1 2 3
sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
6/25/15 2:02 p.m.

In reply to DaveEstey: This is a new red, I don't think you've seen this one in person yet. They are hitting port this week. Probably not much different. I loved the 2015 red, we had one, and that become one of the new rallycross cars. Almost brought a tear to my eye when it went to paint for white.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
6/25/15 2:12 p.m.

Gotcha

I still choose blue, but then again I paint all my race cars white so our tastes clearly don't overlap haha

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/25/15 2:15 p.m.

Blue gets my vote.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/25/15 2:26 p.m.

Blue if you don't want black. I would want black.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
6/25/15 3:02 p.m.

Blue! Because I am cursed with red cars.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/15 3:59 p.m.

If you want silver, just get silver. Add some vinyl accents to customize it a bit.

Out of the colors you listed, I'd go with blue or red, probably leaning more towards blue.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/25/15 4:45 p.m.

I have a dark gray WRX. I originally was looking to buy a white one, but there were none available. The dark gray is ok, but realize the color might as well be road camouflage. Seriously, the car is just about the same color as many roads. That can be good and bad.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/15 4:46 p.m.

Dark gray.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
6/25/15 5:00 p.m.

Thank gods this thread isn't about that Dosal chick. Blue.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/15 6:44 p.m.

I've seen that non-WR Blue in person, and it is very... plain. Makes it look like a normal Impreza, no "pop" at all.

I vote the Red.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/25/15 8:15 p.m.

Blue

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
6/25/15 8:22 p.m.

I like the dark gray. But yeah, it does look like road camouflage. Just drive with headlights on when it's cloudy

Type Q
Type Q Dork
6/25/15 10:25 p.m.

Why not get what ever color you can get the best deal on and then have it wrapped in what ever color or finish you want? then change the color every couple of years to make it fresh again.

Spend a little more and you could it done in a paisley, herringbone or plaid.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/26/15 12:47 a.m.

Subarus should never, ever, be red.

Ever.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
6/26/15 12:52 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Subarus should never, ever, be red. Ever.

QFT!

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
6/26/15 1:24 a.m.

That representation of the DGM/Asphalt color doesn't do justice to what it looks like in real life. It actually has 5 different looks depending on lighting. In diffuse lighting it looks more of a dark flat grey, in bright sunlight a very highly metallic and mirror reflective appearance (very impressive), at sunrise a duller and cooler metallic look with a purplish hue, at sunset a duller and warmer metallic look with a reddish/golden hue, and at night its near black in appearance. Easier to keep clean than black...

I will say the WR Blue Pearl is absolutely gorgeous though...co-worker has a '15 BRZ in this color... that darker blue is even better than the original WR Blue! I'd personally want the new WR Pearl Blue color over DGM/Asphalt...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/26/15 7:23 a.m.
sachilles wrote: Colors I don't want White, Silver, Black and world rally blue.

there is no other color than WRB.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
6/26/15 9:44 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
sachilles wrote: Colors I don't want White, Silver, Black and world rally blue.
there is no other color than WRB.

And therefore everyone has that color. I work in the Subaru community, I see a lot of them. I think it's a fantastic color, really like it. Just don't want it on my car. Prefer a less common one.

I've pulled the trigger as of a few moments ago. So can now switch from convincing me what color to buy, to guessing which color I bought.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/26/15 11:09 a.m.

Brown?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/26/15 11:11 a.m.

In reply to sachilles:

Lapis Blue?

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
6/26/15 9:28 p.m.

I loved the aspen white on swmbo's wrx

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/15 9:15 a.m.
T.J. wrote: I have a dark gray WRX. I originally was looking to buy a white one, but there were none available. The dark gray is ok, but realize the color might as well be road camouflage. Seriously, the car is just about the same color as many roads. That can be good and bad.

growing up my Mother used to complain about not being able to see gray cars.. she had trouble with silver too. I always thought she was full of it until I got an Edwardian Gray Saab. I had -more- near misses in that car with people just pulling out in front of me or drifting into my lane, than any car I have ever owned before. It got the point I was driving with the headlights on.

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
6/29/15 12:57 p.m.

This is a very weird feeling. First brand new car purchase in my life at the age of 41. Wife says go ahead and get what ever accessory you want for the thing. I find all that I want are the all weather floor mats and the trunk liner. I've really turned into an old fart. None of the appearance things appeal to me really. Stereo options don't appeal to me. There is a factory short shift option...and I'm not even sure I want that. Might get a pro-clip cell phone mount......whoa I'm living on the edge.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/29/15 1:01 p.m.

I think she just gave you permission to buy a Cobb Accessport.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/29/15 2:44 p.m.

Yes, she totally did.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UpyaPQdfX1rr0sfRBUy5DWIyM1z5wawiXn3dgfqkde070myckBtYFjjeHNqq15DD