1 2 3 4
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/4/12 9:45 p.m.
Wally wrote: My wife loves sister wives http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/sister-wives, but mostly because I provide insightful commentary throughout each episode. Imagine their suprise when they found the only lifestyle the people of Las Vegas couldn't tolerate.

That's another one my wife loves. I can't stand it.

We have two TVs in our condo; one in the bedroom and one in the livingroom and neither of us like being in the bedroom. I usually end up on the computer because I can't stand the shows she watches.

Teen Mom 2 is recording right now on the DVR. I have half the mind to delete it.

stroker
stroker Dork
9/4/12 9:52 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I am proud to say I have no idea what the berkeley you are talking about.

+1

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/4/12 9:58 p.m.
stroker wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: I am proud to say I have no idea what the berkeley you are talking about.
+1

All I can say is: be grateful.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
9/4/12 10:43 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: neither of us like being in the bedroom.

Sorry about your luck.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
9/4/12 11:01 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: neither of us like being in the bedroom.
Sorry about your luck.

I meant to watch TV

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
9/4/12 11:08 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Imagine MLK coming back from the dead and hearing "Throw Some D's on That Bitch" for the first time. That's how I felt when I saw the commercial for honey boo-boo. We were doin so good, guys.

NSFW. Language.

jde
jde Reader
9/5/12 8:26 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'll miss Grand Am, ALMS and F1.

Grand-Am stream on their site Rolex races (at least) a few days after each event.

Indycar place their broadcasts on YouTube.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
9/5/12 1:50 p.m.

Bruce Springsteen was right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/5/12 8:43 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote:
Wally wrote: My wife loves sister wives http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/sister-wives, but mostly because I provide insightful commentary throughout each episode. Imagine their suprise when they found the only lifestyle the people of Las Vegas couldn't tolerate.
That's another one my wife loves. I can't stand it. We have two TVs in our condo; one in the bedroom and one in the livingroom and neither of us like being in the bedroom. I usually end up on the computer because I can't stand the shows she watches. Teen Mom 2 is recording right now on the DVR. I have half the mind to delete it.

The show has started to grow on me. Here's a guy who has so much love to give the world he chose quantity over quality in his collection of brides, and was run out of Utah for being a poligamist. The whole clan was stunned the be the target of the police even though the show up on tv each week breaking the law. Every junkie I ever met knows to keep a low profile. They load up the wagon train and bring their super religious clan to Vegas, where you could be punching white tigers in the balls on you're front lawn and noone would notice but the thought of a half dozen wives makes the neighbors cringe. Then they start looking for property to build a compound to house their growing family and decide on a lovely plot at the intersection of Sodom and Gomorrah. I am looking forward to the series finale where hopefully guest star Janet Reno runs a tank over his Murano convertible. This time I will be rooting for her.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/12 8:42 a.m.
jde wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I'll miss Grand Am, ALMS and F1.
Grand-Am stream on their site Rolex races (at least) a few days after each event. Indycar place their broadcasts on YouTube.

ALMS streams their racing as well.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
9/6/12 9:06 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to 93EXCivic: BBCA shows nothing but Top Gear and Doctor Who it seems. I want to see some British comedies.

Is there a problem with that? Two best shows on television.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/6/12 9:08 a.m.

I have no idea what this show is and don't want to. Have a nice day.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
9/6/12 9:09 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to 93EXCivic: BBCA shows nothing but Top Gear and Doctor Who it seems. I want to see some British comedies.
Is there a problem with that? Two best shows on television.

I have to thank you Brad for getting me into Dr. Who.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/6/12 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

I have Netflix for that, I would like to see some stuff I can't see on Netflix.

gamby
gamby PowerDork
9/6/12 1:14 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Another example of why I cancelled my cable ten years ago. Scrolling through channels while on the treadmill on the gym, I came across the trailers for this, watched a few minutes of "Hoarders" and the gypsy wedding program, and it scares the crap out of me. Honestly, I fear for the future of humanity.

Yeah, Honey Boo Boo is the absolute end of the spectrum. It is the absolute bottom of the barrel of American culture. TV can stoop no lower than that.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/12 1:16 p.m.
gamby wrote:
Lesley wrote: Another example of why I cancelled my cable ten years ago. Scrolling through channels while on the treadmill on the gym, I came across the trailers for this, watched a few minutes of "Hoarders" and the gypsy wedding program, and it scares the crap out of me. Honestly, I fear for the future of humanity.
Yeah, Honey Boo Boo is the absolute end of the spectrum. It is the absolute bottom of the barrel of American culture. TV can stoop no lower than that.

Don't tempt the Gods. MTV did just cancel Jersey Shore and is looking for the next series to replace it.....

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
9/6/12 1:18 p.m.
gamby wrote: Yeah, Honey Boo Boo is the absolute end of the spectrum. It is the absolute bottom of the barrel of American culture. TV can stoop no lower than that.

OH NO, WE'RE DOOMED!

Every time someone says it can't get worse - it does!

The0retical
The0retical Reader
9/6/12 1:34 p.m.

Article Link

Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and her Jersey Shore castmates will be pulling in money hand over fist for the sixth season of the popular MTV show. Snooki, Pauly D, and The Situation will earn $150,000 per episode, Radar reports. Multiply that by 12 episodes and the total season's haul comes out to $1.8 million each. Tack on a reported $400,000 signing bonus at the beginning of the season, another $200,000 bonus at the end of the season, and $150,000 for each additional reunion special, and just like that, Snooks, Sitch and Pauly are $2.55 million richer. JWoww will reportedly earn about $100,000 per ep, while Vinny will rake in $90,000, and Ron and Sammi come away with $80,000 each. But what about Deena, the other meatball? Well, since she wasn't an original cast member, her earnings aren't nearly as high as the others, but don't feel sorry for her. She will still make $40,000 an episode.

It's sad when you pay them more to speak at Rutgers than an Noble Prize laureate. To add to that the geniuses that provide our entertainment to the lowest common denominator think it's a good idea to pay them to breed. I kind of think we deserve to go extinct.

Glad I don't have cable anymore.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
9/9/12 11:52 a.m.

Cracked's take in this...thing.

Cracked said: The oldest daughter on this show was pregnant and, on the show, still is pregnant. But in real life she had her baby. Are you sitting? Oh my God, sit. The baby has three thumbs. How perfect is that? The only possible way that could have worked out less ironically would have been if the baby turned out to be Kuato. There are pictures you can find on the gossipy corners of the Internet right now showing the baby, with two thumbs on one hand, while one of the other daughters douses the kid's soother in an energy drink and pops it into her mouth. They're feeding energy drinks to a newborn three-thumbed baby. I don't even know where to begin. Yes, I do. They're feeding energy drinks to a newborn three-thumbed baby. If you go deeper into the rabbit hole, you'll discover that the media has been enjoying itself digging up dirty secrets about the family, because a family that shows this side of itself to the public must be hiding something awesome. And according to official sources (The National Enquirer), Momma Boo Boo went to jail for passing bad checks, Poppa Boo Boo has burglary and firearms offenses, all four kids have different fathers, some of whom are sex offenders.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
9/9/12 12:06 p.m.
gamby wrote: Yeah, Honey Boo Boo is the absolute end of the spectrum. It is the absolute bottom of the barrel of American culture. TV can stoop no lower than that.

I think you're underestimating how low TV can stoop.

Makes me extra pleased with the agreement my fiancee and I have that the TV will stay off when we're both home. It has improved our relationship drastically.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/9/12 12:16 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I think you're underestimating how low TV can stoop.

+1

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
9/9/12 3:14 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I think you're underestimating how low TV can stoop.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
9/9/12 5:14 p.m.

Just when I think I've heard of the worst TV show in history...they one-up themselves.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/9/12 5:39 p.m.

I worked in TV for close to 30yrs. I was part of the crew that sends the signal out ("Master Control" or "Broadcast Operations", depending on how swanky the job titles are at the station). One of the comments I always hated was, "It must be nice to get paid to watch TV!". In the beginning, all the shows & commercials were on different videotape machines. It took precision, dexterity, and timing to manually switch from one machine to the other (and to insert graphics over the signal) on the air. I used to actually invite people to come by the station so that I could show them it was a real job.

Over the years, it became automated. The time spent not programming the automation or transferring media from videotape to server file was spent..getting paid to watch TV.

I still hate the joke, but at least these days I have a better reply:
"What's on TV these days, they need to be paying me to watch.."

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
9/9/12 10:24 p.m.
turboswede wrote:
gamby wrote:
Don't tempt the Gods. MTV did just cancel Jersey Shore and is looking for the next series to replace it.....

We started that. Yes. Its our fault. Remember a few years ago and the "Guido Beach" thread? God have mercy on us all.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r8nrK2KHBliEsrLtUJbkmuwNXqhhLRRkyTIQPsKRx0jztDfEI7SBuqBBNidJH8Gp