neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/16/08 10:08 p.m.

It's time to do the sterio in my '98 neon. I have a freebie CD head unit, a kenwwod kdc-116s specs and i want to replace all 4 speakers, 6.5 in the door and 6x9 on the rear deck. I remember something about RMS raiting is more important than peak watts. I just want to find decent basic speakers that match up well.

Also, install tips on the head unit and speakers, please. I know I need a $10 spacer kit, but what else?

Thanx

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
11/16/08 10:28 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Also, install tips on the head unit and speakers, please. I know I need a $10 spacer kit, but what else? Thanx

If the stock harness hasn't already been buchered by a PO, purchase the adaptor connectors from Best Buy or the like. It'll make installation so much easier and only cost a few bucks. In the end, you can easily revert back to the stock radio if need be.

I hate nothing more than having to work on a radio harness where somone has cut off the connectors and wired the aftermarket stereo's harness directly.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/17/08 12:28 p.m.

it looks like the PO tried something with the speakers, but the glorious casset head unit is still intack, so that gives me some hope.

Our Preferred Partners
mPnPynwFVAkgw2ECo8Q2dIBbuqhACk40JI180huwoaN0bfwf1jwlxg4t3hDqAcK4