1 2 3 4
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/3/12 3:27 p.m.

I'd say is this for real, but I just watched about 5 minutes of it on TLC.

Really?!? Is anyone that bad off that they'd watch this?

Honey Boo Boo

BTW the little I could read about this on the YouTube write ups is that she juices the little girl up and the network thinks that's funny.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
9/3/12 3:29 p.m.

I thought there were rules against exploiting the underage. Guess it doesn't apply to low-class rednecks.

fwiw, I'd never watch it. TLC has become Redneck TV.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/3/12 3:34 p.m.

I'd name it Shallow Gene Pool

cwh
cwh PowerDork
9/3/12 3:43 p.m.

Gee, wonder what their food bill is. They all appear to be quite well fed.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/3/12 3:43 p.m.

My wife loves trashy reality tv, so of course this was set to record on the DVR as soon as it was advertised.

This show is the worst possible thing that could be put on TV. I hate it. They are a bunch of white trash rednecks that want to make a profit off their daughter who sounds like an illiterate shiny happy person for her age.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/3/12 3:58 p.m.

Kardasians - Trailer Trash. Too close to call. I'm disappointed in the viewing public.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/3/12 4:04 p.m.

I can't believe it made it on the air. How do you pitch a series like this?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/3/12 4:08 p.m.

The promos are more than enough for me, I've never watched it. My understanding is it's a spinoff from the 'Toddler and Tiaras' show, which is revolting enough.

On the other hand all those reality shows are scripted, so who knows what the people are really like.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/3/12 4:13 p.m.

I am proud to say I have no idea what the berkeley you are talking about.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/12 4:15 p.m.

Should have call it "Hey y'all, watch this."

And then sponsored it by Budweiser.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/3/12 4:21 p.m.

Another example of why I cancelled my cable ten years ago.

Scrolling through channels while on the treadmill on the gym, I came across the trailers for this, watched a few minutes of "Hoarders" and the gypsy wedding program, and it scares the crap out of me. Honestly, I fear for the future of humanity.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
9/3/12 4:22 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I can't believe it made it on the air. How do you pitch a series like this?

Reality TV must be ridiculously cheap to make. No writers, no actors; instead of finding the best clips, you find the worst.

Whenever you see what appears to be a bad crash on the road, do you look? Reality TV is kind of like that.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
9/3/12 4:39 p.m.

Three words:

Ow. My. Balls.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/3/12 5:59 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: I'd say is this for real, but I just watched about 5 minutes of it on TLC. Really?!? Is anyone that bad off that they'd watch this? Honey Boo Boo BTW the little I could read about this on the YouTube write ups is that she juices the little girl up and the network thinks that's funny.

It actually had higher ratings than the Republican National Convention. (no political comment intended).

http://www.eonline.com/news/342326/honey-boo-boo-beats-republican-national-convention-coverage-in-ratings

WTF is wrong with people?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/12 6:00 p.m.

shows like that make Suicide look like a viable option

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/3/12 6:00 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Reality TV must be ridiculously cheap to make. No writers, no actors; instead of finding the best clips, you find the worst.

It is. That's why there's so much of it.
(Says the guy who used to work in TV)

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
9/3/12 6:48 p.m.

Haters gonna hate. I like that show better than either Top Gear.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/3/12 6:58 p.m.

Remember the days when the learning channel and the discovery channel actually carried educational and interesting programming?

Now...TLC is E36 M3ty reality tv for women, and TDC is the same, but for men.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
9/3/12 7:07 p.m.

Yeah, I remember watching surgeries on TLC back in the day. Now all we see are lobotomized individuals.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
9/3/12 7:16 p.m.

I read the paper at work when I'm working nights and I read about this show a few weeks ago. It sounded so bad, I saved the article to show my buddy. I saw a commercial for it the other night and it looks every bit as bad as the article made it sound.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
9/3/12 7:24 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: The promos are more than enough for me, I've never watched it. My understanding is it's a spinoff from the 'Toddler and Tiaras' show, which is revolting enough. On the other hand all those reality shows are scripted, so who knows what the people are really like.

except Cops ... or so I've been told ....

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
9/3/12 7:27 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
carguy123 wrote: I'd say is this for real, but I just watched about 5 minutes of it on TLC. Really?!? Is anyone that bad off that they'd watch this? Honey Boo Boo BTW the little I could read about this on the YouTube write ups is that she juices the little girl up and the network thinks that's funny.
It actually had higher ratings than the Republican National Convention. (no political comment intended). http://www.eonline.com/news/342326/honey-boo-boo-beats-republican-national-convention-coverage-in-ratings WTF is wrong with people?

ratings sometimes are a bit misleading ... several yrs ago re-runs of the Andy Griffith Show and Designing on a Dime had higher ratings than the NHL All Star game ...

go figure

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
9/3/12 7:34 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

I thought hockey went on strike a few years ago and never came back?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/3/12 7:35 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Should have call it "Hey y'all, watch this." And then sponsored it by Budweiser.

I'd watch the E36 M3 out of this show.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
9/3/12 8:59 p.m.

TLC... I would face palm, but I just cut up a mess load of peppers, onions and garlic for some pasta sauce tomorrow.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zzzVtOwFV19vNAEsGPHhvuTAMcaP96rpvBRGqE1PmlYBJ0WtSFYmXhUwwYpR6ugQ