1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 ... 396
VikkiDp
VikkiDp Reader
5/24/23 4:26 p.m.

The Russians are claiming the Ivan Khurs (intelligence gathering ship) was attacked near the Bosphorus Strait (Turkey)

I have one question - what was a intelligence gathering ship doing off the coast of Turkey?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/24/23 4:29 p.m.

That is an area, sort of, where US surveillance aircraft and drones tend to fly over and where they almost shot down a British Plane.  So maybe that?

It is pretty interesting that the Russians are essentially not protecting parts of their boarder. It really shows that they are super confident Ukraine has no interest in invading them.  The part that they entered by the way, is pretty much in the direction of Moscow!

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/24/23 4:41 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

5/24/23 4:43 p.m.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/24/23 5:40 p.m.

Um, excuse me.  Just for the records, does that count as captured equipment?

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/24/23 6:14 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

And for everyone of your nazi/death threat there was the opposite "side" doing the same thing. The horrible things I was called, even HERE where we are supposed to be civilized. I never once told anyone what to do or how to do it, only asked questions of why not alternatives. You want to play the martyr, but you're not. No one here is.

Your persecution complex is so bad you're demanding me to see the opposing side of a terroristic threat in a thread about an ongoing war. Are you drunk? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/24/23 6:28 p.m.
VikkiDp said:

The Russians are claiming the Ivan Khurs (intelligence gathering ship) was attacked near the Bosphorus Strait (Turkey)

I have one question - what was a intelligence gathering ship doing off the coast of Turkey?

All the pictures they show of the Khurs shows it intact and without damage- I'd say what would the purpose be of lying at this stage, but Russians are very, VERY dumb.

They're probably looking for more surveillance drones, like that one they sprayed fuel on intentionally to attempt to down. My bet would be they're trying to confirm drones and not decoys FIRST to spare flight time and strain on their dwindling airframes.

In reply to aircooled :

It is pretty interesting that the Russians are essentially not protecting parts of their boarder. 

I wonder if they genuinely did pull everything just for the front; or if the propaganda of NATO is now working backwards, and your average Russian citizen is so scared of The West invading they're preemptively fleeing conflict.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/24/23 6:49 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

You brought it up. Fair game. 

im in pain but no I'm not drunk. Just tired of your E36 M3 today

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/24/23 7:01 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

You brought it up. Fair game. 

im in pain but no I'm not drunk. Just tired of your E36 M3 today

Yeah but you're the one who got all triggered and butthurt over a discussion you weren't apart of lmao, grow some thicker skin bud

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/23 7:18 p.m.

Ok guys don't make me start a tried of your E36 M3 because you're butthurt thread.  Step away from the keyboard and keep this thread clean.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/24/23 7:22 p.m.
Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 9:41 p.m.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 9:43 p.m.

Stampie
5/24/23 9:51 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

IMHO there's levels of clean.  Pointing out dissenting options might not be clean to you.  When you start cussing at each other then maybe that's too much.  

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 10:00 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

No whats not clean to me is the insertion of politics and personal attacks, which has been going on for a long time in this thread. Feel free to review it. I understand its really hard, if not impossible, to talk about a major geopolitical  conflict without talking politics. What Ive seen is both of these things have been happening in this thread for months. But one viewpoint is let slide, but when someone dissents from the current mainstream narrative then we start getting the posts about "keep it clean" and  "this thread isnt about politics its about Ukraine updates, go make another thread."

Nobody said keep it clean when I was called a Russian sympathizer multiple times, only when bobzilla says hes sick of someones E36 M3.

Hypocrisy

If you want it to be about updates, then make it about updates that applies to everyone, if you want to inject your personal opinion and politics, dont cry when someone else does the same, but they disagree with you

5/24/23 10:20 p.m.

Stampie
5/24/23 10:21 p.m.
Opti said:

In reply to Stampie :

No whats not clean to me is the insertion of politics and personal attacks, which has been going on for a long time in this thread. Feel free to review it. I understand its really hard, if not impossible, to talk about a major geopolitical  conflict without talking politics. What Ive seen is both of these things have been happening in this thread for months. But one viewpoint is let slide, but when someone dissents from the current mainstream narrative then we start getting the posts about "keep it clean" and  "this thread isnt about politics its about Ukraine updates, go make another thread."

Nobody said keep it clean when I was called a Russian sympathizer multiple times, only when bobzilla says hes sick of someones E36 M3.

Hypocrisy

If you want it to be about updates, then make it about updates that applies to everyone, if you want to inject your personal opinion and politics, dont cry when someone else does the same, but they disagree with you

I think you need to read what I said above.

tried of your E36 M3 because you're butthurt

I choose those words very intentionally.  I took words from bobzilla's post above and GIRTHQUAKE's post above.  I find it very interesting that you think I was asking bobzilla to keep it clean and totally chose to ignore the other side of my post.  When one is biased it's hard to see the forest from the trees.

Stampie
5/24/23 10:22 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I love how all governments spy is a subversive thought to many of you.

Ain't a single person talking about this but you.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/23 10:24 p.m.

This is too valuable a thread to tube it. Please, let's keep it on track.

Occasionally someone here will embarrass themself. Let them. They will tire of being ignored far sooner than they will tire of quarreling with you.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 10:35 p.m.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 10:36 p.m.

Stampie
5/24/23 10:37 p.m.

In reply to Opti :

Sorry but I'm the father of a 15 year old.  I would hope that he would think twice before saying "butthurt" to me.  It's close enough in my mind.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
5/24/23 10:48 p.m.

Stampie
5/24/23 10:50 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/24/23 11:37 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

There is an equally horrific humanitarian crisis occurring at our own border but none of you has the minimal courage required to discuss it.  Why?  Going to censor that too?  Going to claim you aren't afraid of simple words and then hide them again?  

Because this isn't the thread in which to discuss those particular things. As has been said, numerous times, in numerous threads, please feel free to start a thread in which you can discuss that particular issue.

1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 ... 396

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5b9yLhoNpk7OaBUmbO5C5kmQ0n989LhzokW9BBjxxHJP162emiG8Zbe2zTdpz6zw