1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/27/21 9:43 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mtn :

When? They're on my list of bands to see.  

September 21, in Chicagoland. I highly recommend going to see them; I preferred the shows with Abeyta, but still superb, really love seeing them. 

My wife and I have seen them at least 10 times, and we still go every time we can. 

EDIT: Looks like they'll about an hour away from you the prior Wednesday and Thursday... GO!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/28/21 12:54 a.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I just got back from CO and it was impressive, I wish I had planned on spending more than 4 days out there. 

That's great to hear. We will only have 3 days there because of work but I'm looking forward to it, never been to Colorado at all actually.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/28/21 6:25 a.m.

I saw Styx last Friday night in a small outdoor theater near Dayton, OH.  They sounded freaking awesome!  I was SO happy to be back to a live music event.

Green Day / Weezer / Fallout Boy coming up in Columbus in a couple of weeks.  Cannot wait.

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/28/21 7:56 a.m.

I miss live music a lot. Red Rocks is still on my bucket list whenever I get out to Colorado. We're starting small and going to see our first live show since 2019 on Saturday - a group called Saved By The 90s that is, predictably, a really great 90s cover band. I'm unreasonably excited.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/28/21 9:23 a.m.

I'm keeping an eye out for comedy shows local to me, Tom Segura, Burt Kreisher, Joe Rogan, Bill Burr, Dave Shappell etc.  Its been a solid 4 years since my last show, and I miss it a lot.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/28/21 10:07 a.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Between the Horizon Alpinefest and the show at Red Rocks it was a whirlwind. I didn't even get to sneak out to Pikes Pikes. It's a spot that I could definitely consider spending a lot more time in. I will say bring clothes for every type of weather because the weather changes there incredibly quickly. And the flash flooding is completely different than the flash flooding when we get thunderstorms back east. Parts of the Red Rocks amphitheater turned into a river Sunday evening and then it was like everything was cool again 45 minutes later (though there still was crazy howling wind coming through) and earlier in the day it had been in the mid 90s. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/28/21 10:52 a.m.
JesseWolfe said:

I'm keeping an eye out for comedy shows local to me, Tom Segura, Burt Kreisher, Joe Rogan, Bill Burr, Dave Shappell etc.  Its been a solid 4 years since my last show, and I miss it a lot.

Bert's Drive-In tour last summer was awesome. It was a really unique way to see a comedy show. They built a big stage in front of the screen, then used a bunch of cameras to show the stage/performers up on the drive-in screen. Then after the show, his crazy drinking as came flying through all the cars in a golf cart with a beer in one hand and a vodka tonic in the other. 

We wanted to get tickets to see Nate Bargatze, but by the time we saw he was coming, the only tickets left we were ones I wasn't willing to pay for. 

Comedy shows, I want to be up front. For live music that is indoors, I always want to be near the soundboard. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/28/21 11:04 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

As a former sound engineer, I just want to say, my man! 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/28/21 3:08 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to z31maniac :

As a former sound engineer, I just want to say, my man! 

I grew up with a dad who played in local/regional bands, so I've going to live music and seen a lot of great bands over the years. A lot of people don't get why I want to be by the soundboard. 

Not only is that the best sound, it's usually the best view of the stage as well.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/28/21 3:08 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

When? They're on my list of bands to see.  

I went a bit crazy buying tickets. So far I've seen Raul Malo from the Mavericks and Blackberry Smoke. I have tickets for Hall & Oates, Luke Bryan, Brooks & Dunn, ZZ Top, Chris Stapleton, Jeff Ross & Dave Attell, and Billy Joel at the USGP. I'm not sure how many work will let me go see but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  

Doesn't look like you'll be seeing ZZ Top now. At least not with the original bassist.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/21 5:33 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I can't, I'm leaving that Friday after work for a weekend in Washington so I have to bring Ollie to stay with family. I seem to keep missing them as well as a few other bands I want to see.  

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/21 6:02 p.m.

I dumbed into going to see Cowboy Mouth on Friday at a bar in town.  Buddy just happened to mention he wanted to see them & didn't want to go by himself.  I didn't even know they were touring.  Although I think Fred is probably the only original member still going.  They are usually fun to see. 

The wife & I used to really enjoy going to see them when they were in town.  Gonna be a little weird though as it's the first concert I've been to since she passed away & it's one of our favorite bands to see live.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/28/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

That really sucks, I was really looking forward to going. I'm curious to see what happens next. 

Im going to some comedy shows too,  I've wanted to see Dave Attell for years, Rich Vos is going to be at a local club here, and I have tickets for Gabriel Iglasias and Sebastian Manascalco that I'm waiting to see when they get rescheduled for. 

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta Reader
7/29/21 8:34 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Foos were great last night.  You could tell they were genuinely happy to be playing music in front of people again.  Great crowd too - no belligerent shiny happy people or fights, just people glad to be having fun.  Cops on bikes everywhere outside the venue, so no chance for a repeat of the July 4 double shooting at Smale Park.  I hope this is a harbinger of how things will go as we move forward.

The playlist was an interesting mix of old, new, and a couple of Bee Gees covers and a Queen cover too.  My only complaint:  they didn't play anything off the first album.  I know I'm weird but I loved that first album that was all Dave, all the time.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/29/21 11:37 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

That really sucks, I was really looking forward to going. I'm curious to see what happens next. 

Im going to some comedy shows too,  I've wanted to see Dave Attell for years, Rich Vos is going to be at a local club here, and I have tickets for Gabriel Iglasias and Sebastian Manascalco that I'm waiting to see when they get rescheduled for. 

Yeah it does. 

We saw Dave Attell in Feb of last year..........he absolutely KILLED. Like, my stomach hurt the next day from laughing so hard for an hour straight. 

Even though he's off the sauce, he's as funny and raunchy as ever. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/30/21 4:47 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I can't wait to see him, he was one of our favorites but every time we tried to go something would come up. 

solfly
solfly Dork
7/30/21 8:32 p.m.

Chris Stapleton concert Wednesday night. Their first live show in 504 days. Our first live show in 5 years. Epic.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/21 12:28 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

So the show was great!  Lots of energy from the band and the crowd.  It was a fairly small venue with probably 200-250 fans, so not too crowded but about 3/4 capacity for the venue.  They tried a tribute to Dusty Hill and you could tell it was totally impromptu as they couldn't get past the first verse of any of the ZZ Top songs they tried (and they tried nothing from the "pop" years).

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/31/21 4:07 p.m.

I'm not considering going to any indoor venues, and I don't know when that's going to change. Some hospitals in Jacksonville and one here in Daytona Beach are maxed out on their covid wards. 

I really miss performing. My wife and I are classically trained singers. In December 2020 we were going to take part in a world wide commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the birth of Ludwig van Beethoven.

Choirs and orchestras all over the world were all going to perform the 9th Symphony on that one night.

The first documented super spreader event in North America was a choir rehearsal, and the ensemble we belong to has more than 120 singers. It's all shut down. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1qNJQo1ry80gwP3YBBS35zx5IuNJYh3NbLI4k7YbqrSyNCYysYDrqzrHuoqZ7SXb