1 2
rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
9/14/12 2:14 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea3RAkGqYC8

Although once they got going, I started getting a little seasick watching it.

NSFAW (Not safe for ALL work, some very scantily clad ladies on the video)

-Rob

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/14/12 2:20 p.m.

I could watch that for hours lol... the stars are nice

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
9/14/12 2:28 p.m.

Dirty hippies never looked so good

I can't until I have no responsibilities or a job so that I may go to Burning Man someday.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/14/12 2:28 p.m.

Thank God for GoPro!!

and Hoola Hoops.

and a lack of men in that video.

What a cool idea.

Sorry ladies.

imirk
imirk HalfDork
9/14/12 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Great, now I have a mental image of a woolly mamoth man hoola hooping...

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/14/12 2:54 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: I can't until I have no responsibilities or a job so that I may go to Burning Man someday.

There are these things called "vacations" and some people - even those with jobs! - can occasionally take them. Crazy, I know. ;-)

Holy hell there were some cuties in that video. Not my mental image of the average Burning Man attendee, honestly. The video was awesome too, even without the cuties.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
9/14/12 4:06 p.m.

Scantily-clad ladies aside, that's a neat video. GoPro FTMFW.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/14/12 4:14 p.m.

That was awesome. I don't care about burning man at ALL... but I suddenly REALLY like hula hoops.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
9/14/12 4:19 p.m.

Most excellent indeed.

Approved.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
9/14/12 4:20 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Vacations? Most of my paid leave is used for sick days, supplementing bad paychecks (hooray for commision based pay), or to cover for many of the 180 days that the kids aren't in school

So yes, work and responsibilities really get in the way of partying for a week in the middle of a desert.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
9/14/12 4:21 p.m.

I made fun of this event but I might enjoy driving around a flat desert in one of these giant contraptions......

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
9/14/12 4:22 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: So yes, work and responsibilities really get in the way........

I totally agree; my job really cuts into my personal life.....

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
9/14/12 6:04 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: In reply to dculberson: Vacations? Most of my paid leave is used for sick days, supplementing bad paychecks (hooray for commision based pay), or to cover for many of the 180 days that the kids aren't in school So yes, work and responsibilities really get in the way of partying for a week in the middle of a desert.

You said the "K" word. (kids) I can imagine that complicates things a lot. The wife and I are still putting that off.. pretty much for that reason. We were able to take 3 weeks off (in a row!) last year and go to New Zealand. A week in the desert would be easy peasy compared to that. But a cat's a lot easier to board than a kid.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
9/14/12 6:13 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Now you're just bragging

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/14/12 6:44 p.m.

Hahaha nice vid, moar! Some of those girls have real talent with the camera-hoop

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/12 6:56 p.m.

I had no idea the Hoop actually rotated that little when going around their bodies..

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/14/12 7:29 p.m.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for a cleverly placed camera. That was very cool.

I hope they washed the hoop at some point, though.

jg

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/14/12 7:37 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Hahaha nice vid, moar! Some of those girls have real talent with the camera-hoop

Yes, they are pretty, but it actually does take a lot of ability to do some of those moves. Here's another girl who is really good at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5K8iafiPBw

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
9/14/12 7:54 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I had no idea the Hoop actually rotated that little when going around their bodies..

It's the same principle of a Wankel

And I suddenly have a desire to go to Burning Man...

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/14/12 8:21 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I had no idea the Hoop actually rotated that little when going around their bodies..

I was thinking the same thing at first. The I thought about how a hula goes around a person. That was pretty cool.

Oh, and boobies!

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/14/12 8:26 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Hahaha nice vid, moar! Some of those girls have real talent with the camera-hoop
Yes, they are pretty, but it actually does take a lot of ability to do some of those moves. Here's another girl who is really good at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5K8iafiPBw

the bar has just been raised from girls on trampolines to girls with hula hoops

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/14/12 8:30 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Yes, they are pretty, but it actually does take a lot of ability to do some of those moves. Here's another girl who is really good at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5K8iafiPBw
the bar has just been raised from girls on trampolines to girls with hula hoops

The move I was the most surprised by was around the 0:49 mark where she ducked her head out of the way and rotated the hoop around her right shoulder.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/14/12 8:43 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDJiOQy4OKE&feature=related

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/12 10:20 p.m.

One of those gals is someone I date. I won't out her by saying which one, but her name is Christine and I'm so proud of her.

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
9/15/12 5:54 a.m.

I wonder if it normally rotates more, but the weight of the camera keeps it from rotating in this case?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tHCfIvClvnGwb1o7SSkfGuqK0wIE1ddlDCwzaMvrXF5bj344xAFqUKFgTbYun8MA