1 2
nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
5/26/20 1:19 p.m.

In reply to BFH_Garage :

That looks great. How did you decide to attach the shelves?

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
5/26/20 1:41 p.m.

In reply to nderwater :

I used some shelf pins that I had laying around, like these below. On my next one (yes, I want to build a bigger one), I will raise the front of the shelves a little bit to keep the cars from occasionally wanting to roll forward. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/11/21 3:35 p.m.
BFH_Garage said:

Case built out of a speed limit sign, 1x4 wood, a wood 18x24" picture frame from Hobby Lobby and some aluminum strips for shelves. 

Quoted for awesome.

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/11/21 6:51 p.m.

Our 3 year old grandson so much wants to get into this...

Obvious bias towards open wheel formula cars.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/11/21 7:25 p.m.

I built a curio cabinet to store them, under lock-and-key.

I may need to add some more shelves.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/11/21 9:33 p.m.

If anyone is looking for a custom made wall case for MB or HW cars and lives near me in central PA, I could be your Huckleberry. Holds probably 125-150 cars. Wood, glass front doors, beveled glass shelves. Was custom made for me back in the 1970s. It's been sitting unused in my basement for three decades now. PM me if interested. It will cost money but won't be what it cost to have made.

FieroReinke
FieroReinke New Reader
1/12/21 8:34 a.m.

How about those that display a handful of Hotwheels at your work desk, how are you doing that?  I have 6 I like to have on my desk at work, but I still have not come up with a good way to display them.  

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/21 8:54 a.m.

Whoever did this is doing it right.

(It was not me)

Mine are scattered pell mell, hither and yon all over the house.  I have some on the strips that you see them hanging on at the store.  Others are loose.  And some in boxes in the back room.  I have them loose and carded.  I have some carded that are in protective packages to protect the card.  Maybe my collection of little cars represents my life.  surprise

Again, the above display is not me.  But I do like the idea!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 11:05 a.m.

In reply to FieroReinke :

Auto World sells these really nice 6-place cases just for that. Here's swmbo's case.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 11:11 a.m.

Here's my main display, note all the endurance cars on the bottom rows:

Here's my secondary display, note the various in the package cars around it:

And a close up of the bottom three rows, the absolute pride of my collection:

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/12/21 11:35 a.m.

I posted this in the other thread as well, but this is my desk at home (which also counts as work, for now).

Turns out these spice shelves hold about 30 cars.

Hauler parking is on the bookshelf (don't judge my library!)

dimarra
dimarra Dork
1/12/21 11:44 a.m.

Years ago, I made a display board for my son's Hot Wheels out of a piece of plywood and the white vinyl J and H channels that's used to edge 1/8" Masonite sheets.  Don't have a photo but threw together this image:

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
1/12/21 3:46 p.m.

I bought a spinning display rack from a store that was going out of business. However it doesn't fit NEARLY enough, so most of mine are in boxes or scattered around the house on shelves or on top of cabinets or whatever.

I've been considering liquidating everything but my rotary cars and cars I/friends have owned, because that alone would fill this rack.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wQpN2RrPgrthXZXdaobP0BfKsDw9sNGabJIUoFgeiYZE1oSqZlh2HxlsdL9DjrFP