1 2
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/25/18 4:51 p.m.

That elongated hex is all over GM products right now. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
5/25/18 7:07 p.m.

I think it is an Uber driverless van.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/25/18 7:25 p.m.

My first instinct said Ford, but that's based on nothing.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/18 7:34 p.m.

We should be able to ID the car once we get the part number, but the bigger question is what then? You can BOLO for cars with damage matching the model, but unfortunately that's about it. My FRS got hit in the middle of the day, in a busy as hell commercial section of town, in front of at least a dozen people and 5 different businesses and they still couldn't catch the berkeleyer.

I hope this shiny happy person does get what he or she deserves, but take it from my experience and dont spend too much time and energy stewing over it because it will just piss you off more. Better off having a drink or two and letting the insurance handle it. Hit and runs suck ass.

thestig99
thestig99 Dork
5/25/18 7:53 p.m.
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/25/18 8:02 p.m.
thestig99 said:

Going with 2015ish Cruze.

https://www.goodsspecial.top/2015-2016-chevrolet-cruze-left-driver-front-bumper-fog-lamp-opening-cover-new-oe-p-13043.html

I thought the same thing. I think we have a winner!

I'll admit, I started my search by thinking of cars someone would finance for an absolute stupid rate, and companies that would finance them. Hyundai and nissan topped my list. Chevrolet wasnt far behind, nor was dodge. 

Edit- the reason for my rationale was that these people would most likely have horrendous to no insurance and be more prone to paying on a wrecked car as opposed to fixing it. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/25/18 8:18 p.m.

I think we have a winner! Now you just need to scope out all the local liquor stores and bars...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/25/18 8:50 p.m.

Oops. I ment to quote ECM and ended up editing her post

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/25/18 9:15 p.m.

Lol, the hazard of being a mod! laugh I like your edit.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/25/18 10:03 p.m.

Do like I've done twice in the past and cruise the local area. Twice I found the moron who hit me either in the same neighborhood, or just down the street. Whether the local cops give a damn is a totally different story. The first time I tracked the guy down the local PD said there was nothing they could do. The second time the local PD (different city) had the car impounded and dragged the owner to court for hit & run, leaving the scene, and reckless driving.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/18 10:33 p.m.
slefain said:

Do like I've done twice in the past and cruise the local area. Twice I found the moron who hit me either in the same neighborhood, or just down the street. Whether the local cops give a damn is a totally different story. The first time I tracked the guy down the local PD said there was nothing they could do. The second time the local PD (different city) had the car impounded and dragged the owner to court for hit & run, leaving the scene, and reckless driving.

I hope that's the outcome.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/26/18 6:49 a.m.

Or even call local body shops and see if a car came in matching the description. 

thestig99
thestig99 Dork
5/26/18 10:24 a.m.
Mndsm said:
thestig99 said:

I'll admit, I started my search by thinking of cars someone would finance for an absolute stupid rate, and companies that would finance them. Hyundai and nissan topped my list. Chevrolet wasnt far behind, nor was dodge. 

Edit- the reason for my rationale was that these people would most likely have horrendous to no insurance and be more prone to paying on a wrecked car as opposed to fixing it. 

I pretty much had the same thought process. laugh Based on your previous comment about GM using that honeycomb pattern, I started there...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/18 10:28 a.m.
thestig99 said:

https://www.goodsspecial.top/2015-2016-chevrolet-cruze-left-driver-front-bumper-fog-lamp-opening-cover-new-oe-p-13043.html

You’re right, excellent work!. She posted a pic of the part number and it cross referenced to 2015-2016 Cruise. Thanks, everybody!

thestig99
thestig99 Dork
5/26/18 10:35 a.m.

Good luck with the rest! Hopefully you can reach a positive outcome. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/18 12:36 p.m.

I vote a savage beating of the hit and run driver with the peice of their own broken car. 

sparkymcfearsome
sparkymcfearsome New Reader
5/26/18 1:26 p.m.

For full justice she should break off another piece of their  car and beat them with it.☺

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gqBaYCenxYvalqKZ6fYjybUTonwhj2zhSt5p2p6hBBwJGHfvyrFqYpB5fO4xc692