Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/5/15 4:53 p.m.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/national/police-fla-woman-threatens-husband-toilet-lid/npG6p/

"Police said Austin-Knight was holding a bottle of liquor when they found her and she appeared intoxicated."

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/5/15 5:00 p.m.

Why did she have the toilet seat outside?

Adrift
Adrift Reader
11/5/15 5:02 p.m.

Well, he did leave the seat up.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
11/5/15 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

I like your title better than the reporter's.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/15 5:42 p.m.

ah E36 M3...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
11/5/15 6:00 p.m.

This sort of E36 M3 goes on across the street from me all the time. It's an interesting neighborhood. One neighbor across the street from me is 100% white trash. The other neighbor is a doctor with a car collection that includes an Audi SUV, an upmarket BMW convertible, a Honda S2000, a Roush Mustang, and a Lamborghini Murcielago.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
11/5/15 6:13 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: an Audi SUV, an upmarket BMW convertible, a Honda S2000, a Roush Mustang, and a Lamborghini Murcielago.

That escalated quickly!

That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/5/15 6:28 p.m.
Brian wrote: Why did she have the toilet seat outside?

Because Florida

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
11/5/15 7:13 p.m.

People just have to learn to keep a lid on their emotions

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/15 7:44 p.m.

and here I always got in trouble for leaving the lid up

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
11/5/15 8:53 p.m.

Florida has really gone to pot.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/5/15 9:22 p.m.

From the description in the text, I am invisioning the porcelain lid to the tank, which is easy to remove and makes for a very effective emergency weapon. However, the article shows a picture of the (usually plastic or coated fiberboard) seat & it's lid, which makes no sense. If a drunk lady took the time to remove that, she would have time to sober up and realize that the porcelain tank lid is the better choice.

Now, as to why he didn't fix the leaky toilet already, I have no idea.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
11/5/15 10:58 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Florida has really gone to pot.

RIM shot.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
11/6/15 5:12 a.m.

Maybe he shook it more than twice?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
11/6/15 6:40 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: From the description in the text, I am invisioning the porcelain lid to the tank, which is easy to remove and makes for a very effective emergency weapon. However, the article shows a picture of the (usually plastic or coated fiberboard) seat & it's lid, which makes no sense. If a drunk lady took the time to remove that, she would have time to sober up and realize that the porcelain tank lid is the better choice. Now, as to why he didn't fix the leaky toilet already, I have no idea.

I agree the picture does not match the description and I wonder wherein lies the error. Truly, I have never seen a toilet seat made of porcelain. I assume the weapon was a tank lid and the picture is incorrect.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/6/15 6:52 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: This sort of E36 M3 goes on across the street from me all the time. It's an interesting neighborhood. One neighbor across the street from me is 100% white trash. The other neighbor is a doctor with a car collection that includes an Audi SUV, an upmarket BMW convertible, a Honda S2000, a Roush Mustang, and a Lamborghini Murcielago.

Sounds like you live in a trashy neighborhood with a smart doctor Just put up with the neighbors and spend all the property money you saved on sweet rides! As wearymicrobe has demonstrated, an expensive neighborhood is no guarantee of nice neighbors anyway...

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
11/6/15 9:44 a.m.

You have to understand the female mind. While leaving the lid up is not a serious offense in and of itself, in a woman's mind they are allowed to add up the individual micro-crimes until they reach critical mass. Then you are berkeleyed.

As men, the toilet seat issue is going to be a perpetual battle of the sexes. And since you are not going to win it by pointing out that in a sexually egalitarian society perhaps they should be leaving the seat up for YOU?

That don't work. Trust me.

Here is what does shut them up.

Put both lids down.

It wont end well, but you will die on the moral high ground.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/6/15 11:17 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

This is absolutely true.

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
11/6/15 11:28 a.m.

Poor Florida Man. That guy just can't catch a break.

I assume the donor toilet was in the front yard/porch. Probably had a plant growing out of it.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
11/6/15 11:39 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
1988RedT2 wrote: This sort of E36 M3 goes on across the street from me all the time. It's an interesting neighborhood. One neighbor across the street from me is 100% white trash. The other neighbor is a doctor with a car collection that includes an Audi SUV, an upmarket BMW convertible, a Honda S2000, a Roush Mustang, and a Lamborghini Murcielago.
Sounds like you live in a trashy neighborhood with a smart doctor Just put up with the neighbors and spend all the property money you saved on sweet rides! As wearymicrobe has demonstrated, an expensive neighborhood is no guarantee of nice neighbors anyway...

That may be true, but the trashy neighbor is actually the exception. It's a very nice neighborhood. In fact, we often joke that the trashy neighbor is the only thing keeping the neighborhood from being perfect, which is fine, since perfect is an unattainable absolute anyway.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7UFLemOnrFX6x5SrANqElTYRn7Hblsx6TFvNUIfzJADwmkGWMWkvzRYDMy3GJbId