1 2
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/28/20 8:34 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Datsun310Guy said:

I don't have an answer but I always said somebody should build a "big guy" office chair.  

Our chairs at work are designed for 120# ladies and not the bigger dudes like me.  

I always figured that was intentional all for anyone in outside sales - they don't really want you in the office much anyway, right?

We used to keep a few of those chairs around our office for the more...rotund....they were not comfortable, but those chairs were trash when we started. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/29/20 1:57 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

So what did you end up with?

With me working from home for the foreseeable future, I'm looking around too.  $150-300 seems to get a good used or refurbished Steelcase Amia, or Gen1 Leap.  A Gen2 Leap is what I have at work and I don't really have any complaints.

I have a decent home desk chair, but definitely not setup for 8 hours a day of use.  The pleather is flaking off on one side, and non-adjustable arms makes it difficult to use with my desk, esp. with how I have my laptop placed :(

I've still been cheap and haven't picked up anything yet. We are waiting until August to make any purchases and see what we can pay off.

We are getting a little influx of extra cash, so going to try to take care of a few other things first.

But I need to do it, I suspect I'll be working from home until next year.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mp0gjyRfGIB6w1QFIrBspJMKKxHWKTLi4hOeoZmpKyjfWYv6HFVml4b4G93VczwE