1 2 3 4
Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
1/14/14 7:45 p.m.

I have a 900 degree wheel, so it's fairly easy to make gentle steering inputs which I find to be necessary on this car.

Also +1 on trying something new/different, I was thinking last night about a rally challenge. I don't think we should retire old challenges, though, we could always revisit them or keep at it to practice/learn the different cars/tracks

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/14/14 8:19 p.m.

I did turn down the force feedback on my wheel tonight while working on the new Lexus concept car on line event, and I have to say I think that's been a small part of my suckiness thus far. Its way easier to make quick and small adjustments with FF turned down, and it doesn't seem to "pendulum" the car quite as much with steering adjustments. I may give this another go, but really I think I'm just ready for a new car/new track.

Aside - the Lexus concept car is an understeering pig. The lawyer in me wonders if anyone will ever get sued for making someone's car suck in a video game?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/15/14 7:24 a.m.

I need to try adjusting the force feedback because I get the pendulum thing a lot too. It's something that I never had a problem with in GT5.

I will still try the Suzuka challenge even if we pick a new one. I feel like a putz knowing I'm 3.5 seconds off pace

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/15/14 7:53 a.m.
kazoospec wrote: I did turn down the force feedback on my wheel tonight while working on the new Lexus concept car on line event, and I have to say I think that's been a small part of my suckiness thus far. Its way easier to make quick and small adjustments with FF turned down, and it doesn't seem to "pendulum" the car quite as much with steering adjustments. I may give this another go, but really I think I'm just ready for a new car/new track.

You are on to something here - I have a new G27 and it seems like very small inputs are making huge changes in steering. It's like I'm cranking in full lock at every corner entry, breaking the grip, then I have to open it wide to keep from spinning so every corner is understeer, drift... accelerate.

It was either better in GT5, my deceased PS3 Driving Force Pro wheel had a better calibration out of the box or I am in a depressing downward spiral of suckage.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/15/14 10:21 a.m.

Im liking the FF at London battle.... I would suggest an Integra (DC5) Type-R 04 I think is the year it says in game, but its really an 05, headlights/tails are different, I should know... I am biased.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XRfBzOQJTG4WDPbAS8YLkZGoHzmqswk3TNwrdyzHF5dpR4CUD2nRdc7YmePKUskM