1 ... 63 64 65
yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/22/13 12:37 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

I'm glad I don't have kids.....the EDC and lever gun are both kept at bedside. They hopefully will buy me time to reach the 30 carbine in the safe.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/22/13 12:51 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to tuna55: I'm glad I don't have kids.....the EDC and lever gun are both kept at bedside. They hopefully will buy me time to reach the 30 carbine in the safe.

There's a lot of reasons I'm glad I don't have kids... and this is one of those.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 1:03 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to tuna55: I'm glad I don't have kids.....the EDC and lever gun are both kept at bedside. They hopefully will buy me time to reach the 30 carbine in the safe.
There's a lot of reasons I'm glad I don't have kids... and this is one of those.

Because kids make you unsafe?

You say funny things, Bob.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/22/13 2:41 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Having to keep even your EDC & or home defense weapon locked up and out of reach is what he is getting at.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/22/13 2:45 p.m.

Tuna is right though.... kids do make you unsafe. Think about it. Always have to be paying attention to them when you're driving, their toys left out for you to trip over, the fact that parents have higher blood pressure and more likely to suffer a stroke than non-parents.....

Kids are friggin dangerous.

but yes, keeping my home defense gun unloaded and locked up is what I was referring to.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
5/22/13 2:53 p.m.

Do NOT underestimate the ability of a child get their hands on a gun in your house.

When I was 3-4 yo I found a really cool Colt 1911 in the headboard of my uncles bed. They found be bouncing on the bed with the pistol in my hands. When my aunt walked it and saw me, she almost shat herself.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
5/22/13 2:57 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Do NOT underestimate the ability of a child get their hands on a gun in your house. When I was 3-4 yo I found a really cool Colt 1911 in the headboard of my uncles bed. They found be bouncing on the bed with the pistol in my hands. When my aunt walked it and saw me, she almost shat herself.

I don't disagree with that at all......Tuna is doing it right, its just I'm glad I don't have to do that yet

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
5/22/13 2:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: Do NOT underestimate the ability of a child get their hands on a gun in your house. When I was 3-4 yo I found a really cool Colt 1911 in the headboard of my uncles bed. They found be bouncing on the bed with the pistol in my hands. When my aunt walked it and saw me, she almost shat herself.
I don't disagree with that at all......Tuna is doing it right, its just I'm glad I don't have to do that yet

Yep.... that's why I don't allow children in my house. Bring your dog, I'm fine. Kid? He has to stay outside in the car.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
5/22/13 5:52 p.m.

My dads system worked alright, shotgun in bedroom closet, tube full of 15 pellet OO buck, trigger lock.

However, my parents were HIGHLY OPEN about the hazards of the world, it was well understood what a gun was, what it would do, and not to play with them by the time we were tall enough to reach the closet door handle.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
5/22/13 8:52 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: My dads system worked alright, shotgun in bedroom closet, tube full of 15 pellet OO buck, trigger lock. However, my parents were HIGHLY OPEN about the hazards of the world, it was well understood what a gun was, what it would do, and not to play with them by the time we were tall enough to reach the closet door handle.

I want to make this explicitly clear. I tell my kids about guns. We talk about them. I let my 4 (soon to be 5) year old hold both the Glock and the Shotgun, unloaded, finger off trigger, etc. I will be buying him a BB gun for Christmas.

He has three younger siblings. If everyone was his age and above, it may be different, but there is a lot of youth here and it's super important that they can't do anything with it unless I am there.

Any BB guns that aren't made in China? Everything Academy had is.

So, no real solutions other than to put the key to a regular lock inside the handgun safe (which I own and is a Simplex lock), yes?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/1/17 6:11 p.m.

Canoe help keep my kids safe from bad guys with guns?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/1/17 6:50 p.m.

Canoe deleted, carry on.

1 ... 63 64 65
Our Preferred Partners
ClIjNBtaxwfmFMGdLCSfx4gWv2S1zFzMUpcbnb4HGTSyWlNT2YDHAwoXKqNJsLYI