neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/16/08 10:08 p.m.

It's time to do the sterio in my '98 neon. I have a freebie CD head unit, a kenwwod kdc-116s specs and i want to replace all 4 speakers, 6.5 in the door and 6x9 on the rear deck. I remember something about RMS raiting is more important than peak watts. I just want to find decent basic speakers that match up well.

Also, install tips on the head unit and speakers, please. I know I need a $10 spacer kit, but what else?

Thanx

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
11/16/08 10:28 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Also, install tips on the head unit and speakers, please. I know I need a $10 spacer kit, but what else? Thanx

If the stock harness hasn't already been buchered by a PO, purchase the adaptor connectors from Best Buy or the like. It'll make installation so much easier and only cost a few bucks. In the end, you can easily revert back to the stock radio if need be.

I hate nothing more than having to work on a radio harness where somone has cut off the connectors and wired the aftermarket stereo's harness directly.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/17/08 12:28 p.m.

it looks like the PO tried something with the speakers, but the glorious casset head unit is still intack, so that gives me some hope.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xw4oqvPtdrNjf7zixmIntpPpX7Oilrg3D6r1PFftij6lTk4vSA41qUYSAiVRnIVV