1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/15/10 3:33 p.m.
hobiercr wrote:
16vCorey wrote:
Appleseed wrote: WEEN is highly recomended.
For sure. Go to their merch section of their website, and you'll likely see me. I'm one of the t-shirt models. No joke.
or is that w "EE" n?

Hmmm. I don't think that's Corey.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
10/15/10 3:39 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: Me First And The Gimme Gimmes are playing DC very, very soon. I'm extremely tempted to go.
I'd go. I didn't know they were on tour. Looks like they're playing near here on Oct. 30. Great, now I have three shows to choose from for that night.

Hmm. Here on the 29th. Tempting.

I see Social D for the first time about 2 weeks later. With Lucero. I'm stoked.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/15/10 4:12 p.m.

I was going to head up to St. Augustine tonight to catch the Flaming Lips, but plans fell through.

I did see Sonic Youth, Social D and Neil Young in a blow your head off show back in 1991 or so. (during the 1st Gulf war)

Sonic Youth sucked --- screaming and white noise....no musicality, just loudness. They got booed throughout their set.

Social D kicked major ass-- although Mike Ness had a habit of hocking loogies on stage constantly during the show. Still, they played well, and rocked.

Then Neil Young came out and showed the youngsters how it is done. No soft stuff, just distortion laden in your face rock and roll. Neil doesn't like war much, and was pretty pissed off at this point. It was one of the most raw shows I've ever seen. He just blew the place up!

good times

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
10/15/10 4:48 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
hobiercr wrote:
16vCorey wrote:
For sure. Go to their merch section of their website, and you'll likely see me. I'm one of the t-shirt models. No joke.
or is that w "EE" n?

Nope, that's my friend Melissa. I just realized they redid the short sleeve section, so I'm not in there as much. I'm still in there sporting the long sleeve pirate shirt, the pull over hoodie, and a brown hat though!

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
10/15/10 5:04 p.m.
16vCorey wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote:
hobiercr wrote:
16vCorey wrote:
or is that w "EE" n?
Nope, that's my friend Melissa. I just realized they redid the short sleeve section, so I'm not in there as much. I'm still in there sporting the long sleeve pirate shirt, the pull over hoodie, and a brown hat though!

Please insert MORE between Jesus and Tom Hanks from Castaway.

-Rob

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/15/10 6:13 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: Me First And The Gimme Gimmes are playing DC very, very soon. I'm extremely tempted to go.
I'd go. I didn't know they were on tour. Looks like they're playing near here on Oct. 30. Great, now I have three shows to choose from for that night.
Hmm. Here on the 29th. Tempting. I see Social D for the first time about 2 weeks later. With Lucero. I'm stoked.

Yeah, Social D is playing down here, too. We'll see. I'm hoping to be out of town that weekend, but we'll see how it all pans out. I'm still on for D.R.I. plus a bunch of local punk bands tomorrow.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/15/10 6:45 p.m.

WTB postings on the Cleveland Craigslist for Social D tickets are offering $70 and $100 per ticket ($40 face value.) This is not looking good.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks HalfDork
10/15/10 7:31 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: There's something about going to see a live show. I saw GWAR this past Saturday, and this coming weekend is D.R.I. I already have tickets for upcoming NOFX and Suicidal Tendencies shows. Never saw the Flaming Lips, though.

i saw NOFX at the warped tour a couple of years back, and afterwards i actually MET fat mike. ahhhhh memories

Luke
Luke SuperDork
10/16/10 8:13 a.m.
grimmelshanks wrote: i saw NOFX at the warped tour a couple of years back, and afterwards i actually MET fat mike. ahhhhh memories

Friends of mine scored NOFX weed, when they played a show over here a few years back.

MikeSVO
MikeSVO Reader
10/16/10 8:36 a.m.

I had a couple friends who were in a band that opened for the Bosstones years ago. It was kinda neat for me, since I was recruited to play roadie and had to move stuff off the stage while my friends in the front row wondered why I was ON the stage. It was neat, watching the Bosstones from the side of the stage. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but it's always cool to see pro musicians and showmen getting it done.

I'm in the 'I saw the Ramones a million years ago' club, too. I saw them at Green Mountain Raceway in Pownal, Vermont. Lollapalooza '96, I think. Rancid, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Ramones, Metallica, all on the same stage. I went all the way to the front and just watched them all from about 15 feet away... It was so awesome!

Saw Pantera (with Morbid Angel!), Tool, Godsmack, the Misfits and GWAR the same way - general admission, ALL the way up front.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PfUp3VRVCwZe3T3QcBz7PzJ9mI0vsoGQZji2Gror2M2qxXU0clKfd5j0URJXhwER