1 ... 13 14 15 16 17
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/23 11:08 a.m.

A box from South Carolina arrived last week, my box is finally with the USPS hopefully screaming "East Bound and Down!"  When it first arrived brown dog 1 and 2 had to investigate, brown dog 2 actually sat still long enough to get a picture which is a very rare occurrence given his 9 months of pure puppy energy.  Mrs. Racetruck very much enjoyed the artwork on the box.

First layer had a thermocouple, some PEZ, bubbles and some stickers.  The gorilla riding a unicorn sticker is awesome and is going to have to go on the garage fridge.

Both brown dogs had to investigate the thermocouple thoroughly, it must have good sniffs.  This is cool and may end up on the Saab or some other turbo car.

Zipties, a bronze pilot bushing that looks like it might actually work for my truck, several fashion accessories, a piston/connecting rod with what appears to be a GM part number, the elusive 10mm and a zippo lighter.

Apparently I need to buy a FC RX7 and turbo it according to the literature in this box.  From the RX7 and internet sleuthing I'm pretty sure this box came from wvumtnbkr, Thanks dude!

The brown dogs like the sunglasses, there was some jealousy involved. Blurry action shots of the gentle brown beasts.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/27/23 11:27 a.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) said:

In reply to Antihero :

So the box was light of fun and that was more on the fact that my wife tossed a bunch of stuff in recycling that was under all of that stuff. We laughed about it but... 

The radar detector is one of two that I bought from a silent auction at work... for $5... for the pair. I kept the MAX360 and left the 3 for you... they both are awesome!

Thank you for my box of stuff

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/27/23 2:49 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

A box from South Carolina arrived last week, my box is finally with the USPS hopefully screaming "East Bound and Down!"  When it first arrived brown dog 1 and 2 had to investigate, brown dog 2 actually sat still long enough to get a picture which is a very rare occurrence given his 9 months of pure puppy energy.  Mrs. Racetruck very much enjoyed the artwork on the box.

First layer had a thermocouple, some PEZ, bubbles and some stickers.  The gorilla riding a unicorn sticker is awesome and is going to have to go on the garage fridge.

Both brown dogs had to investigate the thermocouple thoroughly, it must have good sniffs.  This is cool and may end up on the Saab or some other turbo car.

Zipties, a bronze pilot bushing that looks like it might actually work for my truck, several fashion accessories, a piston/connecting rod with what appears to be a GM part number, the elusive 10mm and a zippo lighter.

Apparently I need to buy a FC RX7 and turbo it according to the literature in this box.  From the RX7 and internet sleuthing I'm pretty sure this box came from wvumtnbkr, Thanks dude!

The brown dogs like the sunglasses, there was some jealousy involved. Blurry action shots of the gentle brown beasts.

Glad you enjoyed it!

My 4 and 7 year old daughters did the artwork.  They enjoyed it!  They also said that I MUST put in the bubbles and the pez dispenser.

The revtronics box is for a singal amplifier for the thermocouple for data telemetry to read the thermocouple.  That's all brand new and I was gonna use it for my racecar, but I don't really care enough to do it.    Especially since it's NA.

The piston is from a gm lx9 3500 engine.  It is a multiple race winning engine that I destroyed by getting greedy and not stopping for more oil even though the dashboard was telling me to.  That specific rod and piston burnt up a bearing.

The big gorilla sticker is specific to my team and was custom made for me.  It is from gorilla stickers....

Last year, I was chatting with the gorilla sticker dudes at gingerman raceway after me and my buddies team had just won the Saturday race (the black coozie that says CYR is his team).  I asked if I could get a unicorn sticker from the gorilla stocker guys...

On Sunday, They brought me 3 or 4 of those gorillas riding a unicorn!  

P.s. those zipties are HIGHLY rated.  Those are the strongest multicolor zipties I have ever found.  They are sooper strong for their size imho.

Thanks for posting and giving me that shot of dopamine! 

I did do some sleuthing and figured out who you were before hand, however, I didn't have anything on hand that I could cater towards your vehicles!

Oh yea, those sunglasses might be good ones.  They were found at a fancy restaurant and turned into the lost and found.  After a week, they called me and let me have them.  The zippo was likewise a found item.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/30/23 9:00 a.m.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Ok, I sent out confirmations for shipping and reminders for posting last week as promised.  As of this very second I have confirmations from every participant but one that a package is in the mail.

For that remaining participant, they're a long time veteran of the forum and of the game so I have 100% faith that their package has been sent or will be shortly.

On the other side of the house, we are currently waiting for 16 packages (of the original 61) to be posted to the thread.  Some have been received, and some are still in transit.

Cheers guys!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/23 10:25 a.m.

in case that one person is me:

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/23 10:59 a.m.

My unlucky recipient is about to receive his box o' E36 M3

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/23 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for running with this Bill. 

3 years for me now and it is my favorite part of the holiday season.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
1/30/23 5:32 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

My victim shows as arrived but I guess the GM coil pack brought up unpleasant memories.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/30/23 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Man you got sone 'splainin' to do. Lol

something I realized my recipient didn't get many of ... 

all the stickers. 

I'm already trying to figure out where to use these led strips for GL weekends. 

pioneer head units have always been my favorite. 

ok I need to know what these are:

minature tasting cups for Coors?

awesome Curtis! 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/30/23 9:50 p.m.

DIGGITY!

Racetruck Ron hooked me up!

The gloves actually fit.  Barely.  I got small hands

All this! 
A lovely letter explaining what was in the box, which included a Hamm beer and a Spotted Cow beer (which apparently you can only get in Wisconsin?)   My beers happily arrived intact, a fact which I attribute to those awesome 3D printed beer transport units next to the beers.

Fun fact, Hamm's beer used to have commercials with a bear and a canoe.  Commercials such as this one below:

That canoe?  It ended up at what has become one of my favorite places in the world.  Grand Marais, Mn. and is housed in one of my favorite brewery's in the world, Voyageur Brewing Company. https://www.boundarywatersblog.com/hamms-beer-canoe-has-new-home/

Now I'll finally taste what that bear was on about.

Other bits and bobs include a trio of microfiber towels that need a scrubbing
Couple gear thingies, the Republic Parts, Inc box looks old.  Timing gear parts?
ColecoVision Destruction Derby aka San Fran Driving Simulator
Shift boot from something
Wire looms and heat shrink
An emergency heat blanket
Jag E-Type overhead light (???)
A ratchet with a 10mm socket attached
Some sort of... something?  Wire thingie?  The green handles and the white tips?
Plug wires and an ignition coil
GRM's favorite $20 radio!  Gonna go into something.
Couple wrenches
Buttload of zip ties
Legacy box remnants

What's the white roll of... tape kinda stuff?

berkeleyin sweet, man.  I appreciate it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/30/23 10:09 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Weird story- the brewery I spent time with is stationed in the old Hamm's complex in St Paul MN. Cool facilities. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/30/23 11:45 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Hope you enjoy the beers and I hope they make up for the tardy arrival.  Those coozies are a design of my own I drew up just to send Spotted Cow in the first NYG box I sent like 4 years ago.  Admittedly most of the stuff is from previous boxes aside those coil spring separators, gloves, zipties, rubber duck and hotwheels.  I think I also put a reverse selector collar out of a 350z gear box in there, that's what the big internally toothed metal ring is. Those spring separators are from the second leg of my move from SC-WI last summer where we totally overloaded the blown out shocks on my Yukon and did a lot of sketchy stuff to move the last of our things back north.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/31/23 12:47 a.m.

A box arrived yesterday and mine is on the way to Utah. Hope to have time to open it tomorrow. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/23 10:48 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Glad you like it!

The aluminum tape was left over after some "body repair" on an 85 El Camino.  It passed inspection.
The putty knives were from my original idea to do the same "body repair" with bondo, but the $6 of bondo would have doubled the value of the car.
The radio is one that someone sent me as part of the $5 radio thread from years ago.  I was going to put it in the boat... but I sold that boat.
The ceramic cups are crucibles.  My grandfather was a science teacher and I found them in the attic at the old farm.  Those are for melting things over a bunsen burner.  Feel free to use them as shotglasses.
The LED strips are leftover from adding some lights in the bed of my old truck.

Aaron_King
2/1/23 10:12 p.m.

Ok, here we go:

A box from Illinois

First layer:

The Amelia Island media credential is very cool, a trip to that is on the list of things I want to do one of these days.  The PEZ has been claimed by my daughter, the FCA USB stick is interesting and the rest will find its way into the garage.

Another USB stick, Mopar this time, some drywall anchors, hose, utility knife, driver and a metal cutoff wheel.

The Oil analysis kit is interesting, not sure what I can use the drain sleeve for.  The wood knob I can use, middle son has "lost" one on his dresser somehow.  The required stickers, not sure what the coaster thing is and a wood planer.

I have three of the N t shirts, a staple of IMSA TCR giveaways the last couple of years, and what I think is a choke cable from something.

Thank you who ever sent the box, as always some cool stuff.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
2/2/23 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Ha! See see regifts! The drain sleeve goes over a corrugated 4" landscape French drain pipe to keep silt out.

Aaron_King
2/2/23 9:29 a.m.

My box is supposed to be delivered to Utah on the 4th, hopefully.  When I put the address in at the Kiosk it couldn't find it so fingers crossed.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
2/2/23 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Ooooh, Utah "wierdness" with all the named roads also having numbers. I will keep eyes peeled, just in case it is me.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/2/23 10:19 a.m.
slefain said:

In reply to Aaron_King :

Ha! See see regifts! The drain sleeve goes over a corrugated 4" landscape French drain pipe to keep silt out.

I kept more for next year! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/2/23 10:27 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

I figured the N t-shirt would give it away. Choke cable was for a dixie chopper. I literally replaced it 2 mowings before the engine died and the new engine doesn't use one. Radiator hose is a lower hose for a Rio(I think). Never got around to installing before we sold that one off. Honda Cam bolts are for a 2005-2009-10 Acura RL. I was going to use Them on some project that has long since been forgotten.

Oil Kits, if you don't want to use them, just pass along to another grm'er. If you have any questions, contact info is on the ppwk. 

EDIT: I found two more things I had planned to put in the box after we got home from the Post office, they are now stashed for next year!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 10:48 a.m.

my outgoing box has passed through regional center in Chicago IL and is now en route to its destination in Canadia

Aaron_King
2/2/23 10:52 a.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

It looks like you are the victim, sorry in advance.

Aaron_King
2/2/23 10:53 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Actually when I saw the oil kit I kind of figured.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/2/23 11:15 a.m.

I was starting to worry, not gonna lie, but today my mail lady got a heck of a work out, because not only did both my Dutch ovens show up, but a hefty box from deepest Oregon arrived. 

Love the stickers in the outside.

hey look, there's more of them. Whole bunch of zip ties, magazines, a New Walbro 255, a freaking centec meter (works most of the time), and a healthy page of gasket material that I was getting ready to buy anyway.

Are those white zipties reusable?

miscellaneous hardware and bike parts, including rest liking things I'm not sure about, an old school looking loud as hell bell, reflectors, big flared tube with connectors.  And a ratchet strap that "sort of works".

My biggest surprise, a 5 point harness!! Dates are from the turn of the century so I probably can't use it anywhere, but it certainly looks cool.

Thanks Jesse from Oregon (ransom?)!! And thanks Bill for putting this together for us again too put theUSPS through their paces. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
2/2/23 11:24 a.m.

Expired harnesses make great quick release tiedowns for spare tires and that sort of thing.

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mYTKTNV0dnKDYAUUmp2iu6x4O6OeqiSvuwRECEZWpHVRSEeHii6mx0ZQVfhg7RqZ