1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52
skierd
skierd SuperDork
4/16/15 12:46 p.m.

Last model shoot of the semester, caught while changing locations at the UAF Botanical Gardens.

Reflector

skierd
skierd SuperDork
5/26/15 2:27 p.m.

Little flare from the Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 m42 lens I've been using recently, on my K-30

And chasing long dog down the road

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/15 3:52 p.m.

I have been playing with capturing motion at the Autocross.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/19/15 2:19 p.m.

Taken one evening with an old Droid Charge. For such an old phone, I'm impressed with how well it came out.

corsepervita
corsepervita New Reader
6/19/15 2:41 p.m.

Oh a photography thread! (I hope astrophotography is welcome here?) My color calibration is off but I was happy with the clarity. This is my second attempt at the horsehead nebula. Acquisition details:

• 10x180sec lights (ISO1600)
  • 11 darks
  • 13 bias
  • Telescope: Astrotech 72mm f/6 Doublet
  • Guidescope: Orion 50mm guidescope and starshoot using PHD
  • Mount: Celestron CG-5GT
  • Camera: Canon T1i/Baader Glass
  • Stacked in DSS
  • Processed in pixinsight
  • Processing workflow: screen transfer, dynamic crop, dynamic background extraction, background neutralization, color calibration, histogram transformation, luminance extraction with LRGB combination for more luminance, range selection mask, curves transformation (worked more with saturation and luminance this time around), local histogram equalization (mild settings).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/19/15 3:08 p.m.

Me likey.

So, are you saying that red color is actually there, or is it being drawn out / shifted from something else? (a lot of NASA photos use color enhancement I believe)

corsepervita
corsepervita New Reader
6/19/15 3:14 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Me likey. So, are you saying that red color is actually there, or is it being drawn out / shifted from something else? (a lot of NASA photos use color enhancement I believe)

The true color is a red, almost pink color, and the nebulosity around the stars is more blue. As you can see, everything is heavy on the red in mine. I'm still learning the post processing software I got some time ago and color calibration is still one of my biggest hurdles. My photos turn out with way more red than necessary due to the H-Alpha filter modification I've done to my camera. Generally with some things I can compensate/calibrate, but there's an algorithm to do so with certain types of stars, which I don't really understand yet. Plenty to still learn. There's also a different way to do it by taking photos with RGB filters, which I haven't purchased yet since they tend to be spendy.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
6/22/16 6:34 p.m.

Bumping due to new honey bee content. Took this with my galaxy note 5

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/22/16 7:50 p.m.

Cool bee. It's pretty remarkable the sort of resolution phone cameras are capable of these days.

Mine is from Lime Rock last month. 70-year old Leica, film developed in homebrew instant coffee developer.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
6/24/16 10:18 p.m.

photo 62 126  S a_zpso7cjpavp.jpg

Big Bend Open Road Race 2016 Taken with a Nikon Coolpix L330, with lots of zoom.

slowride
slowride HalfDork
6/30/16 9:26 a.m.

Lombard

I bought an old Minolta film camera at a garage sale. While I was examining it, I determined that it had a roll of film in it already, so I went ahead and finished up the roll (turned out to be Tri-X). This is one of the shots I took.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
6/30/16 10:45 a.m.
02Pilot wrote: Cool bee. It's pretty remarkable the sort of resolution phone cameras are capable of these days. Mine is from Lime Rock last month. 70-year old Leica, film developed in homebrew instant coffee developer.

Wow. There's photos and there's art.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/30/16 12:16 p.m.
Kylini wrote:
02Pilot wrote: Cool bee. It's pretty remarkable the sort of resolution phone cameras are capable of these days. Mine is from Lime Rock last month. 70-year old Leica, film developed in homebrew instant coffee developer.
Wow. There's photos and there's art.

Thanks - I'm glad you like it. I shot and printed a few from that day in a similar high-contrast style. Here's a couple more:

DanielCut
DanielCut Reader
6/30/16 12:32 p.m.

I always forget about this thread. Here's a couple shots from a Track Night at NOLA and a local autocross event.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/1/16 3:17 a.m.

ive been shooting a lot over the last year, glad this thread is back.

My daughter at 7 months

MT Healy and the Nenana River

skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/1/16 3:20 a.m.

And the Mountain, of course

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/16 8:31 a.m.

A bee from the Rose Garden at the FDR Library.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/8/16 12:21 a.m.

goseatonio
goseatonio New Reader
7/9/16 3:25 p.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/16 3:33 p.m.

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
7/9/16 4:39 p.m.

I wouldn't even call myself a photographer, I just take pictures occasionally and try to be artsy on even fewer occasions. I took this one with a Galaxy S3 Mini on a gloomy day then probably made it worse in Paint.NET. One of my favorite things I've taken though.

wannacruise
wannacruise New Reader
7/11/16 8:36 a.m.

Since I'm not that computer literate, I can't seem to get a photo posted. I see the camera icon and it says to type in the URL but my picture is just on a file in my computer, how do I use or create a URL? Thanks.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
7/11/16 8:41 a.m.

In reply to wannacruise:

go to imgur.com and follow the instructions.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
7/11/16 9:04 p.m.

photo 9610AED7-3815-4CA1-B9E4-F8FA0DFF2D35_zpskrixge8a.jpg

skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/11/16 9:07 p.m.

Mountain Spine along the Stampede Road, Denali National Park

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hEvIPahbs9G8wsNZPOLiew15uHJrrwx6w5xbCBlTDgiKhckBNIdFpmMK87s3UA3U