1 2 3
Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
10/1/09 11:11 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclJW9v2dLU

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
10/1/09 11:43 a.m.

In reply to Rusty_Rabbit84: For clarity I'm adding that these comments are aimed at the people in the video, not Wusty_the Wascaly_wabbit

OK we all speed from time to time and when we get caught take your medicine.

Running from the Cops is a dumb idea, I've never done it but know people who have and (luckily in my mind) failed - BTW they had to sell the car to pay the fine.

Running from the Cops and getting away with it is dumb luck, don't push it A-hole

Running from the Cops, zig zaging through traffic at god knows what speed, getting away with it them posting your bragging story on YouTube…….Please tell me they've just incriminated themselves and can now be prosecuted up the zing zang. I hate that level of arrogance, I want at least the driver behind bars and the car auctioned off. Even better if he doesn't own the car and now has to pay the owner back.

Arrogant bastard.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
10/1/09 11:49 a.m.

Eh. If you know the penalties for felony evasion (not counting reckless driving and any other traffic charges you accumulate during your pursuit, not to mention the original offense) and you chose to run you are certainly taking your chances. Felony evasion carries a minimum sentence of a year in prison.
Police have radios, helicopters, airplanes, unmarked cars, etc.

Having said that, like all other crimes, its not illegal till you get caught.

These guys are obviously in some sort of race or something, to have all the support and etc that they have in place. And quite honestly, I don't know how fast they were traveling in the first place, but if youre going 100 MPH plus its likely youre gonna be arrested and charged with reckless endangerment or other crimes anyway. Not a felony, but still pretty serious.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
10/1/09 11:50 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: In reply to Rusty_Rabbit84: OK we all speed from time to time and when we get caught take your medicine. Running from the Cops is a dumb idea, I've never done it but know people who have and (luckily in my mind) failed - BTW they had to sell the car to pay the fine. Running from the Cops and getting away with it is dumb luck, don't push it A-hole Running from the Cops, zig zaging through traffic at god knows what speed, getting away with it them posting your bragging story on YouTube…….Please tell me they've just incriminated themselves and can now be prosecuted up the zing zang. I hate that level of arrogance, I want at least the driver behind bars and the car auctioned off. Even better if he doesn't own the car and now has to pay the owner back. Arrogant bastard.

i definately dont encourage running from the police, ive never done it and never will... i dont know if your comment was directed at me or the video

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
10/1/09 11:56 a.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote: i definately dont encourage running from the police, ive never done it and never will... i dont know if your comment was directed at me or the video

Sorry, the video not you, I didn't mean to indicate you at all. I don't blame you at all. I'll edit my post to make that more clear.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
10/1/09 12:58 p.m.
Please tell me they've just incriminated themselves and can now be prosecuted up the zing zang

Well, went to the website that's flashed at the end of the video. There's a "meet the super speeders" page with a little bio for this douchenozzle:

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
10/1/09 1:22 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Please tell me they've just incriminated themselves and can now be prosecuted up the zing zang
Well, went to the website that's flashed at the end of the video. There's a "meet the super speeders" page with a little bio for this douchenozzle:
douchepacket said: Rob enjoys catching himself doing really stupid things on camera. Rob has been doing reckless things with cars as long as he can remember, and filming the results. He can be usually found behind the wheel of his heavily modified 2003 Corvette that makes well over 800 horsepower. When it's not disassembled on the floor of the garage, that is. The rest of the time, he's doing foolish things with his friends in the hottest, fastest Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the streets.
NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
10/1/09 1:50 p.m.

On two occasions in my life I've been caught speeding by LEOs going the opposite direction on the same road. Both times, they were certain I was going to run, and I'm pretty sure I could have evaded them, but I could never live with that, so I pulled over at the next side road and parked on the shoulder. By the time they got turned around and came tear-assing after me, I would be parked and standing by the car. The fact that I had a clear head start and a quicker car, but didn't capitalize on it seemed to garner some degree of respect with them, and I got off with warnings both times.

We've all heard the old saying: You can outrun the cop car, but you'll never outrun that Motorola radio.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/09 1:50 p.m.

Why not go to the track? If you want to drive fast just get on a closed course. I'm guess I'm old. I don't see the point....

Doc_1
Doc_1 New Reader
10/1/09 1:58 p.m.

Sad very sad

WilD
WilD Reader
10/1/09 2:03 p.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
douchepacket said: Rob enjoys catching himself doing really stupid things on camera. Rob has been doing reckless things with cars as long as he can remember, and filming the results. He can be usually found behind the wheel of his heavily modified 2003 Corvette that makes well over 800 horsepower. When it's not disassembled on the floor of the garage, that is. The rest of the time, he's doing foolish things with his friends in the hottest, fastest Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the streets.

His parents must be so proud of the way he uses his allowance.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/1/09 2:09 p.m.

WilD, I was thinking the same thing.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/09 2:24 p.m.

Same here. That smacks of spoiled rich kid antics.

Travis_K
Travis_K HalfDork
10/1/09 2:49 p.m.

From listening to the conversation in the video, I think the whole thing may have been a setup. You never see any cops, then toward the end they say the cop was after someone else anyway. Still stupid though.

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
10/1/09 4:35 p.m.

Dumbass... He'll be the next one you read about killing someone else making his berkeleying superspeeder bull E36 M3 movies. That wasn't even exciting to watch at all... My guess is he isn't on track because he has no balls.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
10/1/09 5:01 p.m.

I dunno, he didnt really do anything more dangerous than talking on a cell phone, doing your makeup, eating a donut, or whatever, and he kept the stupid cops from raking in more dough for shooting fish in a barrel. Maybe if more people ran and made it harder they would do more real police work.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
10/1/09 5:31 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:

President of the Nick Hogan Fan Club?

tick-tock.......

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
10/1/09 6:33 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: From listening to the conversation in the video, I think the whole thing may have been a setup. You never see any cops, then toward the end they say the cop was after someone else anyway. Still stupid though.

You actually do see the cop off to the left at the beginning of the video when the radar detector starts going crazy. Only spot though. They didn't use a very good hiding spot either, seemed pretty open to me.

That's a good way to make it so that you can't drive your car on the streets ever again. It's not exactly a low profile car.

924guy
924guy Dork
10/1/09 6:44 p.m.
JFX001 wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
President of the Nick Hogan Fan Club? tick-tock.......

that site is missing the OBIT tab....

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/1/09 7:04 p.m.

Yeah, that's a V1 and it's saying LASER tag. I know the sound well. I couldn't really tell what was going on with the radio. Was the cop following? And you know that cops have CB's also, if that's what that was, so they can listen in and hear what exit he's taking too.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/1/09 7:05 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: Same here. That smacks of spoiled rich kid antics.

Definitely.

I mean, it was exciting to watch, but all that would be ruined if they killed someone during their "fun".

High speed stuff like that makes way more sense on a deserted freeway at 4AM--and even then it's silly.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
10/1/09 7:35 p.m.

Dumbasses like that think they got away because they're such good drivers. What they don't realize is that police will often terminate a chase because it's too dangerous to bystanders to continue it.

Running from the cops makes you a dumbass

Running from the cops in an area where there are potentially innocent people makes you a jackass

erasmus229
erasmus229 New Reader
10/1/09 7:46 p.m.

I often listen to the cops on my HAM, I know how to drive and yet I always pullover. Hmmm, some of us were just raised better. After I began racing the other knuckleheads on the road actually began to scare me a lot more. In regards to Lt. Douchebag, he's the reason I believe we need fines based on someones income and assets like Germany so rich weenies can get fined enough so it hurts and poor schmoes don't have to drive with no insurance to get to work. Rant over.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
10/1/09 8:51 p.m.

wow...with all that being said...

Damn that car sounds great! i little more at heavy throttle and speed would have made the video better

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
10/1/09 9:11 p.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: wow...with all that being said... Damn that car sounds great! i little more at heavy throttle and speed would have made the video better

Isn't it about time for you to be posting about looking for another car????

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qxaRVnACmUiMSrnBenJuQ31hhvuQ9uAODWoop6gSSKDiiewF6g8YFKBFsmL0twen