Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/4/20 4:53 p.m.

Awesome stuff so far!

Still waiting here. cheeky

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
1/4/20 5:42 p.m.

Hoping Royal Oak, MI has received a box o' love.....   

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
1/4/20 5:48 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Sounds like me... Been out of town, driving home now - 6 hours to go!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/4/20 6:25 p.m.

I had a magic box show up today.  I only had a couple minutes to look at it when it came, so I'll need to dig in deeper tomorrow. 

First off, the box itself was great!

I don't know what I am going to do with the box, but I don't think I can get rid of it either. 

Swag was top notch too.  Porsche 917, City turbo, RX-7, and a Panamera Hot wheels. Dots Pretzels, some raw honey with strawberry. Then the garage junk/treasure... 10" saw blade and a Volvo hub cap that have the makings of a future battle bot. Whistles, pocket chains, pocket levels, and a keychain multi tool. Add in some raw materials, bolts, sheets of metal, stir sticks...

Man. It's a good box. 

Oh, and stickers and buttons. 

How did my stalker know we were heading to Disney World this summer?!?!?!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/20 6:31 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Lucky guess? 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/20 7:26 p.m.
BradLTL said:

First off, the box itself was great!

blah, blah, blah...

I don't know what I am going to do with the box, but I don't think I can get rid of it either.

blah, blah, blah...

Man. It's a good box. 

It's not a Flat Rate Box so, per game rules, you need to discard it immediately.

Woody said: (12/31/2017)

Ordinarily, this would have been the odds-on favorite for the coveted GRM Box of the Year award. Unfortunately, the rules clearly state "in a Flat Rate Box", which of course, this is not. The judges had no choice but to disqualify you from the competition. Sorry dude...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/20 8:11 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

That one IS a flat rate box though. I triple checked. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/4/20 8:25 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Woody :

That one IS a flat rate box though. I triple checked. 

Yup. The fourth picture (with the stylized GRM) has 'Large Flat Rate Box' visible through the artwork.

Woody
1/4/20 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Gah!!

<-- hangs head in shame.

Woody
1/4/20 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

My apologies.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/4/20 8:49 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Ha!  That Volvo hubcap rears its head yet another year!  I think this is it's 2nd regifting, plus the original time I sent it.  I'm tickled it's making its rounds.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/20 8:51 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Ha!  That Volvo hubcap rears its head yet another year!  I think this is it's 2nd regifting, plus the original time I sent it.  I'm tickled it's making its rounds.

You sent me two. I took a bunch of the stainless hardware and a drill bit and made one a clock last year. This is the OTHER one. At least I think there's only two. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
1/4/20 8:56 p.m.
Mndsm said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to BradLTL :

You sent me two. I took a bunch of the stainless hardware and a drill bit and made one a clock last year. This is the OTHER one. At least I think there's only two. 

Look for that clock next year.  I wasn't ready to let it go yet.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/20 1:52 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Hungary Bill :

Recipes printed and saved for next weekend. Too much going on this weekend and the child doesn't do spicy. 

Good news is I just checked and my box cleared customs again, so it might actually get to you soon. 

I do have to ask though, what is "Magyar" or what does it translate to? It seems be to on everything from food and booze to mail. 

Magyar (mah-jar) means Hungarian.  Much like Deutchland to "Germany", Hungary is actually "Magyarorszag".  No idea how they got "Hungary" out of that laugh

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/5/20 8:03 a.m.

Maybe because the first immigrants who came to the US from there were desperately in need of food, and that was the only English word they knew?  laugh

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/5/20 10:03 a.m.
Hungary Bill said:
RevRico said:

Recipes printed and saved for next weekend. Too much going on this weekend and the child doesn't do spicy. 

Good news is I just checked and my box cleared customs again, so it might actually get to you soon. 

I do have to ask though, what is "Magyar" or what does it translate to? It seems be to on everything from food and booze to mail. 

Magyar (mah-jar) means Hungarian.  Much like Deutchland to "Germany", Hungary is actually "Magyarorszag".  No idea how they got "Hungary" out of that laugh

Someone said " I'm not trying to pronounce that E36 M3. Your Christian name is Hungary ". Probably. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/5/20 10:46 a.m.

Officer :  majajajah what?  Where is that?

Hungarian:  close to Greece and Turkey.

Officer:  yeah, we're going to go ahead and call that Hungary.

Hungarian:  like starving?

Officer:  oh no, I put an "a" there in the middle, so it's different (snicker)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 5:58 p.m.
Hungary Bill said:

Officer :  majajajah what?  Where is that?

Hungarian:  close to Greece and Turkey.

Officer:  yeah, we're going to go ahead and call that Hungary.

Hungarian:  like starving?

Officer:  oh no, I put an "a" there in the middle, so it's different (snicker)

No doubt Vanilla Ice is a descendant of that Officer!

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
1/5/20 6:21 p.m.

Ok after a forced relocation here we are. The missus saw the rust and dirt falling out of the splits in the box and asked me to not open it in the house

I thought that was a bicycle tire at first but it seems to be a steering wheel cover

A small engine muffler, a couple nylon guitar strings, some valve cover gaskets and a brake rotor

A twist loc plug,  some splintered laser cut plywood bits (puzzle? Toy?), some bevel gears and a BMW coil, plastic fork

Some diecasts and a phone dial.

And a wire wheel hub and knockoff. If that is the MG/Triumph small spline I will turn it into an adapter to run those wheels on a dynamic balancer.

Thanks!

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
1/5/20 6:33 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls (Trent) :

I definitely should have cleaned some of that stuff up better before I packed it. My apologies. The gears are leftover spider gears from when the Dana 70 in my D350 decided to eat itself alive. The wooden pieces are indeed a partially complete lock model, I think all the pieces are there if you wanted to finish or just forget it like I did. I don't know anything about the hub because it's a regift from last year. The steering wheel cover was on my GTA when I got it. 

Woody
1/5/20 8:06 p.m.

I think that knockoff hub is the coolest thing I've seen so far this year!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 8:14 p.m.

FYI moxnix the condom is an advertising giveaway from PRI.  I'd never randomly mail someone a rubber, but I do make it a point to send PRI trip mementos which is where all the racing industry branded lip balms and hand sanitizers and keychains come from.  Also the coffee from my hotel room.  Coveralls were just washed.  

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
1/5/20 8:21 p.m.

Alright, after an overnight delay in getting home, found a box in my front porch! Top layer..

Hobbs & Shaw shirt (haven't had the chance to see it yet, really looking forward to it though), GRM Long-sleeve (nice - didn't have one!), and a had that fits well - I don't recognize the logo, though.

Lots more goodies to go! 

Another Hobbs & Shaw piece - this one looks like its from a car, super cool! A roll of masking tape, a bottle opener (need one for the garage, perfect), 2 jars worth of misc. sockets, and some more assorted hand tools.

GRM Coozie, Lock Lubricant, push-on light, Mickey mouse ears (sweet), cutting discs, allen wrenches, a small pocket knife, a small tape measure, and the harness is marked VDO. I'm embarassed to say I'm not sure what the two heavy/large items in the middle are - they look like press in ball joints, but don't seem to move and aren't threaded..

Last, an air filter and some brake pads! Will have to look into what they're for.

An awesome haul, and really nice to come home and find this on the porch. Thanks so much, Jfryjfry!! 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
1/5/20 8:55 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Super glad it made it in one piece.  As soon as I closed the package door and heard the "thunk" I remembered that I had not put more tape around the box as I had intended!

confession: several of those items were carryovers from last year's box.  I took some sockets and added some. Haha. Also, the balljoints....  we would have to review last year's box opening post where the sender described their application. 

most of that is pretty self-explanatory.   The hat is from 6 Underground.   I didn't work on it but a buddy did and gave me the hat.  The parking sensor and the harness are from a Range Rover that I rolled over on Hobbs and Shaw and that where the shirt came from.  

I tried to give away the pads and the air cleaner.  No takers. So I force-gave them away. Haha I think they're for a Tacoma but might be wrong 

very glad it didn't bust open en transit!

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X5BbcxeKOkCL0QIui4ZYQ9MN2xgYcLyzzmUGy5gPprRlWsoL2boJ0qAnWU42tgNI