1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/12/21 1:55 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:
Mezzanine said:
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) said:

Favorite tradition: seeing crap reappear year after year! The piston and con rod was at my house last year (I don't recall who I got it from, but I got it in the 2018 GRMNYG) and went to Gumby with some additions from me: the quarter bag and the big reamer (the big phallic looking thing with a morse taper on one end). 

Same here. 

The piston, drill chuck, roll of armstrong wrenches, fuses and hydraulic crimper adapters all came from me. Now they have been combined to add weight to yet another box. 

This makes me wonder if eventually there isn't going to be a meta box that just all maximum heavy E36 M3 from everyone and the box actually hits the limit. 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/12/21 3:54 p.m.

The box sent to me arrived yesterday - Still determining how I will open.  Unboxing pix will ensue afterwards!

My outbound box has not been sent yet. Hoping this weekend / Monday. 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/12/21 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter) :

That may be the one that arrived to me yesterday. I'm aware of at least 2 other Waynesboro participants though.....

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/21 4:14 p.m.

I have received my box! I don't recognize the name, but is came from Florida  and was adorned in pink duct tape. It was also awesome! 

I'll upload pics in the morning. 

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/21 4:40 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

That's me! Thank goodness it finally arrived!

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

Awesome! I like saving a few things to pass along the next year, and will probably keep regifting, so some of these may be continuing their journey next year!

In reply to Cadman5 :

I'm glad the Prancing Horse flag is appreciated. I inherited from a friend who left it behind in a shared workspace, and then we put up some pallet racking and no longer had room to display it. The gold anodized part is a coilover upper spring hat, and the black part is a vintage Toyota oil cap that says "Toyota" in Japanese on the top. Kudos to wvumtnbkr for correctly guessing on both.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
1/12/21 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

they do, but they've been canceling them because of some... worldwide plague. Maybe someday, if people can get over themselves and wear a damn mask we can do shows again.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 6:59 p.m.

Every day the mailman doesn't drop off a box, and every day i'm sad about that

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/21 7:35 p.m.

Allrighty, after a killer first few days of the week I arrived home to package with some awesome artwork, and not even destroyed by the postal service. This box will have to be saved and recycled for next year. My family was even so excited that they let me open it on the kitchen counter, in case there was something for them to grab I'm sure. This is going require some precision work to open it without damaging it. Let me get the Xacto knife.

Well the Xacto is not going to make any more progress on THAT. Better get the right tools.

Once the destruction was complete I had this:

• Some books, one on fishing tackle, one about the Fast & Furious movies, and an Ikea catalog (with genuine Ikea unused hardware included)
  • Bunches of stickers
  • Some miscellaneous hardware
  • A chip brush, headed straight to the mill
  • Markers (unverified potency)
  • A spool of 10-gauge wire
  • Zip-ties, who doesn’t need more of these, they hold my world together
  • Some potentially serviceable wrenches and an old hex key set
  • Bungee straps
  • A deployable and maybe even lighted magnifying glass (how did you know my eyes are getting worse with all the years?)
  • A few latex gloves
  • An oil cap
  • A horse shoe magnet
  • An eyeball vent
  • A 429 piston from Tunachucker
  • Some clips and cable wrangling devices (or maybe handcuffs in a pinch, with the zip-ties)
  • A used valve from a machine shop
  • Some air fresheners
  • 2 boxes of Ticonderoga #2 pencils (you can never have too many non-electronic marking devices)
  • A vintage flashlight (I should check to make sure there is nothing hiding in the battery compartment)
  • 5 matchbox cars (I now own a brown Porsche and a Viper!!)
  • Multiple colors of LED valve stem lights. These are destined to get snuck onto one of the cars at the wind tunnel to see how they handle 175mph
  • And last but not least a t-shirt from Poopshovel’s death metal band.

And just like that the year is renewed and time to start all over again. I should really start getting next year’s GRM box ready now.

Thanks to Ted, I have a few old friends and family down your way. I hope the boredom at work that led to this package was short-lived or a welcome break from too much work. There are some items that will definitely find a place in the garage, or in this same box for next year. I may even have to reuse/pile on to your encasement for the next victim…

Later, Steve.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/12/21 7:44 p.m.

I'm mildly surprised that survived. I suspected the box was going to demolish the box. 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/13/21 12:15 a.m.

A box arrived thanks internet stranger 176324.1

Someone may have done some research

More plates to add to the collection

And rust there was

• Hot Wheels
  • Weird T screwdriver
  • Kawaski owners manual
  • Magnetic grabber
  • Wheel cleaner
  • Valve grinding paste
  • J shaped pipe
  • Unknown eyeball figurine
  • Plastic container seems to have a die tap and some other items
  • O2 sensor with wiring
  • Rusty axe
  • Shotgun shell
  • Ford and Toyota keys
  • Unknown header with associated gaskets
  • Petrified Orange
  • Hot chocolate
  • And the source of all the rust. A very well used scissor jack

Thank you random internet stranger.

I know have more ideas on how to decorate my box for next year

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/13/21 12:22 a.m.

Something arrived from PA!

2nd year in a row how many of y'all live there?

Open sesame;

it's a major award!

The haul:

These first few items feel like they go together in some sort of marital aid set;

Santa hat for a furry friend 

Pack of quick links for chains

A bottle of lube for lubing, multipurpose. 

Bottle of hand sanitizer after you lube. 

2” single pulley swivel 

Safety goggles

Two wheel cylinders for Buick, Chevy and GMC

A set of bearings 

Ignition lock cylinder and key for GM vehicles 

LED camera key ring 

Norcold 600 series circuit board with switches for coldest and cold, gas, off and electric 

Another circuit board marked replacement 2-way with a storage and humidity setting

Chilton’s auto trans repair guide for 1974-1980 American cars. My teenage son thinks you're challenging our manliness by suggesting an option other than swapping in a manual when an auto trans fails  

2 actuators? Look like they would make cool robot arms to make punch something  

Fuse block 

Two oil seal for Dana30?

60 pin connectors from digikey 

Interesting patch harness with arched connector 

Some cool stickers, bulldog music label called victory records, couple of “I am pedal trash” hashtag stickers bmx? And a scratch labs knuckle tat sticker 

Hot wheels! Honda City Turbo II, NB RX7, Fairlady 2000 

Matchbox! Benz wagon, Austin Healy Roadster, Ford Ranchero (like my street) and a Nissan Junior (a what?)

And a black tab don’t know what it came from

Thank you Curtis! Great box, my son and I looked forward to this every year and it did not disappoint. I'm so happy I got to participate, I was super late to sign up and would have been mega bummed if I missed a year. And thanks again for organizing this Bill!

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
1/13/21 12:28 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

The tape did the job apparently. Good. The eyeball is a hot glue sculpture by my wife. The header fits a mailbox. That's a wideband sensor, unfortunately it took an oil bath when my wuhan-whirly spit a seal. Should be mostly complete 5/16 thread repair kit iirc. The orange was freshish when I sealed the box. Note to self: cardboard isn't ideal for storing food. 

#birdsarentreal. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/13/21 7:33 a.m.

heres a couple better pics of the box I did for the legendary stafford1500, as well as the sticker I made for the mouse. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/21 8:07 a.m.

Alright, here's my awesome haul from Shadeux!

First, the highly reinforced box. We think alike!

And the first look:

Getting everything all spread out we start with:

• License plates for the collection
  • GRM stickers and a patch. 
  • The black thing is an air filter or sorts.
  • The faceplate for a JVC headunit. 
    • This is ironic because I sent out a head unit missing the faceplate. lol

Moving on down we see:

• A bag of hotel soaps, etc. Kinda odd until you look closer and see that they are from Spring Mountain Motor Resourt and Country Club. That sounds cool.
  • A small toilet with farting putty. Classic. 
  • A sanding block.
  • "Big A** Lump of Coal" bar of soap. Funny, and smells pretty good!
  • Bloody Knickles hand repair balm. 

• Wire strippers/crimpers.
  • A jack pad which I suspect fits my little HF aluminum jack. 
  • Gold heat reflective tape. 
  • "Mommy Juice" cann coozie.

• Patch kit, I think for bicycle tires. 
  • Zip Ties!!
  • Corvette Pin.
  • YoYo, new in box!
  • (2) Hot Wheels Jeeps
  • A horn. 
  • (2) car related trophy things? Looks like they used to have plaques on them perhaps. 

• A closer look at the trophies. (One corner seems to have been damaged in shipping, I think it can be superglued.)
  • HF Ammo box. Very nice, might use it as a mini toolbox to keep handy in the Miata. 
  • Microfiber cloths.
  • Also, hard to see, but in the corner there's 2 pouch things from Logitech. I'm sure I can find a use for them.

Last but not least, a new shirt for formal events!

Thank you very much Shadeux!

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/13/21 8:42 a.m.
Placemotorsports said:

And here is an overview spread of the rest.  Some rockin' Hot wheels that I didn't have, some sort of headlight harnesses I think.  Not sure if the 2 black housing are for fog lights, a usb power supply, gloves, zip ties, Rush chronicles collection, an led light from a VW, Lamin-X paint protectant, some various bolts, bulbs and a razor knife.  Last but not least, a very used brake rotor! 

Didn't have their full name but thanks so much Hoffbeck!!

The black plastic covers are headlight dust covers for the 1st gen mazda 6. The headlight wiring is AMP to D2S ballast adapter for HID bulbs. The vw light is a mirror turn signal.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/21 9:05 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Hey, you're welcome! That's a '95 Miata horn, lol.

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/13/21 9:05 a.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

This box FTW. Making the steel box for inside the box must have been a feat, well not making it but getting all the stuff in. I can imagine all the small things wanting to fall out while trying to assemble...

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/13/21 9:09 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Thanks man!  Way to represent local with that popcorn too! 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/13/21 9:30 a.m.
New York Nick said:

In reply to stafford1500 :

This box FTW. Making the steel box for inside the box must have been a feat, well not making it but getting all the stuff in. I can imagine all the small things wanting to fall out while trying to assemble...

Harder than it sounds. I bought two sheets of whatever gauge that was steel from lowes, because it was cheaper than my store. We then fabricated a sheet metal brake from two pieces of l channel and some clamps that I took off the shelf. It was REALLY convenient that the internal dimension of the box was 12x12x5.5- it gave me a half in lip to use for mating surfaces. Once I medium berkeleyed up the bends, I started trimming corners til it all tucked. That being done, I jb welded all the sides together save one port. Cram full of E36 M3, seal last corner E36 M3 with remaining tune of jb weld, send. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 9:25 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo said:

Something arrived from PA!

2nd year in a row how many of y'all live there?

Open sesame;

it's a major award!

The haul:

These first few items feel like they go together in some sort of marital aid set;

Santa hat for a furry friend 

Pack of quick links for chains

A bottle of lube for lubing, multipurpose. 

Bottle of hand sanitizer after you lube. 

2” single pulley swivel 

Safety goggles

Two wheel cylinders for Buick, Chevy and GMC

A set of bearings   

Ignition lock cylinder and key for GM vehicles 

LED camera key ring 

Norcold 600 series circuit board with switches for coldest and cold, gas, off and electric 

Another circuit board marked replacement 2-way with a storage and humidity setting

Chilton’s auto trans repair guide for 1974-1980 American cars. My teenage son thinks you're challenging our manliness by suggesting an option other than swapping in a manual when an auto trans fails  

2 actuators? Look like they would make cool robot arms to make punch something  

Fuse block 

Two oil seal for Dana30?

60 pin connectors from digikey 

Interesting patch harness with arched connector 

Some cool stickers, bulldog music label called victory records, couple of “I am pedal trash” hashtag stickers bmx? And a scratch labs knuckle tat sticker 

Hot wheels! Honda City Turbo II, NB RX7, Fairlady 2000 

Matchbox! Benz wagon, Austin Healy Roadster, Ford Ranchero (like my street) and a Nissan Junior (a what?)

And a black tab don’t know what it came from

Thank you Curtis! Great box, my son and I looked forward to this every year and it did not disappoint. I'm so happy I got to participate, I was super late to sign up and would have been mega bummed if I missed a year. And thanks again for organizing this Bill!

You're welcome!  Yours showed up today.  A little late to open it the way it deserves.

The Bearings are genuine roller coaster bearings.  In truth, they're probably a generic, off-the-shelf Timken part number, but the bearings on the roller coasters at Hersheypark get replaced at specific intervals.  I happened to help out one year, so I swiped a couple bearings.  They come from The Comet rollercoaster built in 1946.

The auto transmission manual is a regift from some other year.  I tried using to fix a powerglide with disastrous results.  YMMV.

The circuit boards are fillers.  I always keep old electronics just in case I need resistors or capacitors for something that breaks at the theater.  My bucket 'o circuit boards was overflowing, so SURPRISE!  They go in someone's new year's box.

The actuators are GM power door lock servos.  I took them out of some junkyard doors and they work fine.  I was hanging on to them to use as some form of automation/effect at the theater, but alas, we haven't done any cool enough shows.

The black tab is a super-rare question mark.  I have no berkeleying clue what it is or how it got in your box.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 10:45 p.m.

Finally unpacked my box of goodies from Professor Brap.

A level, a bunch of rockauto magnets, and maybe a Briggs and Stratton service kit?

Sticky base thingies for zip ties! Yes!

berkeley yeah, thirst murderer!

mini sledge, A nice addition to the tool collection. I will use the E36 M3 out of this.

Cool little U(SB)-joint

This set of pushrods goes to eleven. Literally.

A diesel thingie. EGR block-off?

Stickers and a patch "YouTube Self-Certified Master Automotive Technician". Awesome.

Free entry to Columbus Gold, and a buck to tuck when I get in! Plus random other pocket items, a cool Challenger Hot Wheels (I'm down with MoPar for sure), a key chain slash hex driver slash bottle opener, and a ball valve.

A couple of nice 4-pin connectors

A thermometer that looks pretty specialized but I have no idea what for

A highly sought after instruction manual for world domination 

And that Briggs and Stratton service kit! Pretty rad haul, makes me feel like my NYG effort was fairly pedestrian this year.

Thanks, Professor!

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/14/21 8:03 a.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to LopRacer :

You haven't met my postal carriers. I'm surprised they can count to 10, let alone 8413. 

Plot thickens... now USPS claims the package is in a parcel locker??? delivered 1/9/21? Do you have a parcel locker? Might check and see. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/14/21 8:07 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Howdy, glad you liked your box. 

That is a egr block off plate, I believe for a 6.NO but I use them for mixed projects. 

The stuff in the white container with red lid is dialectic grease for AT&t structures and it's the best stuff ever.

The temp probe is for high pressure ammonia cooling systems. 

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gcMWP1NYNsuaH5St4Yz5qd1knNfsi37kIFvlDJD3duC3lAg1CELdb24qFeHDgzWe