1 2 3
Jake
Jake HalfDork
8/2/11 3:23 p.m.

I like Ace best when/if I need something random. It's a little more expensive, but they are close to home and friendly/helpful if I need it.

5 years in on a never-ending renovation, though, if I take the half an hour it might have taken me to go to the store and come back, I might be able to find what I need in my basement. The bulk-packs of CPVC plumbing fittings and couple of extra sticks of 1/2" and 3/4" pipe I bought a couple years ago have come in handy more than once. If I can find them.

I'm having a memory of the hardware store that we went to when I was a kid. Old hardware stores smell a certain way, you don't get that too often any more.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
8/2/11 3:30 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
DrBoost wrote: But, why is it the only thing I buy there that isn't total crap is lumber?
Ummm... as a carpenter with 35 years experience, I can think of no lower quality lumber than that which is offered at the big box stores. I almost NEVER buy lumber at HD or Lowes. Unless, of course, I'm REALLY in the mood to service some callbacks.

Funny, my dad has been a woodworker for many years, and he likes the wood he buys at Home Depot fine. Coincidentally its the same HD the OP shops at. They store there wood indoors, unlike the local yard that stores it outdoors.

Joey

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
8/2/11 3:33 p.m.

How do you know where I shop? Are you stalking me? Am I really cool enough to have a stalker?

I am not a carpenter so I may not know enough to know if it's crap, but I sight down the 2 by's and they stay straight for the months that they sit in my basement till I bend nails in them.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/11 3:39 p.m.
Taiden wrote: This is GRM. Couldn't you just make a sprinkler out of a briggs 1 horse and a vw diesel injection pump?

Wouldn't you need a megasquirt kit to realy get the lawn coverage you want out of a sprinkler?

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
8/2/11 4:53 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: How do you know where I shop? Are you stalking me? Am I really cool enough to have a stalker? I am not a carpenter so I may not know enough to know if it's crap, but I sight down the 2 by's and they stay straight for the months that they sit in my basement till I bend nails in them.

I guess i don't know where you shop. I assumed it was at the one near your house;)

Joey

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/2/11 5:03 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: How do you know where I shop? Are you stalking me? Am I really cool enough to have a stalker?

I know where you shop because you started a thread on the internet about it.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/2/11 7:21 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
DrBoost wrote: How do you know where I shop? Are you stalking me? Am I really cool enough to have a stalker?
I know where you shop because you started a thread on the internet about it.

Now THAT is funny. lulz

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8riM9DmjXMa8emDeYDKS32PJPmbejWyb2qC6ajwMPQeSkDYov75kG1wXITzj9nbU