1 2
stroker
stroker Reader
10/2/10 9:29 a.m.

I'm still stuck on Warcraft II. Wish I could figure out how to use the scenario designer.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/10 11:24 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: You only need the actual copy of GTL CD in the machine when you install the plugin for rFactor. The GTL folks at Simbin coded the plugin (its really professional) so they had to ensure you bought it. I picked up a copy for $7 off Amazon but there are less scrupulous ways to get there if you can't legally obtain one.

Na, that's OK - I'm a software developer and happy to pay for other developer's work, especially when it turns out that you can get said work for less than 10 bucks. In fact, the discs are sitting on my desk - they've arrived today and I'm just downloading the mod.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In any case - when you get it installed, also install the real feel steering rack plugin & then ping me. I'll add you to our winter racing league emails. Its only at about 5 people and they only show up every other time but... its still pretty awesome anyway. I just add sim cars to fill the grid. EDIT: Also, I have good setup info in case you aren't a regular rFactor user... it needs a little tweaking to make the handling pop and reading all manuals will take you a long time.

I'm still starting out - so far I've mainly used it to learn tracks in the UK before going there on a track day. I'm not a hardcore gamer/sim driver so help is generally appreciated.

Anyway, I should have everything set up by the weekend...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M9oyquFkUoyDjC1xlF7YmFPZssAoLhcvrlVhdiIGRc2mRQRuuJWBTGxIhmTCdC0f