1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
8/5/20 8:54 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

I love old Chevy trucks. Find a trailer and have it towing a race car.

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
8/5/20 9:20 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

Yeah testors still has some cheap starter packs. Download that hobby lobby coupon and its real cheap!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/5/20 9:37 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Oh dang, if I knew what that's you were building, I could have tossed this in the box too. It's a Jeep tailgate of some kind, from a kit I used to have, and it has the lettering on it. Some damage on the corner but it could be fixed probably. Lemme know if you can get some use out of it.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

As Strong Bad once said when his traditional Monday email session was delayed until Thursday: "Boy, is it ever Monday!" laugh

In reply to solfly :

I have these decals from the Torino kit. I'm going to use the 1's and 3's, and maybe one of the names, but I don't need the whole thing. Lemme know if any of this fits with your Mustang idea.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/6/20 7:19 a.m.

That is a CJ-7 tailgate, probably from a Monogram kit. Wouldn't fit my CJ-5 and has the wrong font besides. But thank you for thinking of me. smiley

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 7:54 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Short track decals:  https://sites.google.com/view/polecatdecals/home

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:23 a.m.
Snowdoggie said:

In reply to solfly :

I love old Chevy trucks. Find a trailer and have it towing a race car.

you might be onto something there

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:27 a.m.
ZackM said:

In reply to solfly :

Yeah testors still has some cheap starter packs. Download that hobby lobby coupon and its real cheap!

Thanks, we don't have a hobby lobby that I know of but I'll check Amazon/EBay.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:28 a.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to ddavidv :

In reply to solfly :

I have these decals from the Torino kit. I'm going to use the 1's and 3's, and maybe one of the names, but I don't need the whole thing. Lemme know if any of this fits with your Mustang idea.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I can use them soon 

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 9:31 a.m.

scalemates says the Mustang kit is from 1994, the Cuda is from 1991 and the truck is from 98.

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
8/6/20 10:27 a.m.

Finished up the interior for the most part last night. Just got to go over some of the details again on the fire bottle and the corners of the roll bar etc to clean them up. 

That shifter decal was by the far the smallest I have ever installed so far haha. Quite tricky to get on there as it wanted to stick to the tweezers better than the knob, but I got it on there. 

Zack

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/20 10:55 a.m.

In reply to ZackM :

Clean!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/6/20 11:46 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Saron81 :

That is a good kit.

Let's hope it looks more like an actual car than that illustration does.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 12:38 p.m.

where would one buy a set of race car wheels and maybe a roll bar/cage?

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
8/6/20 1:28 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

What are you looking for specifically? Someone here might have something you could use. 

8/6/20 1:33 p.m.
solfly said:

My parts box for free fiddy. Can you be more specific on what you are looking for? I have options!

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
8/6/20 1:33 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks for pronouncing my name correctly in the video, lol! 

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 2:22 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:
solfly said:

My parts box for free fiddy. Can you be more specific on what you are looking for? I have options!

I think I'm going for something of this ilk:

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/6/20 2:23 p.m.

That asterix can come on up off of there.

We're throwing in $20 in GRM Store Gift Cards for each of the three class winners, plus $50 in GRM Store Gift Cards for the overall winner. 

Just remember not to sniff all the glue before you finish your build.

8/6/20 4:04 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

That asterix can come on up off of there.

We're throwing in $20 in GRM Store Gift Cards for each of the three class winners, plus $50 in GRM Store Gift Cards for the overall winner. 

Just remember not to sniff all the glue before you finish your build.

Do you see that fellas?!? We have official sponsorship with prizes!

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
8/6/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

Plastic Performance Products makes some really nice racing parts. Here's a few samples:

Roll cage

Slotted wheels

70s Nascar tires

Dirt tires

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/6/20 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Woo hoo!

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/6/20 6:20 p.m.
slowbird said:

In reply to solfly :

Plastic Performance Products makes some really nice racing parts. Here's a few samples:

Roll cage

Slotted wheels

70s Nascar tires

Dirt tires

Thanks!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/7/20 6:20 a.m.

Jeep parts are all in primer. No turning back now. smiley I've ruined the collectability! I got Slowbird's truck steering wheel yesterday. It may be a bit big but I'll give it a go. I found some skinny off road tires in the parts box to replace the silly oversize Tonka ones that look like they will fit the wheels. It's interesting that model cars seem to all have the same wheel diameter no matter the size of tire, LOL.

I'm glad we have a full month this time. I have two broken motorcycles in the garage to be fixed and am going to look at another one tomorrow.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
8/7/20 7:42 a.m.
ddavidv said:

I found some skinny off road tires in the parts box to replace the silly oversize Tonka ones that look like they will fit the wheels. It's interesting that model cars seem to all have the same wheel diameter no matter the size of tire, LOL.

Onr of my biggest pet peeves with American models through the 2000s... they could NOT make a proper sized low profile tire (which made it near impossible to get the right stance.)

ZackM
ZackM New Reader
8/7/20 10:40 a.m.

Decals are on! Pic taken just after the Micro-sol, so they got some bubbles and stuff but they looked all good this morning!

I wanted to put windows in before decals for obvious reasons, so I am probably not going to go with spray clear and try the ol' floor polish again. 

Zack

1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5ej5Q0WEhiRPqxKmxiXbh8NHiKl7f52UzX6Hd684xygU2yiwVFVw9NrPgE9uqTCz