1 2
foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
12/4/09 4:37 a.m.

For just one of a specific size, I'd probably go to mcmaster carr.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Reader
12/4/09 6:10 a.m.

I teach highschool metalwork. The wee cherubs always shear the cheap taps off in their projects. Busted taps are such a disappointment to not be able to remove.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/4/09 8:25 a.m.

FT, while I like dealing with mcmaster as well, for things like taps, Rex Supply http://www.rex-supply.com/cgi/CGPTHOME is great. Professional quality tools at a reasonable price. And they have some real oddball stuff too. If they don't have it, it probably isn't made.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/4/09 8:28 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: FT, while I like dealing with mcmaster as well, for things like taps, Rex Supply http://www.rex-supply.com/cgi/CGPTHOME is great. Professional quality tools at a reasonable price. And they have some real oddball stuff too. If they don't have it, it probably isn't made.

Hess - that site is great. Prices are good too. Thanks.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
12/4/09 9:02 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Everything local to me seems to be tapers but I need a bottom tap in 10 X 1.25mm for cleaning head stud holes.

Spare Taper tap and 10 minutes on the grinder = Bottom tap. Made dozens of them that way.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
6/4/12 10:58 a.m.
Hal wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Everything local to me seems to be tapers but I need a bottom tap in 10 X 1.25mm for cleaning head stud holes.
Spare Taper tap and 10 minutes on the grinder = Bottom tap. Made dozens of them that way.

bingo

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
6/4/12 11:11 a.m.

In reply to smartcookie:

Possible canoe?

I know this is a zombie thread but people seriously like Craftsmen taps??? I HATE Craftsmen taps. I have broken more then a couple of those POS.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/4/12 11:15 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to smartcookie: Possible canoe?

Definite canoe. smartcookie's email address is from that site.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AlRxb7Up7KTVgiSelrkfdBd4n4bYZWktlL6FrvBORTXNQZYlklSW3tjeauxnPiUa