1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/26/08 8:36 p.m.

I tried this on the last movie I was involved in, and received a flat out terrible response on this board.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'm offering it again.

The latest movie from Sherwood Pictures is "Fireproof". Here's the trailer:

http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/main.php

I was the special effects coordinator, and some of you had input on this board to some of the technical and creative ideas I used. Even the trailer has a couple of car insider bits I put there just for you.

I was INSIDE the building for all the fire scenes, and I was actually hit by the train.

If you are interested in seeing it, I'll buy the tickets for you and one guest, for the first 10 people who ask.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/26/08 10:57 p.m.

ME, ME!

My daughter is a producer/assoc producer out in Hollywood, mostly TV but has worked on several movies as well.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/26/08 11:00 p.m.

What network?

Clay
Clay Reader
8/27/08 7:20 a.m.

My wife and I loved Facing the Giants. We had to drive 80 miles to see it at the time, but it was worth it. Very inspirational. Reminded me of where I come from (grew up just West of Albany).

minimac
minimac Dork
8/27/08 8:36 a.m.

Add two for me and Mrs. Mini. On second thought , give them to someone that needs to see this. We'll see it anyways.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/27/08 8:52 a.m.

Agreed--save the freebies for people who won't be going anyway, but looks good. I also sent the website link to my sister--thought it would be excellent for her and her husband to see with their Small Group.

Margie

Clay
Clay Reader
8/27/08 9:13 a.m.

Yeah, good point. I'm guessing my wife and I would see it anyway, so it would be put to better use for someone who wouldn't otherwise see the movie...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/27/08 10:17 a.m.

Anyone notice any insider car stuff in that trailer? :)

Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
8/27/08 10:38 a.m.

"PG for thematic material and some PERIL". Awesome

Big firetrucks, wrecks, and uh... trains almost maybe hitting wrecked cars on tracks... dammit I thought I was a car person

aircooled
aircooled Dork
8/27/08 12:11 p.m.
SVreX wrote: ...I tried this on the last movie I was involved in, and received a flat out terrible response on this board....

As I remember that was because there was a suspicion on the board that your post was either a "small boat used by the native americans" (don't want to say the C word and mess with the filters) or a somewhat underhanded attempt at prostletizing.

I do not think you were trying to do either but some of us "less religious" types can get a bit defensive about that kind of stuff. Fending off Jehovah's witnesses and being "tricked" by disguised attempts at prosletizing can make you a bit sensitive. (I honestly don't see how such "tricks" can ever be successful)

As an example of what I am talking about, I will always remember attending a presentation at the large EAA Oshkosh show (major experimental aviation show). The presentation was about an experience a Marine Harrier pilot had when he became disoriented in the clouds on a training flight. Well the presentation started out as you might expect but quickly turned into a "how god has entered my life" kind of presentation. Despite many attempts by the audience (who clearly were not there for that) to steer him back to the topic they thought they signed up for, he continued down that path. Needless to say, I was less than pleased at the trickery.

I certainly don't have a problem with someone doing a presentation on the religious revelations, but I find a bit offensive that he would try and disguise it as something else. Almost as if he believed if he could trick someone into "seeing the way", very presumptuous.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think you were trying to do that, just the reason why people can get a bit defensive about such things.

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/27/08 11:38 p.m.

Was there a SVX at the crash site?

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
8/28/08 11:46 a.m.

OK, I watched the trailer and I'd like to ask for tickets if AI'm not to late. What do I need to do?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/28/08 6:56 p.m.
81gtv6 wrote: Was there a SVX at the crash site?

ding ding ding!

It's a 5 speed- it's mine.

There's another bit, but you'll have to be REALLY astute to catch it.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/28/08 6:59 p.m.

OK, I've got 2 takers:

1-carguy123 2- mattmacklind

I don't know the release theatres yet. As soon as it comes out, I'll get some tiks set up for you.

Anyone else?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/28/08 7:12 p.m.

Aircooled:

I offered to buy tickets. That is all.

I never hid anything, just as I didn't here.

I took a lot of unnecessary heat. No one ever mentioned the "c" word. If anyone felt that way, it would have been nice if they discussed it with me, instead if taking pot shots at me.

Call it what you will.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/28/08 11:13 p.m.

6 weeks on set smashing cars, burning down buildings, blowing things up, starting fires with every accelerant known to man, running over stuff with a train...

...every 9 year old boy's dream come true!!

They even gave me screen credit for it!

GSmith
GSmith Reader
8/29/08 5:18 p.m.

We'll - I was going to let the tickets go to someone else as I intend to go anyway, but sure, I'll take free movie tickets. Looking forward to this one.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/29/08 5:28 p.m.
SVreX wrote: 6 weeks on set smashing cars, burning down buildings, blowing things up, starting fires with every accelerant known to man, running over stuff with a train... ...every 9 year old boy's dream come true!! They even gave me screen credit for it!

Looks like that would be fun to make. The message is obviously not my bag.

Wow... those are some big crosses.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/30/08 1:24 p.m.

You're right, Salanis, it was a blast to make, but I respect that the message is not your bag.

Gee, I hope that doesn't qualify as prosyletizing.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
9/14/08 9:43 p.m.

OK, so here goes.

I'm only aware of 2 people interested in my offer:

1-carguy123

2- mattmacklind

I offered 10 pairs, and the offer is still open if anyone else is interested.

Movie opens Sept 26.

I would love it if you would go opening weekend, as it makes a difference for the box office, but if that's not possible, just pick your date.

For those of you who want tix, go to this website and find the nearest theater.

Theaters

Then PM me the theater location and date you want. I'll have the tix waiting for you at the box office.

Anyone else?

GSmith
GSmith Reader
9/14/08 10:45 p.m.

I'm still interested. Will gladly take Hagerstown MD Valley Mall 16 on Sunday the 28th.

PM to follow.

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/08 12:00 a.m.

I would be interested but there are no theaters close enough to me, the closest one is about an hour drive. I guess I will see it when it's out on DVD.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/15/08 12:04 a.m.

I'm interested and I forwarded the link to quite a few folks in my office that the message is thier bag (yeah, they were a bit surprised to see that from me).

But I'll stick with the "I apprecaite the offer, but I am going to buy my ticketts" crowd. Not to be insulting, quite the opposite. If I am going to support a production like this, then I am going to give them my money.

midknight
midknight New Reader
9/15/08 2:02 a.m.

I'd like tickets please. May do me some good. Nearest theatre is AMC Movies 20 at Tallahassee Mall. Thanks,

Wayne

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
9/16/08 11:51 a.m.

I am a fan of some of the stuff Kirk Cameron has done.

I checked the site out and I see that these same people made "Facing the Giants" (didn't see, but heard good things) and Flywheel (saw the box and had to rent it and it was okay)

Is this supposed to be good?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OXgu1sTqELalY46Ci3vRHWLkME9cmUp695WBzPFqQNXXRZTq33LMLnHJkDzdFmcJ