1 2 3 4 5 6
curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/22/09 12:14 p.m.

Here's my little rockabilly girl. I don't have any photos of her working on a car, but I do have some old photos of her at a car wash... but they'd get deleted

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/22/09 12:30 p.m.
Wally wrote: Looks like she's selling used rotors on late night tv.

Yeah, I'm expecting to see Billy Mays screaming at me while standing next to her. lol

"ROTOR RESTORE WILL FIX THAT WORN OUT ROTOR IN MINUTES OR I'LL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK!!!11!!1!"

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/22/09 9:59 p.m.

I think that one is going to end up on a club trophy :-)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/22/09 10:00 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I think that one is going to end up on a club trophy :-)

Good place for it. So, a Dakota? Do tell!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/09 10:06 p.m.

Curtis, I didn't realize that was really you in your avie.

Leslie, I am ready to stab Billy Mays in the eye if he makes an appearance.

ww
ww Dork
3/22/09 10:29 p.m.

Billy Mays = EVIL

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/22/09 10:30 p.m.

Thanks Mojo :)

Friedgreencorrado, you ain't never heard of the Mighty Dak?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17380&id=515956307&l=a61118693c

ww
ww Dork
3/22/09 11:04 p.m.
Keith wrote: ww, the toolbox is made by Grip-On-Tools. Googling "Grip Rolling Tool Box" will get you a few folks who (used to?) sell them. It's a good piece. Where did I get it? From Janel, the girl at the start of this thread!

I realize I'm a month late getting back to this topic, but here's one that's virtually identical but they claim it's imported from Germany:

http://www.drivingcomfort.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2329

And it's listed as 22" L x 11" W x 9" H which is a little smaller than what the Grip-On Rolling Tool Box is listed at: 25" L x 12" W x 13" H

If it weren't for the "claimed" dimensions, I'd say it's absolutely identical to the Grip-On...

Thoughts?

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/09 12:38 a.m.

I'll have to measure mine, but yeah. It's a dead ringer for the Grip-On.

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
3/23/09 12:53 a.m.

this one time my girl had to help me jack the front end of my E30 to change a flat:

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
3/23/09 5:13 p.m.

My girlfriend does most regular maintenance on her car, bugs me constantly about when the next autocross is, and lists a CRX or a Miata as the car she wants when her POS Lebaron dies. Oh, and our first date (not hanging out at each other's houses or whatever) was to an autocross. And she helped collect cones when the event was over

Here are she and I in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on vacation last summer. If I look a bit silly it's because we had done a tour of the Red Hook Brewery not two hours before, and I had another 3 beers with dinner.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
3/24/09 12:03 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Thanks Mojo :) Friedgreencorrado, you ain't never heard of the Mighty Dak? http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17380&id=515956307&l=a61118693c

WOW! I can't believe I missed this over on the Readers' Rides.

Please tell me you had the heads fluxed before you spent all that time installing the roller rockers..

And ya gotta tell me what it's like to run Mosport. I've seen that place on TV since I was a kid, but it's quite the trip from the Southern US..

mtn
mtn Dork
3/24/09 12:07 a.m.
problemaddict wrote: this one time my girl had to help me jack the front end of my E30 to change a flat:

I have seen that pic countless times, and the only thing I think about is wondering if its a 318 or 325.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/09 12:17 a.m.

Don't the 325s have fog lights in the air dam?

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/24/09 1:22 a.m.

Well... I had the second set of heads fluxed. Learned the hard way :)

Mosport is awesome. I've only taken the truck on the driver development track, but I've driven the big track several times in other vehicles. It's not a track you'd take for granted...it's very humbling, particularly turn 2, where you could be launched into the tree tops if you're not paying attention.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
3/24/09 4:15 a.m.

I know its not really easy to tell, but thats Kara strapping in for an instructor run. I have no idea who that guy with the huge orange helmet is.

Somewhere I have a picture of Kara under the car taking the "baby teeth" tie-down hoops out of the front grille, but its not on my laptop or my Flickr.

At least shes always smiling when riding shotgun:

cwh
cwh Dork
3/24/09 8:26 a.m.

Re: Mosport. We ran a race there in the 80's. Beautiful experience. I drove the semi from Boca Raton. LOONG drive. Ron Fellows co-drove our car. Drove the owner insane because he was so fast. This was early in his career, nobody knew about him yet, but he was already very good. Had moosemeat stew at the Brass Rail Pub. Good memories.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/24/09 10:27 a.m.

Ron is a class act, I've done artwork for him.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/24/09 3:32 p.m.
Wowak wrote:

What a beautiful Miata. It looks pristine!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/24/09 6:55 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Wowak wrote:

My, what beautiful Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212s you have!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
3/24/09 7:35 p.m.

I dont have any pictures, but shortly after we started dating my girlfriend came over and helped me with my car.

I was in the middle of a total revamp of my Mustangs front suspension (CCplates, bushings, struts, swaybar upgrade) and had it totally apart because the LCA's had to go to a machine shop to get the new bushings pressed in (didnt want to screw them up they can bend if your not careful).

Well, the parts came back and it was time to put it all back together. Not only was she game to help, but she also got in there and knew not only what a torque wrench WAS, but how to use one!

Needless to say, we have been together for a year and a half now. She tags along to autocrosses and has a good time. (I dont think I will get her to drive though because she has had spinal fusion surgery)

wherethefmi
wherethefmi Reader
3/24/09 8:19 p.m.

She won't work on a car to save her life, but she supports my habit

Wowak
Wowak Dork
3/25/09 3:54 a.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Wowak wrote:

That was probably about a month after the repaint, but it still looks almost that good. Has a white hard-dog deuce now instead of the stylebar, too.

This is what it looked like when she bought it in 05:

Some work with the buffer and some vinyl stripes and she cleaned up nice:

Oh and Kara cleans up nice too:

But there were alot of little dings and dents, including a pretty sizable one in the drivers rear quarter panel, that led Kara to save her pennies for a full repaint (including painting on the stripes and 3 coats of clear.)

Oh and I found the picture that proves Kara isn't afraid to get dirty:

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
3/25/09 6:43 a.m.
Wowak wrote: But there were alot of little dings and dents, including a pretty sizable one in the drivers rear quarter panel

If she hears you talking about her butt like that you'll have a pretty sizable one in your forehead.

914Driver
914Driver Dork
3/25/09 7:25 a.m.

But the outfit matches the paint, +3 pts.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pQmdGhH6WGv50o6TEb5j9HJat9X8jsFCOZxdvAK1mjFXHK5012jKGxWluSbCKSv1