1 2 3
audifan
audifan New Reader
10/1/09 9:30 p.m.

I know exactly where this took place I have half a mind to turn this into the state troopers (incidentally the state police barracks they are speaking of are only about another 600 yards down the road they got off on on the opposite side of the road from the "motorcycle dealership" they pulled into to "hide"
I know that road very well and certainly were they did could support some very high speeds. But to do this on public roads is prehaps some of the STUPIDEST driving I have ever seen.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
10/1/09 9:44 p.m.

Fun to watch in a fake cartoon boobs kind of way. Once you realize what you're looking at, you feel gross inside.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/09 10:00 p.m.
audifan wrote: I know exactly where this took place I have half a mind to turn this into the state troopers (incidentally the state police barracks they are speaking of are only about another 600 yards down the road they got off on on the opposite side of the road from the "motorcycle dealership" they pulled into to "hide"

do it, these morons need busted

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
10/1/09 10:25 p.m.
JFX001 wrote:
CarKid1989 wrote: wow...with all that being said... Damn that car sounds great! i little more at heavy throttle and speed would have made the video better
Isn't it about time for you to be posting about looking for another car????

Yeah...good point. Back to business.

Anyone have any cheap cars or bikes for me? I need something cool and cheap!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/09 12:57 a.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: I need something cool and cheap!

Enjoy!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
10/2/09 7:38 a.m.

The guy is a douche for 2 reasons. First, he's a douche for running. Second, he's a douche for being a little Bob Costas about it. If you're gonna run, run dammit. Don't do only 100 while asking your douchebag passenger for advice. Bury the berkeleying throttle and get it on.

audifan
audifan New Reader
10/2/09 9:38 a.m.

he he he somebody is gonna get a visit..............

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
10/2/09 9:46 a.m.

i think he runs that Supercar rental shop where that guy rented that Muricelago and killed himself in it...

http://aussieexotics.com/2009/06/21/fatal-lamborghini-crash-philadelphia-usa

audifan
audifan New Reader
10/2/09 10:09 a.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote: i think he runs that Supercar rental shop where that guy rented that Muricelago and killed himself in it... http://aussieexotics.com/2009/06/21/fatal-lamborghini-crash-philadelphia-usa

that would appear to be him

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/2/09 11:13 a.m.
audifan wrote: he he he somebody is gonna get a visit..............

It will be interesting to hear if something actually comes from this. Even though the video shows evidence of several laws being broken, it might be hard to prove who was driving in a court of law.

Please keep us posted, if you learn of the outcome.

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
10/2/09 11:43 a.m.

Lame.

1) Video is not interesting enough to brag about. 2) Car is not cool enough to outweigh the fact they weren't really using it. 3) Driving a fast looking red car is asking for it.

Personally I support the idea that cops shouldn't pursue over a given speed and should rely more on eyes in the sky. Just by pursuing the officer was putting everyone else on that road at risk. The driver pulling into a motorcycle shop in the open is a good example that ground pursuit doesn't always work. Had he used a helicopter the rich-douche would be in jail and we wouldn't have this discussion.

Speed to me is all a matter of opinion. I'm sure many of us on this board have traveled over the speed limit on a public road, and even big name car mags talk about how modern luxury cars "can cruise above the speed limits comfortably."

Doing stupid stuff in traffic is stupid no matter what speed. My respect for this guy is lower not because he ran, but because he was driving like an idiot. No different than the dude on the motorcycle in another thread.

audifan
audifan New Reader
10/2/09 10:37 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
audifan wrote: he he he somebody is gonna get a visit..............
It will be interesting to hear if something actually comes from this. Even though the video shows evidence of several laws being broken, it might be hard to prove who was driving in a court of law. Please keep us posted, if you learn of the outcome.

yeah but the only problem is that the tool box has his own reflection in the rear view mirror and I bet if pressed the owner of that "dealership" they hid in will give up the Ford GT cause I am sure the parent company would frown upon a performance like that being tied to there name.

audifan
audifan New Reader
10/2/09 10:42 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Lame. 1) Video is not interesting enough to brag about. 2) Car is not cool enough to outweigh the fact they weren't really using it. 3) Driving a fast looking red car is asking for it. Personally I support the idea that cops shouldn't pursue over a given speed and should rely more on eyes in the sky. Just by pursuing the officer was putting everyone else on that road at risk. The driver pulling into a motorcycle shop in the open is a good example that ground pursuit doesn't always work. Had he used a helicopter the rich-douche would be in jail and we wouldn't have this discussion. Speed to me is all a matter of opinion. I'm sure many of us on this board have traveled over the speed limit on a public road, and even big name car mags talk about how modern luxury cars "can cruise above the speed limits comfortably." Doing stupid stuff in traffic is stupid no matter what speed. My respect for this guy is lower not because he ran, but because he was driving like an idiot. No different than the dude on the motorcycle in another thread.

I totally agree with you on the stupid aspect of this person. doing it in traffic in broad daylight is pretty foolish, the endangerment of the rest of the people on the road is the question I mean does any one really think that the mommy in the ford excursion who is on a good day barely paying attention to traffic around her will not be startled by a red GT blasting by @ 140+ MPH. As it is she cant even control her kids let alone her 6000lb truck @ 70mph in an evasive maneuver. to bad someone did not push him into an uncomfortable position that would have made me smile.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/2/09 10:55 p.m.

While I would not want to see anybody hurt due to his idiocy.. we should keep an eye on him, he might make a potential darwin awards winner

daytonaer
daytonaer Reader
10/3/09 9:52 a.m.

youtube is sooo cool!

LeMans 1969

audifan
audifan New Reader
10/4/09 8:55 p.m.

well it would appear that he will not "pay the piper" on these antics but based on what is on his youtube page he seems to like this particular stretch of highway. And as most of us already know the LEO's and state'ies are severely "out equipmented" if you will. although they were very suprised to hear that there were other eyes on them other than the ones in the Ford GT. I inquired as to "eyes in the sky" and the answer was that by the time the chopper gets over the chase it is already over usually.
I personally (being in the car business) would love the chance to supply the troopers with a vehicle that is capable of being a rather large thorn in the side of people like this guy, better yet give them a car that run down all but the fastest stuff out there. for less than 50K$$ Do you guys think it is do-able I have a few larger cars in mind that can deliver the power needed to do this, and have the ability thru aftermarket equipment to equip the car with brakes and suspension to match the thrust the car is capable of.

I am looking for ideas

Luke
Luke Dork
10/4/09 10:09 p.m.
daytonaer wrote: youtube is sooo cool! LeMans 1969

Now that's how you drive a GT(40)!

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/4/09 10:54 p.m.
daytonaer wrote: youtube is sooo cool! LeMans 1969

Here's a GANGSTA related clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-J4Jydnkc

Those cars were ridiculous.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/4/09 11:04 p.m.

That clip is awesome! It's like the car fell over and jumped back up.

keethrax
keethrax Reader
10/5/09 11:47 a.m.
PHeller wrote: Personally I support the idea that cops shouldn't pursue over a given speed and should rely more on eyes in the sky. Just by pursuing the officer was putting everyone else on that road at risk.

I don't buy the reduced pursuits = safer. Not in practice anyhow. Though a big enough quantity of air support mike make it more "correct" that level of air support doesn't exist (nor would I want it to)

The driver pulling into a motorcycle shop in the open is a good example that ground pursuit doesn't always work.

???

So if something doesn't' work every time, it's bad?

Had he used a helicopter the rich-douche would be in jail and we wouldn't have this discussion.

1) How many helicopters would that take?

2) would not pursuing reduce the danger? I'm not convinced. It might make individual instances safer, but I suspect knowing the cops aren't likely to pursue increases the # of incidents. "if I go XXX the cops can't chase me..."

So if the (admittedly simplified):

total danger = number of incidents x average danger/incident

Reducing chases bumps one factor down, and one up. Makes it pretty tough to call.

I've aware of a few studies where police have implemented various forms of no chase rules, and the data is all over the map. None of thee ones I'm aware of them have a big enough/consistent enough data set to be useful. But this dates back more than a few years when I was talking to a cop buddy where they were changing policies. Perhaps there's better stuff out there now.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/09 1:55 p.m.
audifan wrote: I am looking for ideas

Supercharge a few of the Statie's P71's for OMG surprise to the idiots who think they are stock.

Or get an 05/06 GTO with a flat 04 hood in black for ultimate stealth/speed. 400HP and 6 gears to run it through will catch 99% of whatever they want to run with.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/5/09 1:56 p.m.
audifan wrote: I personally (being in the car business) would love the chance to supply the troopers with a vehicle that is capable of being a rather large thorn in the side of people like this guy, better yet give them a car that run down all but the fastest stuff out there. for less than 50K$$ Do you guys think it is do-able I have a few larger cars in mind that can deliver the power needed to do this, and have the ability thru aftermarket equipment to equip the car with brakes and suspension to match the thrust the car is capable of. I am looking for ideas

Rather than something that can outrun them, I think a better idea is something that would blend in well enough and keep up long enough to get a positive ID to aid prosecution. I think the perfect car would be a silver/gray V6 Accord or Camry. Just have them cruise down the freeway at 70mph and keep an eye out for speeders.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/5/09 2:40 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Rather than something that can outrun them, I think a better idea is something that would blend in well enough and keep up long enough to get a positive ID to aid prosecution. I think the perfect car would be a silver/gray V6 Accord or Camry. Just have them cruise down the freeway at 70mph and keep an eye out for speeders.

this...

I saw a V6 Accord, hidden lights, silver in color with someone pulled over on Rt. 100. Pure evil.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/09 3:28 p.m.

I would never run from the cops unless I was absolutely sure that:

1. The cops did not get a good look at my car - even if you ignore the fact that the cops probably have a pic of my car on the bulletin board in the closest station all they need is a license plate number.

2. I could get away from the pursuing vehicle and hide. Generally a given as long as they don't bring the bikes out.

3. And most importantly, that the punishment would be life-endingly bad. Otherwise it's better to just fess up and not bring a berkeleyton of additional charges onto yourself. Caribbean prison is bad, mmkay?

donalson
donalson SuperDork
10/5/09 4:45 p.m.

dumb thing... but side note... comming home around 9 on fri or sat I noticed a cop parked in a turning lane with all his lights off... its at the bottom of a hill where cars natrualy speed up a little even with cruise (have to brake to slow down)... thought that was kind of an arsehole thing to do... not to mention unsafe with very limited lighting in the area... but i'm sure he collected a decent pay check for the PD that night....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bkPO9tpROHTZqhbXYCQd6omZJ0qHKDA2YR1uHWqLrbBvGfe4DJ6qETPDWtmm1TiF