1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
johndej
johndej Dork
1/16/22 6:54 p.m.

Snow day ramen.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
1/16/22 8:13 p.m.

Poor man's tuna melt. Sweet and spicy tuna packet on a hamburger roll with melted muenster cheese.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/20/22 3:30 p.m.

from scratch German chocolate cake for thing 1S birthday tomorrow

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/20/22 9:36 p.m.

Oooh looking good sir...

BKO5
BKO5 New Reader
1/24/22 10:17 a.m.

Colombian Epanada's

johndej
johndej Dork
1/29/22 6:25 p.m.

Snow day french onion soup

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/30/22 10:57 a.m.

Snow day Chili Rellenos.  

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/30/22 5:05 p.m.

Went for dinner the other night and our appetizer came to the table like this. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/6/22 8:42 a.m.

Winter dinner woes: "What do you want for dinner?"  Whatever you want.  "You decide, I'll make it".  No, that's OK.

Rats.  Had a half or 3/4 lb ground beef, browned it, added a can of drained black beans and some taco seasoning; let 'er simmer a bit.  Put some Won Ton wrappers in a buttered mini cupcake tin and scoop in meat, almost to the top.  Add shreaded cheese and bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes, pull when the wraps are brown and the meat is bubbly.

Place  on a serving dish and top with finely diced avocado, Pico de Gallo and a dollop of sour cream.  Next time I would add a very thin slice of eaw Jalapeno.

I understand there's a big sporting event coming to a Sunday near you, these would be fun.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
2/9/22 10:43 p.m.

Bought a couple whole pork loins.

Sliced them double cut, I can butterfly, stuff, or pound them out from there.

Tonight, they got stuffed with home made dirty rice, sous vide at 135* for 5+ hours, then grilled for service.

I stuffed the leftover dirty rice into sausage casing, sous vide, then grilled.

Simple, but not too bad for a week day.

stroker
stroker UberDork
2/10/22 5:59 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Those look like something in which I could eat half my body weight...  I'd  have gone with Queso instead of Guacamole, though...

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/10/22 6:42 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Thanks for the idea. Looks like my weekend snacks.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/11/22 8:53 a.m.

Didn't have any Queso.   =~ (

I've done the Won-Ton thing before but filled them with a crab and shrimp mix.  Also pretty good!

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 2:12 p.m.

Wonderful flavor and painful levels of heat together in a single package. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/22 2:15 p.m.

Was going through some thumb drives and found this one. No finished product pictures but I am sure it was good.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/28/22 8:14 a.m.

Squash Medley.

Peel a butternut squash, cut into 1" cubes.  Bake on an oiled sheet pan at 400* until they are not so hard (but not soft.  In a cast iron pan, add 3 Tblsp butter and some Pecans, brown the nuts.  Add the squash, two apples cut into cubes, brown sugat or maple syrup; some nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.  Saute'

Hmm..  just thought of dried cranberries.

stroker
stroker UberDork
2/28/22 12:40 p.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

Wonderful flavor and painful levels of heat together in a single package. 

recipe, please?

RevRico
3/12/22 7:12 p.m.

deep dish pizzas tonight. I want to make some changes, but came out well. Cast iron on the left, spring pan on the right.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/18/22 8:20 a.m.

Chambord French Toast

Break 5 eggs in a bowl.  Add a dozen raspberries, break them up a bit; a pinch of salt and 1/4 cup heavy cream and 2 1/2 Tblsp of Chambord (raspberry liquer.

Beat these together, even put it in a blender, the more air you incorporate the fluffier.

Cut the crust off a Baquette, then slice it in 2 or 3 slices depending on the size of the bread.  You want 3/4" slices,  then cut to a french toast length.

Put the bread on a sheet pan, pour the egg over 20 minutes before cooking.  Flip the once in a while.

Break out te flat top and brown the bread on both sides.

Garnish with butter and raspberries.

johndej
johndej Dork
3/20/22 11:45 a.m.

Discount corned beef = DYI pastrami for the F1 race 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
3/20/22 12:34 p.m.

Scratch made corned beef.

Brisket flat brined for 11 days then braised for 6 hours at 215*

I was happy with my 1st attempt.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
3/20/22 12:35 p.m.

This morning's breakfast.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/20/22 12:50 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

What was your recipe? What changes do you want to make?

RevRico
3/20/22 1:34 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

this was the dough recipe. It was tough and hard to work with. Tasty, but too chewy. I might not have let it warm up enough after fridge time the night belle. I have enough made for 2 more pizzas in the freezer so I'll try it again with more warm up time. 

I used the sauce from this video. In yesterday's experiment I follow his dough recipe as well. I still need to tweak the sauce a little more but I'm very happy with it as a whole.

it came out thin, crispy, and just right for me. This slice is from the spring form pan, hence the extra edge. 

For me, I think the sauce needs more garlic and maybe some brown sugar in addition to the white, for a bit more sweet. Just something to take the edge off the grease

I could also change that with my sausage mix though most likely. I don't make my own as I have great local butchers, but they have lots of options, almost too many.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/20/22 2:23 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to mtn :

this was the dough recipe. It was tough and hard to work with. Tasty, but too chewy. I might not have let it warm up enough after fridge time the night belle. I have enough made for 2 more pizzas in the freezer so I'll try it again with more warm up time. 

I used the sauce from this video. In yesterday's experiment I follow his dough recipe as well. I still need to tweak the sauce a little more but I'm very happy with it as a whole.

it came out thin, crispy, and just right for me. This slice is from the spring form pan, hence the extra edge. 

For me, I think the sauce needs more garlic and maybe some brown sugar in addition to the white, for a bit more sweet. Just something to take the edge off the grease

I could also change that with my sausage mix though most likely. I don't make my own as I have great local butchers, but they have lots of options, almost too many.

Try replacing 1/4 cup of flour with cornmeal. Also, put slices of mozzarella on the edges of the pan before putting the dough in. You get that burnt carmelized cheese as a crust. It is awesome. 

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XE1ICs1btn2Ts0u7v33PXHpUtjcBfOYMVzX2mzWXbqQHQQYnW3BNfhA4qV4QHo87