1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/20/17 4:48 p.m.

Got my victim. Hope to send better stuff than last year (in my defense it was my first time). If it's not raining Friday I might try to hit the pick 'n pull for some last minute shenanigans... surprise

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Seems like a good place to continue the fun!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/20/17 4:59 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

That sparkles with me  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/20/17 5:00 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I am planning to hit up the flea market this weekend for some last minute items. Plan to ship mine out on Monday. 

Rather than starting a separate thread for the receiving end of things, is everyone OK with posting here when y'all get your loot?

It worked well last year. Better than the half a gifts received thread from the year before.

Despite my car not wanting to come home, I did get my package shipped today, expected Saturday delivery. 

I may or may not have used a different members address for the return address, because why not?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/21/17 8:11 a.m.

Got mine sent out yesterday. I remembered a bunch of stuff sitting around the Grosh, spent $8 at Harbor Freight, I think it's an ok box. I juuuuuuust barely fit it all. 

It was enough fun that I'm going to start collecting for next year right now with the plan of grabbing cool things from all over. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/21/17 9:04 a.m.

Package is on its' way!  It'll be the one with the duct tape and the GRM sticker cheeky

Side note for anyone shipping a USPS flat rate box to Canada- keep it light!  The postal worker couldn't tell me where the limit was, but 22lbs is heavy enough to have to go as a regular package despite being in a flat rate box, negating any savings you were hoping to get by using their box in the first place.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
12/21/17 9:34 a.m.

Probably shouldn't say "bombs away" because mail and all. But y'all get the idea.

I promise there isn't anything combustible in there. But there is some rust. Its amazing how many "awesome gifts" I've accumulated.

Edit: I'm pretty sure a Type 1 VW crank would fit in a flat rate box.... If only I hadn't thrown it away last month.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/21/17 9:39 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I believe in the Medium flat rate box, international weight limit is 20 lbs.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/21/17 9:46 a.m.

Mine is away. Should arrive saturday.

The recipient should refrigerate it right away. or, you know, just throw it away immediately.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/17 10:10 a.m.

Ironically this thread reminded me that I need to put a hold on our mail for the weekend while we're gone to the Frozen North to spend Christmas with the in-laws. Bleh.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get my box together and off until next week, but it hopefully will still arrive by New Years, so hopefully it will be worth the wait.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
12/21/17 11:02 a.m.

I am hoping to ship mine out early next week, just need to pile everything into the box then get it sent on its way! Hopefully the recipient enjoys it!!

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/21/17 11:04 a.m.

Why work when you can stalk the board to tie a name to a screen name?  Feeling pretty proud that I figured it out.  Box goes out in the morning!

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/21/17 11:32 a.m.

I'm in the sending it out next week camp. I need the time during my vacation to get (in)appropriate items gathered.

I thought we were supposed to get the person's screen name so we COULD easily do the research..

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/21/17 12:09 p.m.

I hope I correctly deciphered the identity of my victim, otherwise...There may be some confusion.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
12/21/17 12:19 p.m.

Mine will go out next week!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/21/17 1:04 p.m.

My box is running a few days behind. I got a little nuts yesterday and started a thing. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/21/17 1:12 p.m.

I'm lagging a few days, but hope to have mine out by Saturday at latest. Might have to grab a few extra things to throw in there. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/21/17 3:28 p.m.

Just got mine ready. I'll send it out on my way to work tomorrow.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/21/17 3:59 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:

Mine is away. Should arrive saturday.

The recipient should refrigerate it right away. or, you know, just throw it away immediately.

From the earlier pics, if it didn't stay in the frigid north for the entire trip a dumpster is the best bet...devil

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/21/17 5:33 p.m.

In reply to bluej :

I thought the same thing last year (my first year), but nope.  It's just a wing it and see what happens kind of affair.  That makes it hard (for me anyway) to pick the crap I'm shoving in a box.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
12/21/17 7:23 p.m.

Okay.  Box jammed full of stuff (E36 M3) and sealed.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/21/17 8:33 p.m.

I realized that the whole real name in your screen name movement put a dent in the anonymity thing.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
12/22/17 8:49 a.m.

I really just need to raid my garage space for some left over goodies from some of my brothers projects / repairs and I think I should have a decent box of 'stuff' to ship out. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/22/17 12:54 p.m.

Now I feel real bad, mine got here already. Unboxing pics to come soon. Unless I'm supposed to wait.

EDIT: I'll hold off to not be the first to post his haul. But I will say that I won't be sending mine out today because I feel like I need to step my game up. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/22/17 1:22 p.m.

I've been bad. My box is still sitting in my basement, ready to be sent out.

Daylan, post pics. Someone has to be first.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/22/17 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Post 'em up! No shame in being first to receive, plus those who haven't yet shipped may get some ideas/inspiration from your loot. laugh

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M8PG1iH8ETztI08levD0HQF4cEWxkPZYqlEun9Zgq4PShsvlpYxgx6vN4PSsaEXg