1 2 3
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/9/20 3:22 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Nooo, cooking bacon a couple mornings a week is part of my new routine. I loves it so.

And then you can save all the lovely bacon fat to cook with!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/9/20 3:28 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

Nooo, cooking bacon a couple mornings a week is part of my new routine. I loves it so.

Oh, I do ;)

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
4/9/20 3:39 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:

I used to go to the gym (really). Now I'm walking in circles around my house, doing push ups in the bedroom, using a few gallon paint cans filled with dirt as a dumb bell, doing squats using a log from a tree and using the pull up bar in the hallway. 

I believe this is the plot of Rocky IV.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/9/20 3:45 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

The amount of bacon grease we've amassed in the last couple weeks is bordering "worrisome"

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/9/20 3:47 p.m.

Don't worry about washing the Cilantro.  You are putting it into your stomach, where the acid will nicely kill all the cooties.  Eat your burrito with a beer alongside, and that will wash the few cooties remaining in your mouth down to your stomach, where...

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/9/20 3:48 p.m.

Did you know that you can freeze bacon fat? I use an old ice cube tray - fill it, freeze it, then pop the cubes in a zip loc bag for later use. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/20 3:49 p.m.

Before the pandemic I used to go buy all sorts of weird junk from total weirdos on Craigslist.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/20 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Me too but I found some good deals so I'm venturing out to risk it on Saturday. 

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/9/20 4:00 p.m.
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) said:

Did you know that you can freeze bacon fat? I use an old ice cube tray - fill it, freeze it, then pop the cubes in a zip loc bag for later use. 

Just try and resist putting popsicle sticks in those OK?  I'm starting to worry about y'alls.  LOL.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/20 4:05 p.m.

All this talk about bacon. Just came into the house from the office and find my 11 year old daughter in the kitchen creating some dish with bacon and bambi. She muttered something in French when I asked what it's going to be. 

Im a proud daddy. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/9/20 4:47 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
z31maniac said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

Oh, I do ;)

I think we already have a full mason jar of the stuff in the fridge!

Peabody here
Peabody here UltimaDork
4/9/20 4:49 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Dissolve the brown sugar in maple syrup, then spread it on with a brush and cook in the oven.

Mrs. P used to spread bacon fat on rye bread

Streetwiseguy said:

cooties. 

That word never left my vocabulary from when I was a kid, but I'm using it a lot more these days

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/9/20 4:54 p.m.

I used to get my hair cut. Now I'm sporting a Rick Astley-esque "do," with a bit more ear-over. So in sympathy to my longish hair I decided to stop shaving a few weeks ago. And now I'm well on my way to Stampie-like facial hair (not that I could ever achieve that, but it's an aspiration). It's fun!

A catchy tune

daeman
daeman Dork
4/9/20 5:47 p.m.
nderwater said:

P.S. -- How the heck do you disinfect cilantro without cooking it?

Grow it? Fresh cilantro on demand 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/20 6:37 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

You can do that if you cook it in the oven. I pour it into a jar & keep it in the fridge.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/9/20 7:03 p.m.

I used to get fast food or takeout because I was lazy. Now I do it to be an upstanding citizen that supports local businesses in a time of crisis! cheeky

I used to have to be careful when getting the mail because of spiders in the mailbox. Now it's because of the virus...AND spiders in the mailbox! angry

I used to think I didn't have enough free time for things. Now I realize, I just didn't feel like doing those things. laugh

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
4/9/20 7:25 p.m.

can you put the bacon fat in the butter mold that looks like a pig :)

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/9/20 7:38 p.m.
slowbird said:

I used to think I didn't have enough free time for things. Now I realize, I just didn't feel like doing those things. laugh

Hey me too!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/10/20 2:46 a.m.

Remember when you could touch your face? 

I miss touching my face. sad

Peanut butter. I used to eat toast with peanut butter (crunchy, natürlich) every morning before heading out to teach, but ever since schools have been shut down, I've completely given up the habit. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/20 10:25 a.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said: I enjoy poking the cilantro bear whenever this comes up since, to me, it ruins anything it touches.

It's touched you, hasn't it? HASN'T IT? laugh

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/10/20 10:37 a.m.

I used to dress in a plastic costume with other nerds and entertain kids (and adults).  Now we're doing virtual video greetings to sick kids and assorted kid's birthdays.  Better than nothing.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/10/20 11:41 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
Powar (Forum Supporter) said: I enjoy poking the cilantro bear whenever this comes up since, to me, it ruins anything it touches.

It's touched you, hasn't it? HASN'T IT? laugh

Thanks for the laugh. Well-played.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/20 12:07 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Remember when you could touch your face? 

I miss touching my face. sad

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/10/20 3:19 p.m.

As a teenager we would sneak over to our friends houses at night and throw dozens of rolls of toilet paper in there trees. Just for fun.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IbLca93ZQe4Z0RdXgMUjVPI9jxui8WpBg3RfLidgxNEqIXhTUJXSpiOwBrLARRwv