1 2 3 ... 22
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/4/17 10:52 p.m.

It's that time of year again and I thought I'd fire up a thread and see if y'all were up for "Round 4" of our "GRM New Years Game".

I'm thinking this year I'll take signups for the game from now until Monday the 18th.  I'll create an excel spreadsheet (just like years prior), pair people up, and get everyone out in one batch again this year.

If you'd like to play this year simply PM me with:

• your GRM name

• real name

• Your current address

Please title the e-mail "GRM New Year Game 2017" and please don't post your personal information in this thread. Also in your e-mail please note whether or not you' be willing to ship international (we have some members in Aussie land and some friendly neighbors to the north who would like to participate)  In years previous we've had a surplus of people willing to ship international versus international people wanting to participate.  If you were on the fence because of your geographical location, please don't let it stop you from joining in the fun.

The rules:

"All names in by nightfall (PST) on Monday the 18th of December. You'll have your reply e-mail no later than the end of the day on Wednesday the 20th.

Something "automotive" or "laying around the garage" will again be the norm (offerings to the gods of speed, random car parts, garage reading material, war trophies, stuff you just don't want, etc). You can deviate from this by buying something strictly for the game but you do so at your own risk.  A gift that fits in a flat rate box (size of your choosing) has been the norm in the past, but is by no means a hard and fast rule.

I call this a "New Years Game" because we're all busy enough as it is around the holidays and there's no sense in adding to the cluster.  In saying that there is no real deadline to have your gift sent out, but please be considerate of your giftee.   I think somewhere around January first would be a good deadline to set if you were looking for a timeframe to have a box in the mail.

Since we're doing the lists and giftings in one batch again this year I think we can all post pics to THIS thread. (this part is mandatory please, it's more fun when the other participants get to share your excitement).

There is no punishment for signing up and not participating. But I do have a non-participant list running from the last few years (these are people who received, but did not gift). If you're on the naughty list I'm afraid you won't be allowed to participate this time without some sort of...  well, we can work something out.  Just contact me for details or to check if you're on the list.  Last year we had 50 people involved from around the world, and if I'm remembering correctly we had 100% participation! 

Let's see, did I forget anything?

Oh, yahoo mail subscribers tend to have trouble with the PM system. Try "willgrow" and the number three at gmail.com (all one blurb) for more reliable message delivery if you're a yahoo user.

Cheers!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/4/17 10:53 p.m.

A quick FAQ page for this year:

-  "Pair people up" is just a term I use.  The person you are shipping a gift to is not the person you will be receiving a gift from.  I can change this in years future if enough people want it that way, but for now I use a random assignment system.  The only exceptions to this are international shipping and possibly in late entries

- Late entries:  Want in after the deadline?  No problem.  All I need is another person to mix you up with.  There may be more than one person wanting to jump in late so please don't be afraid to make a post asking.

- About 33% of the people participating offer to ship internationally.  Don't want to do it?  No worries!  For those who do end up shipping internationally, I try to make sure they get an international gift in return.  Often this means pairing them up with the person they're sending a gift to.

- Sorry, I will not share a persons screen name with you but I'm not above dropping hints (like what kind of cars they like, or something similar).  I do this because I feel it keeps any sort of forum rivalries out of the game.  Maybe you know that Hungary Bill guy works at Hennessy Honda installing Nitrous Fogger Jr's and you want to send him a whole bag of...  Well, I don't want to be giving away perfectly good gift ideas now...

I think that's all I got!  Happy gifting everyone!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
12/4/17 11:50 p.m.

In! This was a ton of fun last year.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/5/17 5:39 a.m.

FYI new PM system wouldn't let me title the message but I'm in.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/5/17 6:03 a.m.

I'm in! laugh

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/5/17 6:28 a.m.

I'm in. Email hopefully send, but wouldn't let me change the subject.

Edit: confirmation received, pm works! Thanks again for putting this together, it's always fun to watch play out. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/5/17 6:50 a.m.

As with others, title's wrong, but PM sent. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/17 7:36 a.m.

I'm in again, PM sent. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/5/17 7:44 a.m.

In!  I wonder if the Dreamcast with Sega GT I sent out a couple years ago is still out there to be regifted?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/5/17 8:03 a.m.

I'm in. PM sent, but I forgot to say that I would be open to sending internationally.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/17 8:08 a.m.

I'm in.  

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/17 8:13 a.m.

wink

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/5/17 8:45 a.m.

Email sent!

Here's to hoping!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/5/17 9:05 a.m.

I'm in.  Monster parts? laugh

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/17 9:12 a.m.

In!

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
12/5/17 11:40 a.m.

emailed.

In the contact form I changed my "Name" to "GRM New Year Game 2017" which should show up in the email subject. My forum name I put in the email. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/5/17 11:56 a.m.

It's about time...it's been like a whole year since we've done this.

I'm in, I'll send the PM this evening.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
12/5/17 12:13 p.m.

Emailed, as I'm a yahoo. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/5/17 12:27 p.m.

In, PM sent. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/5/17 12:29 p.m.

In!!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/5/17 12:40 p.m.

In.

Thank you for hosting this again. 

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
12/5/17 12:43 p.m.

I trust you received my entry?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/17 8:42 p.m.

I’m in but can’t send an email until I get home tomorrow.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/5/17 8:42 p.m.

In!

(Before the lock?) I have no idea what is going on with these thread locks recently so I figured I better just get in now.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/5/17 8:52 p.m.

PM sent.. twice actually due to missing information.   Awesome , very much wonderful New Year's game.

1 2 3 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SvI1ub9MyqoJou2ssz2KU40SnuUJoxexYKiRqrf8QCV6GcPQyRJ1GNpZJLgTTLlO