1 2

I'm a dude who likes ball caps, but when occasion arises, I love my bucket hat. Simple, cheap, foldable, and highly protective. No worry about any Brazilian-this, Tilley-that, Australian-whatever, oh-my-gosh-protect-the-brim, or any other special care instructions. Just go buy something cloth at a fishing or outdoor store, stuff it inside a pocket/backpack when not wearing, and enjoy. Simple, easy, but YMMV.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/22 10:09 a.m.

My sun hat:

It helps a ton but is hard to store without damage. I also have a Jeep full brimmed floppy hat but no pics of it.

I stay pale due to my mother getting skin cancer on her breast bone area.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/26/22 8:09 p.m.

I like hats.

For "daily" use, usually a trucker cap–and the steeper the front panel, the better. Also, it has to be fitted (maybe) or snap-back (preferred). No Velco. Today it's Agent Orange.

I also have a plain dark gray cap that I really like–no logo, no nothing. It was actually the sample from the people who print the GRM merch. It kinda goes almost anywhere (well, anywhere that you'd wear a hat).

For "nicer" stuff, I have two Kangols–like a 504 or 507.

When it's cold, yeah, a toque. 

Katya4me
Katya4me New Reader
3/26/22 8:47 p.m.

Not sure if you are into hoods, but I got into hooded sun shirts a few years ago and absolutely love them.  Without a mask, I do need to put sunscreen on my nose, but everything else is covered.  And on race days, I don't have to remember where my hat is when I take off my helmet.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/22 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Katya4me :

That works, hadn't considered it for anything other than on the water. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/22 11:22 a.m.

This is my go-to hat for being out on the water, or in any sort of rainy environment.

Rei Vented Explorer Hat

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oZIWwquFMTCrc6ulDVcmIu84i2g9Hv0h5daPpxoxkP7clj1RaLyx1vtZIZKLDSnu