in 2019.

Funny thing, today I remembered 2020 but at work wrote 2/14 on the corner of an order, vs 1/14.

stevensanders
stevensanders
7/15/22 2:55 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
mtn said:

At the time, I used a classic old school ringing noise as dzwonki na telefon. Now my iPhone plays the Nokia tune and goes beep-beep-beep-beeeep-beeeeep-beep-beep-beep when I get an SMS. Which I use because it makes me smile and I never have to wonder - the exact reason I was using the old school ring back in 2008. Some things don't change.

The funny thing is it's 2022, and I still use the same ringtone as you. I have been using this ringtone for almost 10 years.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 9:17 a.m.

I've had to custom-load ordinary ringing sounds onto my last 2 phones...my Treo 650 and Nokia N900 came with ordinary ringing sounds available, but the rooted Android distro on my Droid 4 and F(x)tec Pro1 did not.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/22 9:20 a.m.
stevensanders said:
Keith Tanner said:
mtn said:

At the time, I used a classic old school ringing noise as dzwonki na telefon. Now my iPhone plays the Nokia tune and goes beep-beep-beep-beeeep-beeeeep-beep-beep-beep when I get an SMS. Which I use because it makes me smile and I never have to wonder - the exact reason I was using the old school ring back in 2008. Some things don't change.

The funny thing is it's 2022, and I still use the same ringtone as you. I have been using this ringtone for almost 10 years.

The canoes are getting clever. 

GameboyRMH
7/15/22 9:55 a.m.

^Might want to take the link out of that quote so you're not doing their work for them.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/15/22 10:13 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

^Might want to take the link out of that quote so you're not doing their work for them.

I changed the link

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
7/15/22 11:16 a.m.

Geeze, here I am, thinking "who the actual berk uses a ring tone in the year of our lord 2022" 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/15/22 11:18 a.m.

Phones make noise? I am legitimately not sure what noise my phone makes when it rings. 

GameboyRMH
7/15/22 3:46 p.m.

I have device profiles set up for cycling and driving use where it makes a noise when it rings, otherwise it just vibrates.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
4/26/23 7:11 a.m.

Another canoe. How thoughtful.

My phone plays the theme from Overhaulin'.

Keith Tanner
4/26/23 11:21 a.m.

My phone still plays the Nokia tune and uses the Morse code SMS. I am not permanently attached to it so it has to make noise.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/26/23 11:44 a.m.
RotoryHeart said:

I was not to thrilled about teh texts until i got a phone with a real key pad. that made it all better. I use to have The Police's Message in a Bottle as my text ring tone and Men at Work's Who Could It Be Now as my main ring tone. I thought they were suitable.

What kind of phone do you have? 

Keith Tanner
4/26/23 12:09 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

That post is from 2008. T9 was still a thing :)

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/23 6:06 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

My phone still plays the Nokia tune and uses the Morse code SMS. I am not permanently attached to it so it has to make noise.

I have a Samsung Flip3 and the most annoying thing about it is that it does not have the same soundscape as my 12 year old Samsung slider-qwerty phone.  

I want the little whistle-do sound for notifications.  Can't have.

In protest, I have notifications set to "Squeeze".  It's a little fart sound effect.  I am 13 years old

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/23 9:14 p.m.

Some specific people get their own ringtone, but my generic tone is an excerpt of the end title music from the original tv show "Mission Impossible." It definitely adds importance to my phone calls!

My text notification is the intercom whistle from the original Star Trek tv show, very similar to a naval bosun's whistle. I use different Star Trek computer noises for different email accounts.

I'm a half-step away from black socks and sandals with that setup!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xUTjdA1WCZsfPOvrZkb2RLrEwcF9Zh8mHiwkL9QIoWmGiPlnp7Qzwc2XfNUzIdRl