John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/08 12:26 p.m.
SoloSonett
SoloSonett New Reader
8/14/08 12:31 p.m.

Ah, Now that! was a SUBARU! I owned the first one sold in Oh Hi ya.

Tiny boot, but It would go anywhere! Fast and fun

Josh
Josh Reader
8/14/08 12:41 p.m.

I'd like to get quadrozontal with that chick in the ad!

Lesley
Lesley Dork
8/14/08 12:56 p.m.

Yah, she looks likes she's yearning to be tamed.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
8/14/08 1:11 p.m.
Josh wrote: I'd like to get quadrozontal with that chick in the ad!

Do you realize how old she must be now?!

integraguy
integraguy Reader
8/14/08 1:13 p.m.

Back in the '70s, a co-worker had a Subie wagon of the same vintage as this car. I got a ride home from work in it one afternoon, and what a ride. If you were raised on '50s through '70s american cars, you will understand why I say it was like riding in a refrigerator with windows. VERY small, very tinny feeling, and the engine even sounded somewhat like a large/unstressed compressor motor.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
8/14/08 1:23 p.m.

It looks a lot like the corollas of the same era.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/14/08 1:25 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Back in the '70s, a co-worker had a Subie wagon of the same vintage as this car. I got a ride home from work in it one afternoon, and what a ride. If you were raised on '50s through '70s american cars, you will understand why I say it was like riding in a refrigerator with windows. VERY small, very tinny feeling, and the engine even sounded somewhat like a large/unstressed compressor motor.

Sounds like my Legacy wagon, only the Legacy is bigger, and shaped more like a refrigerator with windows.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett New Reader
8/14/08 1:44 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
Josh wrote: I'd like to get quadrozontal with that chick in the ad!
Do you realize how old she must be now?!

Yeah BABY She's still hot to trot!

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
8/14/08 5:07 p.m.

And much more experienced.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
8/14/08 5:45 p.m.

About 6 months ago I went in a junkyard and saw like 5 of those. I havent seen any before or since though.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/14/08 6:04 p.m.

I had one of those in high school!

Mine was a 74 1400DL, bright orange with tan vinyl seats and an automatic. I can confirm that it was one of the worst cars in history. I had so many bad memories of it that I actually waited two years after the WRX was introduced before I was finally confident enough to buy one.

The front shock towers had completely rusted through by the time the car was about seven years old. One day, I pulled over after overheating for about the hundredth time, popped the hood and found that in addition to coolant everywhere, one of my shock towers was actually touching the valve cover.

I drove home slowly, got a 2x4 and a scissor jack, spread the shock towers back to approximately where they were supposed to be, and bolted in two pieces of angle iron to keep them there.

That was the day I invented the strut tower brace!

mudforthegurl
mudforthegurl New Reader
8/14/08 9:47 p.m.

Turn her on and get her wet!

(I mean, y'know, there's all those boats right there...)

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
8/15/08 10:09 a.m.

My Impreza Coupe is more like a tame woman yearning to be spirited...

integraguy
integraguy Reader
8/15/08 1:58 p.m.

I looked in a collector car buyer's/price guide this morning, looking to see what this car might be worth....in EXCELLENT condition...a car like the one in this ad would be worth $6,000.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2FeFRI2V0PCSImlf4Pdf5G8Ef9EvZe40dXros9EZco2Mp3Xyl0fephjtqnmFylK4