aircooled MegaDork
5/6/16 10:15 p.m.

Someone posted some pics to Reddit:

More:

http://imgur.com/a/yKm4V

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/7/16 10:12 a.m.

We can smell the smoke from the fire in Minneapolis today.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/7/16 11:50 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Those pictures sure make one worried about lots of deaths. Geez.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/7/16 12:31 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: We can smell the smoke from the fire in Minneapolis today.

Second time in the last year canada berkeleyed with mn sky. I remember last summer.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
5/7/16 1:30 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to aircooled: Those pictures sure make one worried about lots of deaths. Geez.

No deaths, or even significant injuries. Remember, you are dealing with a city where almost everyone works in a potentially dangerous blue collar environment, and they all have taken neverending training on how not to die at work...

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/7/16 2:16 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
alfadriver wrote: In reply to aircooled: Those pictures sure make one worried about lots of deaths. Geez.
No deaths, or even significant injuries. Remember, you are dealing with a city where almost everyone works in a potentially dangerous blue collar environment, and they all have taken neverending training on how not to die at work...

Only deaths reported are two in a car crash from trying to escape, and i saw two poor clown fish burn over some guys security cam.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
5/7/16 5:34 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Id be curious to see the tar sands vs fracing comparison because as little as i know, theres not much comventional drilling in the states anymore.

Sorry to derail, its a damn shame all these people are losing their homes

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
5/7/16 7:27 p.m.

In reply to chiodos:

Neither of them are good, but at least I can't recall anywhere that has been evacuated due to oil sands extraction yet.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
5/7/16 11:09 p.m.
chiodos wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: Id be curious to see the tar sands vs fracing comparison because as little as i know, theres not much comventional drilling in the states anymore. Sorry to derail, its a damn shame all these people are losing their homes

Conventional drilling has declined relative to 20 years ago but don't believe that tar sands and other difficult methods are the only way we are getting oil these days. Plenty of good old drilling still happening.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wAoSDdKRKZcjuo6PGLgeDCHOojaFFXamOPBm4vkiYQ4OxIvuaXR8JwmO0DFbYAZ0