Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/7/20 10:34 p.m.

Wife drug me to IKEA to find something the dog could use to get up on the bed with us.  While there I found some delightful little things that I thought would be a great help in and around the garage.  Thought I'd share them in case anyone else might find them useful.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/7/20 11:00 p.m.

You need to check out The Container Store if there is one near you. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/7/20 11:13 p.m.

Source milk crates.  Small enough to put in nooks and crannies just about anywhere in the garage. I've got mine abovethe garage door.  Can't overload them and they are small enough to not block the lights. Also make excellent stackable storage containers. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 1:45 a.m.

Did you find anything for the dog? Ollie crashed pretty hard the other day trying to jump up so I should be looking for something to. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/8/20 7:21 a.m.

I have one of those Raskog carts shown in the first picture, it's pretty sturdy and well made.  

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 7:25 a.m.

The second happiest day of my life was the day Jake decided he was too old to make the jump up into my bed.  Unfortunately, even at 14, he still has enough hops to get onto the kitchen chairs and in turn the table. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 8:14 a.m.

I don't think Ollie's going to stop until he gets really hurt. He's been limping for a few days and that hasn't deterred him. I figure I'm better off giving in at this point. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/8/20 8:58 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

I have one of those Raskog carts shown in the first picture, it's pretty sturdy and well made.  

I’ve got the same.  Makes a great tool/parts cart.  They also sell little bins that hang off the side that are great for storing wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 9:12 a.m.

Every time I go to IKEA, I always hit the as-is section first.  Scratch n dent, display items, a couch with a missing foot, big slabs of birch butcher block, melamine panels.... DIY heaven.

For a long time I had a Varde island cabinet with two big stainless drawers as my garage workbench.

See the source image

Mr_Asa
8/8/20 9:57 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Did you find anything for the dog? Ollie crashed pretty hard the other day trying to jump up so I should be looking for something to. 

Found an ottoman. About 2'×3'×18"

Bottom half acts as storage and the cushion is fairly firm allowing it to be a sitting place or jumping point for the dog.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ektorp-ottoman-lofallet-beige-s19129121/

Mr_Asa
8/8/20 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Same with the as-is.  Picked up some nice light fixtures. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/8/20 10:05 a.m.

Did you find a doggie ramp?  Son's got two tiny dogs and a very high king size bed.  ~$50.

Mr_Asa
8/8/20 10:12 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Nah, Luna is 65ish pounds, I don't know that she'd know what to do with little steps.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/20 10:16 a.m.

Ikea is very much about organization and space efficiency, prefect for garage utilization. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/20 12:15 p.m.

the nearest ikea is in Philly on Deleware ave.  It's just far enough away that I do not get the urge to go there often.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
baKtOnLnxbBnbfEv9ub9rqfTxDLQIhmsTz7GsZRldhe7TKunhw92X4htQG4Gb2ZX