1 2 3 ... 43
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 9:50 a.m.

Okay people, I am starting this league, but I will need some help. I have only been playing forza for about a week now, so I have no idea how to start something like this. Anyone have ideas?

I am tired of a bunch of people saying "hey, let's start this", and then doing nothing.

First order of business. Designing the specification of the car. I think we should all stick to a spec and just race different tracks. What car does everyone want to use?

Second order of business. What day should we participate? Is everyone pretty open on Saturdays?

FLASH FORWARD EDIT- Click Here to go to the Unofficial GRM Forza League info page.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
2/25/10 10:25 a.m.

KIA RIO!! oh wait, they dont have those...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 11:01 a.m.

Chevy Aveo. It could be fun.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/25/10 11:16 a.m.

Saturdays/Sundays are good. For a spec car - doesn't matter a ton - other than I'm slow, so pick something that looks good from behind

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
2/25/10 12:20 p.m.

Being that this is the GRM board it should be a tweaked out miata, E30, or P71...

skruffy
skruffy Dork
2/25/10 12:39 p.m.

I'm down for this, but only if it's truly triple awesome. My vote is for something RWD and slow, since when you play online with the unwashed masses it's all cars with 1000hp and whatnot. That and it's more of a drivers race with slow cars, IMO.

skruffy42 on XBL. I'm usually available on Saturdays, but with the new kid I can't always play.

The e36 M3, bone stock, would make a great spec series IMO. It's quick enough and handles well enough stock to be fun. Running stock cars also eliminates the penalty for those of us that don't wish to spend entire weekends tweaking the suspension on a virtual car to get it just right.

As for tracks, Maple valley is one of my favorites (I'm super bummed it's not a real track) so we must run there , along with whatever else you guys feel like running.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/25/10 12:41 p.m.

I so need an Xbox

leigerreign
leigerreign New Reader
2/25/10 12:46 p.m.

I vote for the Mitsubishi GTO (surprise)

But I would race anything you all decide on....E36, Miata, etc. Im free weeknights and most saturdays.

Also, we could do an FXX challenge day or something. Thats a real drivers race.

Or perhaps we could do a Spec Lotus Exige?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 12:51 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I so need an Xbox

John, I got a refurb from Gamestop with a 2 year warranty. You might have good luck finding one on CL. Look for a black one (an Elite), they tend to be better with the RROD problem.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
2/25/10 1:14 p.m.
Skruffy said: Running stock cars also eliminates the penalty for those of us that don't wish to spend entire weekends tweaking the suspension on a virtual car to get it just right.

If somebody loads the spec configuration to their storefront for people to download, it also eliminates the tweaking of the suspension. When I get home this evening I will look at the limits we can impose on the car configuration.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 1:36 p.m.

Okay, the decision has been made (arbitrarily...by me) that we will be running Spec ITR, and the first installment will run this Saturday at 8PM eastern time (is that cool with everyone?)

everyone get your friend requests in to bcbrownell on XBL, and we will try to get it started this weekend.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 1:36 p.m.

sorry for the short notice, get your "sponsors" and liveries figured out quick!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 1:58 p.m.

here is the "spec".

1. Race Tire Compound
  2. Aftermarket rim of your choosing
  3. +1 rims front and back (16")
  4. "sport" level weight reduction
  5. paint, and liveries are open (the more creative the better)
  6. EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK

What can everyone commit to? 2-3 races per weekend?

how many race weekends should we do? enough that if someone misses a weekend, it won't be devastating to the results.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 1:59 p.m.

here is the "spec".

1. Race Tire Compound
  2. Aftermarket rim of your choosing
  3. +1 rims front and back (16")
  4. "sport" level weight reduction
  5. paint, and liveries are open (the more creative the better)
  6. EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK

What can everyone commit to? 2-3 races per weekend?

how many race weekends should we do? enough that if someone misses a weekend, it won't be devastating to the results.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 2:00 p.m.

oops, double post!

It is double important!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 2:09 p.m.

oh, points system follows F1 2009.

10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/25/10 2:31 p.m.

Why go spec car? RRAX.com does it with a point limit on the cars and it works well.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
2/25/10 2:34 p.m.

For a start, the spec is simple, we can get more creative later. I will do my best to be there Saturday.

What track are we racing?

We should force off the driving assists too.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/25/10 2:51 p.m.

I'm in, I'll start building my car now.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
2/25/10 2:54 p.m.

damn, our Xbox is still in the box while construction continues in our office. Looks like i will have to sit this out

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/25/10 3:11 p.m.

Guess I better try out the ITR and figure out this clutch button thing

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/25/10 3:14 p.m.

I'm going to really, really try to clear some schedule space to be in on this also. I'll use Scott Lear's livery; I made his car a while back. It's only a couple stickers, so it was wicked easy to duplicate.

My gamertag is GRM Tom, in case anybody wants to add me. Be forewarned, though, that my kids use my XBL account more than me so don't get mad if it looks like I'm ignoring you.

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
2/25/10 3:40 p.m.

What time are you racing? I'll build and set-up my car.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 3:57 p.m.
Maroon92 said: the first installment will run this Saturday at 8PM eastern time (is that cool with everyone?)
captainzib
captainzib HalfDork
2/25/10 4:36 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Guess I better try out the ITR and figure out this clutch button thing

In case you haven't noticed this yet, also a matter of personal preference, there's an option to swap the clutch button with the hand brake button. I find it A LOT easier to down shift/up shift with just my thumb, if the A button is used for clutch. Just FYI.

1 2 3 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uFDKkexg1reVCTnV3bqdeRgh2dyh637ZhXOGN7IykTK0bb2rj1CuKHtHJIrs8J4N