1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
6/22/22 4:52 p.m.

I'd sliced a pork loin into butterflied chops and had the end pieces left, so I hammered them out for sammiches.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
6/29/22 9:18 p.m.

NY Strip and Brussels.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/22 9:39 p.m.

America's Test Kitchen 10 minute* pasta

yumame
yumame
7/12/22 1:07 p.m.
nlevine (Forum Supporter) said:

On the subject of circular-form-factor seafood, here are some waffled crab cakes (with homemade tartar sauce)

Recipe from Skinnytaste. Kind of fun to cook in the waffle iron.

Let me have this dessert. I made it with 3 ingredients: egg white, cocoa and flour. There is no sugar in the cake. It is both simple and practical. The taste was very good, if anyone wants, I can give a recipe.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
7/31/22 5:07 p.m.

Cheese steaks on the Blackstone.

Bargain bin round roast sliced thin with peppers, onions and American cheese.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
7/31/22 8:39 p.m.

Shrimp etouffee

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
7/31/22 8:40 p.m.

Chili with cilantro lime sauce 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/22 6:37 p.m.

Hello delicious.
You just sit there for now, I got plans for you.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/20/22 8:22 p.m.

I forgot to take pictures but I took some rice made in the cooker, tuna packet, insert guac, shredded cheese and poblano jalapeno hot sauce and mix all together in bowl. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/22 9:13 p.m.

Cooked some pork ribs this morning and they were taking too long, so I saved them for tonight. Cooked some fresh tomatoes, and put them in there, then added a can of crushed tomatoes and made some pasta. Came out great. 

Slippery
8/28/22 5:58 p.m.

I have a bunch of these ribs in the freezer, so I made another batch for later on and decided to cook some provolone. 

I made two. One has sausage and cherry tomatoes and the other just cherry tomatoes. 

Slippery
8/28/22 6:02 p.m.

Also pickled some onions. Not sure what I'll do with these but its always good to have around and easy to make. Added red pepper at the last minute, not sure how it will work out, we'll see. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/2/22 8:06 a.m.

Salmon BLT.

In a bowl, mix up:

1/4 cup Moyo

1 clove Garlic, finely diced

1 Tblsp lemon juice

1/8 tsp Cayenne & 1/8 tsp Paprika. 

Chill, this goes on the top piece of Chibatta bread.

Toast the bread.  Plain Mayo on the bottom slice, then lettuce (I used Romaine) crispy bacon and then sliced tomatoes.  Grill Salmon at medium heat in olive oil, flip once.  Salt & Pepper to taste.

This goes on top of the tomatoes and then the top slice with the Mayo concoction.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
9/17/22 4:30 p.m.

I made a batch of bacon and saved the last inch or so after slicing the rest.

I cubed it, made some bourbon and brown sugar glaze, marinated them for a day.

Then, on the grill over hickory chunks, brushing them with the rest of the glaze.

Made some great appetizers and a tasty lunch the next day.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/24/22 8:28 a.m.

Hurricane Fiona blew in some cold air backed by high winds yesterday, good day for Chili and cone bread.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/24/22 8:44 a.m.

double cooked pork belly. Sous vide for 8 hours followed by fat cap in oil for 10 minutes. I need to get the oil hotter. 

pecan pie brownies I made for the wife's birthday. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/1/22 1:13 p.m.

Mini Chicken Pot Pie.

In a large bowl, mix together:

1 cup cooked chicken, 3/8" cubes

10-12oz. Frozen mixed veggies

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

Grease or oil a cupcake tin.  Remove Grands original biscuits from the tube and roll each one to about 5" diameter.  Center one over each hole and push to the bottom.  Fill the cup with about1/3 cup of the mix.  If you rolled them big enough, you can almost cover the top, I didn't.

Bake at 375* for about 15 minutes, keep an eye on them they burn fast.  Try 350 - 365*.  They're very good.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/1/22 9:50 p.m.

Have been craving Sonora Dogs for a bit.  Bacon wrapped dogs with all the fixings!

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/20/22 6:47 p.m.

Had a taste for some Japanese Katsu Curry on a cold Cincy day.

RevRico
11/23/22 11:39 a.m.

ham, left, still has a ways to go. The Turkey is pulled and resting. 

Tomorrow morning, oven to temp, then into my triple crockpot to stay warm. 

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
11/23/22 12:00 p.m.

ImageStuffed mushrooms.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/23/22 12:08 p.m.
Slippery said:

I have a bunch of these ribs in the freezer, so I made another batch for later on and decided to cook some provolone. 

I made two. One has sausage and cherry tomatoes and the other just cherry tomatoes. 

I need that Provologne with tomatoes in my life.  Please talk me thru that one as it is going to happen in the very near future at my place and into my belly.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/23/22 12:22 p.m.

Excited to be getting started on Thanksgiving goodness!  Ella helped me with the Pecan Pie.  Waiting for Haydon to get home to help with the Pumpkin.  Turkey is happily brining awaiting tomorrow.  Putting together a nice smoked salmon munchie board as well.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/23/22 12:22 p.m.

Cranberry  Sauce.

RevRico
11/23/22 1:27 p.m.

ham is done. Not bad, 7 hours most with a ambient temp in the 30s.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZP2CWQRqAw74NhyXlC2GzJnlEsLfgJCCVCJ4KW9dWcPN5DNmoSGiXH3vjC1MUhtc