volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltraDork
12/8/17 8:19 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

One sock.  That would drive me nuts.  

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/8/17 8:59 a.m.

Haven't done this before - do we reveal screen names in the box?  Or is it totally anonymous?

Sending pm in 3,2,1....

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/8/17 9:11 a.m.

Everything is up to you, you can choose to remain anonymous or announce yourself in the box or after the reveal.

You should look over last year's thread, it'll give you some good insight into how this works.

AClockworkGarage
12/8/17 9:18 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
12/8/17 9:20 a.m.

I want to be in, but I'm away from home until after the first which means that I can't ship until something like January 8th. Is that cool? 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/8/17 10:50 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I want to be in, but I'm away from home until after the first which means that I can't ship until something like January 8th. Is that cool? 

absolutely!

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
12/8/17 11:15 a.m.

thanks for the link from last year. I have only been a casual observer in years past so its good to see some ideas of some crap I can scrounge up and throw in a box.  

barefootskater
barefootskater New Reader
12/8/17 12:30 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

That cleared up all my questions. Thanks

Count me in! Sending PM...

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/8/17 7:55 p.m.
boaty mcfailface said:

...its good to see some ideas of some crap I can scrounge up and throw in a box.  

That's the spirit!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/8/17 9:43 p.m.

My desk at work is full, it's due for a clean up.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/8/17 10:36 p.m.

I stared at all the E36 M3 I have laying around. berkeley it, I'm in. I shall apologize in advance to whoever receives mine. 

Hungary Bill
12/10/17 2:03 a.m.

Happy Sunday everyone!

I got the list updated and sent out confirmation e-mails.  If you didn't get yours please let me know :)

As of today we have now tied the record for participation in the GRM game.  Last year was our record year of 50 people, and it looks like we might beat that this year.  That would be four years in a row of increased participation.

I've got a few e-mails asking for gift suggestions, and Clockwork posted the link to last years game, but if anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to aks via e-mail or on this thread.

Cheers!

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
12/11/17 7:23 a.m.
paranoid_android said:
boaty mcfailface said:

...its good to see some ideas of some crap I can scrounge up and throw in a box.  

That's the spirit!

After all, it is the season of giving, and as a purveyor of the worlds finest crap, well what kind of man would that make me if I kept it all to myself?

AClockworkGarage
12/11/17 7:49 a.m.
boaty mcfailface said:
paranoid_android said:
boaty mcfailface said:

That's the spirit!

After all, it is the season of giving, and as a purveyor of the worlds finest crap, well what kind of man would that make me if I kept it all to myself?

In my case: Mercyful.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
12/14/17 8:09 a.m.

Just out of curiosity was this started as a spin off of the Pelican Parts Christmas gift exchange?

RedGT
RedGT Dork
12/14/17 8:38 a.m.

Just thought about this today.  Yayyy, not too late!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/17 8:57 a.m.

I've spent most of the past year tossing stuff into a small box specifically for this moment.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/14/17 10:29 a.m.

I'm planning on putting my box for this together tomorrow... already have a few fun and unique things collected over the year and am sure I'll come up with lots more than I go through the garage a bit tomorrow. laugh

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/15/17 9:50 a.m.

Hmm.. I'm all out of rotor housings with scored up rotors...  What to do this year?

AClockworkGarage
12/15/17 12:05 p.m.

Im 90% ready. Just waiting on Bill to shoot me an address so I can throw in some kind of personalized gift and send it on it's way.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/15/17 6:11 p.m.

Just realized I forgot to take the "Executive" badge off of the chunk of RV nose cone before it got hauled off. I also realized I need to get a box. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/15/17 6:26 p.m.

I have also been stashing things in a box all year in anticipation of "the game", and now the game is afoot! Just waiting on my victim's, er recipient's info so I can ship this bad boy. laugh

Hungary Bill
12/17/17 12:46 a.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem :

It was actually the year M4ff3w told me about his participation in the "Hooniverse Secret Ninja Game" that got me motivated to do this (via facebook.  I think I had JUST joined GRM at the time).  I'm not a Hooniverse member, nor am I near as eloquent as they are in their description of the game (see here:  http://hooniverse.com/2016/12/06/going-for-broken-in-2016-hooniversal-secret-ninja-claus-rides-again/ ) But I thought it was weird a group as close & odd as GRM didn't have their own game going, so I started an excel spreadsheet and the GRMers kind of did what GRMers do from there laugh

It's definitely become my favorite tradition every year

Hungary Bill
12/17/17 12:48 a.m.
WonkoTheSane said:

Hmm.. I'm all out of rotor housings with scored up rotors...  What to do this year?

It's not too late! 

You can do it, I have faith laugh

Hungary Bill
12/17/17 12:52 a.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

Im 90% ready. Just waiting on Bill to shoot me an address so I can throw in some kind of personalized gift and send it on it's way.

Just three more days!

This weekend's tally puts us at 54 people, a new record!  Things are starting to simmer down a bit so I'm going to start mixing the names up, but it's not too late to enter if you're interested.  Just shoot me a PM and I'll get ya in the mix.

Cheers everyone!

-Bill

1 2 3 4 5 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bQDm6sQtPgekWH7hWqj8TF0PJWLBrxK2RnkkjlDIJ5MnKbFhZdiF73Qx9U7bzzbN